Overwatch

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Competitive is either a curbstomp, you curbstomp, or a god damn in tents game. 33% chance on all of that apparently.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I got a mental image of an overwatch camp out, with the heros in sleeping bags and tents shooting across a campfire at each other
biggrin.png

Autocorrect I guess?

Mao

Trakanon Raider
The thing I am starting to see that is really ruining it for me is people abandoning, so even if you do win you get shit. If you lose, you lose a whole rank. Other than my first day of competitive, I've never had a win give me more than like, 10% of a level. Yet each loss loses me a whole level. Even if I am rocking 3 golds and a silver. It feels even worse if you are the healer. I lose, get 1 gold in healing and lose a whole level. We win, I play great, keep everyone alive. Tank does his job and doesn't go off fapping into the corners and we actually hold the point. 10% a level. I'm obviously missing something in how all this works.

I've pretty much given up on levels entirely and am just playing for fun at this point, but something feels off. a 50/50 win rate should mean that you are right where you should be no? A 50/50 win rate shouldn't suggest that you keep going down in score.

Also, people saying that it 'levels you up or down based on your performance'. I am really curious what metrics they use, cause in a team game chasing a good KDR down some side alley while never playing the objective doesn't really contribute.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
a 50/50 win rate should mean that you are right where you should be no? A 50/50 win rate shouldn't suggest that you keep going down in score.
Depends.

Right now with a fresh ladder and the system literally learning millions of players ranks, some people who placed at, for example, 60 initially may derank as other people rise up to take their spot. We saw this with CSGO half a year ago, when Valve unfucked their ranks. Somehow the system got top heavy. There were tidal waves of salt across the forums as people deranked to their new rightful spot.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Finally playing with people that know what they are doing. I think alot of the people that figured out that competitive is about what you need to play, not what you want to play. The i want to play this character crowd is going back to quick play.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally did placement on day off so i'd be awake. First 2 and I was ready to kill shit. Both had some unspeakably bad people. Like defense as tracer and genjii and of course neither I think made a single kill. That sorta thing. Got a win, got a close loss then 6 wins. One of the wins though I'll admit it was unspeakably easy so I suppose that's a wash with the first couple.

52 I'll take it, but really interested to see what the difference of winning one of those first ones woulda been.

Sludig

Anyone got a team going that needs a s76 or pharah? add me: antha124#1321

Currently Rank 53
All the try hards are going to want someone that can swap and actually play all roles not just offense. I'm working on that too, I have someone for every role, but still have my few favorites and have a few i'm unplayable with, fortunately none of those are what I consider must haves. I find myself definitely switching at times just for early game vs push or final whatever.

I do wish when grouping playing, more would make suggestions on what they think is needed. Sometimes in a dilemma myself with odd groups what to do even though I wouldn't mind playing whatever.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yup. Sorry, I mostly lurk but picked up the game and decided to just add everyone on the list to get some games.
ok cool, add me again, Ravishing#1226

--------

So finally recovered from my midnight binge where I went from 49 to 42 due to lack of sleep. Back to 49, but not at .500.

I was placed 48 with 4 games over .500... I'm now 49 with 2 games under .500. That's a 6 game swing to the worse to be 1 rank ahead of where placements put me lol. By the time I have that 6 games back I'll be way ahead of where placements put me. Shit is weird.

Sludig

Fucking rustled. Sneak to backline in volskra on attack. Catch a 76 by suprise and rocket head shot him. Instantly their healer rezes when nothing else dead. In a tunnel so he nails me. Before I even return to fight. I fly up high approaching last flag and watch her rez her team again. We are talking like 60 seconds and can't have been that much healing to get a sub minute rez wtf.

Sludig

They are a bit silly, I think I've been killed and killed someone with them maybe once since release. I'd gladly trade that "ability" with even just another 15hp or another grenade in the magazine.

Depends.

Right now with a fresh ladder and the system literally learning millions of players ranks, some people who placed at, for example, 60 initially may derank as other people rise up to take their spot. We saw this with CSGO half a year ago, when Valve unfucked their ranks. Somehow the system got top heavy. There were tidal waves of salt across the forums as people deranked to their new rightful spot.
It isn't really a somehow. The same thing happened with league of legends this season. The whole premades of various sizes mixing in with the solo queue population shoots everything to shit from a ranking standpoint. Are you a mid fifties player that got carried by a full stack of 70+ skill players and now you're rocking out solo for a couple of games and without daddy high rank holding your hand you can't deal with the level of play? Well, welcome to the down slide and screwing every team you are on until you hit your natural level. Or conversely you happen to be a decent player who has no friends and solo queues a lot. You didn't really climb that hard because of running in to stacks or just having jackass randoms on your team. But you sure as shit are stomping everything now that the true elites have moved out of the mid range rankings.

This game has that weird mid point of not being solo centered enough that you can't just purely carry every game even beneath your skill level, but not being team centered enough that having a dud or two in your stack prevents you from up ranking as long as the other players have their shit together. Having said that I'm having fun playing in the fifties. The game is just fun as long as you aren't actually playing it with ranking solely in mind. I play ranked instead of quick play because for the most part people actually run decent comps. Rank is just a by product of not having three reapers, two torbs, and a wild genji as my team comp.

Cybsled

Ranked in morning: People work together
Ranked at night: Stonerville and bros

I'm sticking to mornings