Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love how reddit is in meltdown mode that Overwatch may cost $60. Further solidifying that I have absolutely nothing in common with the average user of reddit.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Subreddits that start to get quite large are disappointing in most of my experiences. It's all circlejerks constantly. I won't say that I won't pay 60$ for it since it's still early closed beta and I'd have to wait to see what else is added, but 60$ and almost guaranteed microtransactions is a turnoff. Still though, depends where the game is headed.

Tenks

Well it is called Overwatch: Origins Edition for the console so it most undoubtedly includes a cosmetics bundle as well. Just like I'm sure there will be a similar analog for PC. I'd still be shocked if the game isn't F2P or have a low base price.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well yeah HotS had a bundle also on release, and LoL did too, it's like starter pack bundles and shit, doesn't mean the game won't be F2P. Unless they sell heroes though I don't see what you'd find in a 60$ bundle on release, 60$ of cosmetics sounds like a fuckton. Could be low price+cosmetics pack. We'll know soon enough anyway, I assume this is the kind of shit they might start with for the overwatch panel on the first day.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Do we have a Rerolled representative at Blizzcon exchanging handjibbers for beta keys?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
You know, I haven't been playing this because Binding of Isaac DLC has been more exciting, but I think due to the salt levels in this thread I'm going to go play a single match
So I did as I promised, and went and play a single game. It was the first time I played Pharrah, that is such an easy mode hero. Was on a defense map (payload style), and at one point I solo killed the entire team with ult and a few shots. That shits just too easy. I'll have to mess around with her more. I had tended towards your more standard heroes like Soldier 76, Widowmaker, etc. I think I just don't have good enough reflexes and pinpoint aim anymore for characters like McCree, gettin too old
frown.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems this was found:Continue to Battle.net ®

Says expected release date is spring, "before june 21st". A couple of months later than I expected but yeah. Also confirms consoles, again. Doesn't actually say what's in it though, obviously it'll link to an actual page once it's ready, for now it redirects to an error page.

Tenks

Probably just a game + cosmetics bundle. If you give them your money now you get even MORE cosmetics!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There better be a lot more to the game than what they've shown, because these game modes suck.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh man please let this game have a required $60 box cost. The response from the sheep would be hilarious.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what others experience is with their friends, but aside from RTS games, Multiplayer FPS games on the PC are just about the last place my casual friends last, I'm certain more of them play a MOBA than an FPS. My thought was, what percentage of Blizzard's fanbase (Diablo/WoW players) are going to regularly play Overwatch? I think less than 20% of my Bnet friend list would play Overwatch weekly. I think Overwatch will be successful in its own right, but I'm not sure its playerbase will overlap with some of Blizzard's most rabid fans. A massive percentage of WoW players can't hack it in hardmode raiding, will they persist in an KB/M FPS environment?

That's honestly my biggest question for the game as far as projecting numbers. TF2 tops out currently at like 50-70k concurrent at most. CSGO is by far the biggest FPS for concurrents but it is in another stratosphere of difficulty for the average Blizzard fan.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Id assume free edition would have character rotation like LoL and Origins Edition will have everyone unlocked +1 skin? Id prefer it like that in a way but who knows.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The art style in this game is great. Playing that Asian themed level made me hope they make a WoW 2 someday.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Id assume free edition would have character rotation like LoL and Origins Edition will have everyone unlocked +1 skin? Id prefer it like that in a way but who knows.
Character rotation in an FPS would be literally retarded.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Now I know why you are clinically depressed. It's time to let your dreams go.
I'm actually not clinically depressed. My last two psychologists told me I wasn't depressed, my life just sucks and I have to change it before anything can help me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm actually not clinically depressed. My last two psychologists told me I wasn't depressed, my life just sucks and I have to change it before anything can help me.
Well you play one well on TV. And WoW 2 is still never.