Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I bet a ton of people are going to be like Slippery with this game.

Seeing the stream numbers is rather concerning considering the hype.

I do wish I was in beta just cause right now is a dead zone for my gaming time.
LoL is boring until the Pre-Season starts and Hearthstone is meh. Overwatch would be perfect filler.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Concerning low? Most of the streamers with a large fan base are headed to Blizzcon so the numbers have dipped pretty drastically.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've pretty much stopped watching now, feel like if I don't i'll be burned out on it before I even get to actually play.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Concerning low? Most of the streamers with a large fan base are headed to Blizzcon so the numbers have dipped pretty drastically.
Yea, true, that accounts for some of it. But still a couple popular guys on right now (Seagull / Ster), and the game only has 12k viewers. If people are really hyped they'll find someone to watch regardless. It's currently 10th on Twitch. I do believe the game will be very popular but it's also familiar enough to TF2 that I feel like people don't care to watch it too much. Maybe once the competitive scene grows you'll see Twitch numbers rise but until then I doubt it'll be competing for that coveted 4th spot.

You'll also get more interest in streams once it's out of Beta as people will be trying to improve their own play.

Most of the stream viewers in prior days was from popular streamers from other games giving it a try. Now most of them are back to their main game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've pretty much stopped watching now, feel like if I don't i'll be burned out on it before I even get to actually play.
Same. I occasionally pop in but currently I have zero desire to watch since I can't play lol.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Shrug, why do digital and physical console games cost the same? At any rate im sure this will be officially announced tomorrow. I sure as hell dont want to have to buy anything from gamestop.

Tenks

Same. I occasionally pop in but currently I have zero desire to watch since I can't play lol.
Yeah I find it really hard to watch a game I can't play. I'd watch Starcraft all day then go home and play it. I don't think I'd enjoy watching it as much if I couldn't learn from streamers then go home and implement some of their ideas.

Tenks

The PC one will still be free I thought. Why are they charging 60 bucks for a console release...
They haven't announced the pricing strategy for PC. And they probably are charging consoles $60 because they know the console crowd will happily pay it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what it would really take for a f2p major title to be released on a console or if it would even be feasible. Like is a console set up to manage multiple hats and other cosmetic purchases that fund most of these types of things. Or is the console culture just so different from PC that the idea of spending money on hats, announcers, and such would just never happen. You're paying for your PS+ or XBox Live account already to play online, a barrier that doesn't exist on PC, but the dev doesn't see that money. Just a random thought with no real critical thinking behind it, but made me wonder if the PC Master Race is going to be f2p with no monetary gating of characters or something while console plebs pay $60.

Tenks

I still think the most logical way to sell the game is $20-$30 + MTX. That way if someone is hacking you can ban them and they have to pay real money to jump back in. It also makes it so you more freely give away some of your content (heroes and maps, specifically) because you are having that initial cost to play but the initial price is low enough the player base doesn't feel scammed by MTX as well.

Tenks

Looks like consoles + pricing will probably be announced at Blizzcon. Not that the news of that is very shocking.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yea, true, that accounts for some of it. But still a couple popular guys on right now (Seagull / Ster), and the game only has 12k viewers. If people are really hyped they'll find someone to watch regardless. It's currently 10th on Twitch. I do believe the game will be very popular but it's also familiar enough to TF2 that I feel like people don't care to watch it too much. Maybe once the competitive scene grows you'll see Twitch numbers rise but until then I doubt it'll be competing for that coveted 4th spot.

You'll also get more interest in streams once it's out of Beta as people will be trying to improve their own play.

Most of the stream viewers in prior days was from popular streamers from other games giving it a try. Now most of them are back to their main game.
Stream numbers this early, especially with most people not having access, don't really mean much. It might sound weird but people would be more likely to watch good players if they could play themselves. Plus with the low amount of keys and the current lack of competitive scene for the game, that also reduces the potential amount of interesting streamers so people don't follow streams yet. I think it'll turn out fine.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder what it would really take for a f2p major title to be released on a console or if it would even be feasible. Like is a console set up to manage multiple hats and other cosmetic purchases that fund most of these types of things. Or is the console culture just so different from PC that the idea of spending money on hats, announcers, and such would just never happen. You're paying for your PS+ or XBox Live account already to play online, a barrier that doesn't exist on PC, but the dev doesn't see that money. Just a random thought with no real critical thinking behind it, but made me wonder if the PC Master Race is going to be f2p with no monetary gating of characters or something while console plebs pay $60.
Destiny just added cosmetic purchases so its definitely possible, from what I can tell, they have been a successful addition as well. I haven't bought anything but I do see them in game quite a bit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wouldn't be surprised at the addition of a 3CP mode, or even a KOTH. There's a lot they can do and the style of the gameplay opens up the possibility of a lot more than there is currently in the game.