Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I rarely revisit one of these after the initial release.

There's been a handful like 7 Days to Die which is in it's 11th year of alpha I believe, but they're pretty rare.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Game definitely feels like an early access game, both due to bugginess of some core systems and how imbalanced some of the late-game loops are. It won't take toooo much to resolve both of those issues. Will be a bit harder to add a true end-game given how loose the combat is, and that's probably OK.

I can see myself playing it in a couple years. I can also see myself preferring to play some other new buggy ass unfinished mess instead like Downhammer says.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can buy eggs and milk from the red merchants for like 50 gold each. Actually farming them yourself is for suckers.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You can buy eggs and milk from the red merchants for like 50 gold each. Actually farming them yourself is for suckers.
Each cake takes 8 eggs and 7 milks iirc, or 750 gold worth. At 116 cakes to max out a pal's star level, that's 87,000 gold just for one Pal, and just for one of the easiest parts of a cake to farm. Easier to just catch a handful of chickens and cows, then condense them and ranch them (along a Beegarde) for Honey and save the $$$ for HQ Quality Pal Oil, Leather, Bone, etc.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
What are you doing that you don't have room at some base for 3+ pals in a cake ranch? If you're willing to buy eggs/milk/honey from a merchant I would assume you're also buying ammo and other more complex items from the merchant so you wouldn't need a sulfur base and quartz isn't a recurring expense to justify a dedicated setup. If you're ganking black marketers non stop and have the gold to spare, sure, buy ingredients for everything but I'm genuinely curious what you have 45-60 pals doing that you can't spare a couple for a ranch. I get that buying from a merchant is easy, but there's literally nothing easier than coming back to a stocked freezer from your ranch.

And if your problem is your pals eat your cake materials just put a single cotton candy or honey in the 2-5th feed box slots. Won't decay and won't fill with edible ingredients.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Each cake takes 8 eggs and 7 milks iirc, or 750 gold worth. At 116 cakes to max out a pal's star level, that's 87,000 gold just for one Pal, and just for one of the easiest parts of a cake to farm. Easier to just catch a handful of chickens and cows, then condense them and ranch them (along a Beegarde) for Honey and save the $$$ for HQ Quality Pal Oil, Leather, Bone, etc.

Respawn and kill 7 black marketeers every time you wanna max out a pal. 10-15k gold each. Faster than waiting for 116 cakes worth of ingredients to generate with other loot benefits as well.

but yeah I have a ranch going too. Plenty of room for everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ark and Rust are like different sides of the long-term Survival genre. Still a ton of people playing both and constant content added. I never played either one unfortunately, but people who are really go-hards in survival games live and breathe one or both of those games.

Every survival game is either "____ Rust" or "_____ Ark" at this point when the hardcore survival people talk about them.
One of my kids, younger one, 18, loves ARK. Him and his buddies constantly keep going back to play this game. My other kid, older, 23 now, loves his Rust. Hes been playing this game for years and him and his buddies have their bases or whatever and constantly get into PvP fights over them. Ive never tried either but they have literal THOUSANDS of hours into these two games. Not sure about Ark, but I know Rust was one of the first survival, building type games after that Dayz game became popular.

Cybsled

Main reason I don’t play Rust too long is the mandatory map resets every 30 days. Eventually you get sick of starting from scratch

Caliane

don't know if anyone has been watching their discord.
"coming soon". world raid boss.

and,
1710512968394.png

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

2.0.6 up on steam. xbox "when ready"

<@&855661599910133790>
**[Update Notice] **
・Steam update v0.2.0.6
・Xbox update v0.2.0.6

Steam version v0.2.0.6 has been released.
(Xbox version v0.2.0.6 will be released when ready. )

**Patch Notes:**

===

**▼New Content**
・Implemented the first Raid Boss
⤷ You can summon Raid Boss Pals by using slabs at the new Summoning Altar
⤷ Raid Boss Pals summoned by slabs are very powerful and can not be captured. Work alongside your base Pals to take on these powerful foes.
⤷ Pals Eggs can drop after defeating Raid Boss Pals.
⤷ The "extreme" version of the Raid Boss is incredibly powerful and difficult to defeat

・New "Training Manual" items have been added. These manuals allow you to give experience points to Pals.
・New item "Ancient Technical Manual" has been added. This manual gives you ancient technology points and can be randomly found inside dungeon chests.
・New "Recovery Meds" items have been added. Using these meds will slowly recover your HP over time.
・New item "Homeward Thundercloud" has been added. When used, this item will instantly move you to your nearest base.
・New item "Ability Glasses" has been added. When equipped, you can see Pal's stats.
・New stat boosting items have been added: "Power Fruit, Life Fruit, Stout Fruit". These items will boost Pal's stats when used.
・Added a new passive "Mercy Hit". Pals with this passive cannot reduce enemy HP below 1 when attacking.
・New item "Ring of Mercy" has been added. When wearing this ring, you cannot reduce enemy HP below 1 when attacking.
・New armour "Multiclimate Undershirt" has been added. Protect yourself against both the heat and the cold with just one slot!
・New building "Electric Egg Incubator" has been added. This incubator consumes electricity to automatically adjust the temperature to the optimum temperature for each egg.
・New building "Ore Mining Site" has been added. This mining site allows you to produce ores from the comfort of your base!

**▼Pals**
・Kelpsea can now produce Pal Fluids at the ranch
・Dumud can now produce High-Quality Pal Oil at the ranch
・You can now reduce the weight of metal ore while riding Surfent Terra
・Increased the amount of ore dropped while riding Astegon
・You can now raise Pal's rank to the maximum with a single synthesis using the Pal Essence Condenser.
(Condensation progress is now accumulated in the individual Pal)
・Negative Pal status will now be resolved after spending some time in the Pal Box

**▼UI**
・While aiming a sphere, it will now display how many of the target Pal has already been captured
・You can now check the cooldowns on partner skills for all your Pals on the main screen
・Equipment and item stats are now visible on the technology screen, even if you have not unlocked them first
・The tutorial has been improved and renamed to "Journey"
・You can now show/hide the "Journey" in the game options
・Damage number display size can be changed in the game options.
(In Raid Boss battles, the damage numbers tend to overlap a lot and it may be difficult to see, so we recommend adjusting the size)

**▼Player**
・Items dropped by players after death on a dedicated server can now be picked up by anyone after 24 hours of real-time have passed
・Added a new "sleeping" player emote

**▼Base Related**
・You can now allow/disallow certain work for base Pals at the Monitoring Stand
・Chest filters have been added. Select item types to allow or disallow inside chests
・Crafted items are now transported from crafting facilities. Selecting "allow transport" when crafting will result in Pals transporting those items to chests when finished
・You can now edit your character's appearance at any time by using the "Antique Dresser"
・Building and building piece placement rules have been relaxed
⤷ You can now connect stairs facing upwards
⤷ Roof pieces can now directly connect to foundations
⤷ Triangular walls can now be connected to stairs

・You can now force a Pal to work and cancel their break by picking them up and throwing them towards a facility
(Pals recover their SAN while taking a break, so be careful!)
・Fixed assignments remain fixed, even after bad events occur. Previously, some assignments would change due to certain conditions, but now they will remain fixed unless the Pal is placed inside the Pal Box

**▼Balance Adjustment**
・Minimum heat and cold resistance have been added to various armour. You will no longer need to take off your heat-resistance armour when it is cold at night in the starting areas!
・Reduce the button press time in the egg incubator
・Change the pattern for Jormuntide Ignis to something more unique
・Added legendary blueprints for some firearms (Dropped from specific enemies)
・Corrected the selling price of diamonds
・In single-player, it is no longer possible to select the initial spawn point for multiplayer
・Blocked the back of the starting area with rocks to prevent players from getting lost or stuck
・The increased attack power multiplier of partner skills that increase the player's attack power while riding has been uniformly reduced from 2.0 to 1.2
・Eggs now have a small chance to produce Alpha Pals
・Flying and floating Pals are now immune to falling damage
・Shop price adjustments

**▼Bug Fixes**
・Fixed a bug where treasure chests would become empty when dying in a dungeon, etc
・Fixed an issue where the effect that increases the player's attack power while riding was duplicating and accumulating under certain conditions
・Fixed an issue where players were not receiving loot when capturing Pals while mounted
・Adjusted the HP of the Legendary Pal and fixed an issue where the difference in HP between the captured Legendary Pal and the bred Legendary Pal was too large
・Fixed an issue where Pal would eat while riding.
・Fixed an issue where spheres thrown close to wild pals would not hit and be lost

**▼Others**
・Improved various Pal models and textures
・Added and adjusted some sound effects
・Many other minor bug fixes

**▼Dedicated Server**
・Fixed an issue where sorting did not work in the server list
・Improved the server list to allow page transitions
・Dedicated servers now support various log outputs
・Implemented REST API
※ Please check the tech guide for details

**▼Cheat Prevention**
・Fixed a vulnerability that allowed Steam account spoofing
・Fixed 7 other critical vulnerabilities

===

**▼Soundtrack**
・One new song has been added to the soundtrack. If you have already purchased the soundtrack, please update and enjoy the new song!
※ Please note that the soundtrack may take a few days to update

===

We are planning a larger, more content-packed update for summer 2024.
Enjoy never-before-seen scenery and thrilling adventures on a new island, home to many new pals.
In addition, we plan to add a large amount of new content including new buildings, weapons, and tower bosses.

Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Some good stuff in there! I like the status effect healing and the mercy hit stuff and ranch stuff and worker control stuff.

Caliane

the crafted items being transported is one that stood out to me. full automation.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For players on a persistent multiplayer server, do pals work correctly after you log off, or do they still immediately spiral into starvation and depression?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
For players on a persistent multiplayer server, do pals work correctly after you log off, or do they still immediately spiral into starvation and depression?
They've improved significantly the automation while you're "not there", so this may impact the multiplayer aspect.

My main concern remains the breeding ranch, which is usually dropping pals to zero after a time - they don't go to the sleeping beds, they don't seem to go eat, they just fuck. That's nice when you wants lots of eggs for condenser, but, you know, it gets tiresome to put them regularly in the pal box to fix, then run after them to catch them and put them back into the breeding pit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They've improved significantly the automation while you're "not there", so this may impact the multiplayer aspect.

My main concern remains the breeding ranch, which is usually dropping pals to zero after a time - they don't go to the sleeping beds, they don't seem to go eat, they just fuck. That's nice when you wants lots of eggs for condenser, but, you know, it gets tiresome to put them regularly in the pal box to fix, then run after them to catch them and put them back into the breeding pit.

I solved this problem two months ago by putting a feed bag and two beds inside the breeding ranch. Does this no longer work?

• 1Like