Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The deadliest thing in the game is swimming :emoji_laughing:

Yeah i died a couple times gliding into water and no stamina and just die. its ridiculous. I am gonna make the grapple gun thing soon and see if that can save me from those times.

Last edited:

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I am able to use a fox as a flame thrower, I am having fun with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got up a second ago after a gnap, and I see this:

20240121011508_1.jpg

My balcony has caused me nothing but trouble. The tall ones always getting stuck or unable to get to food. Then he starts shitting items like crazy:
20240121011515_1.jpg

20240121011526_1.jpg

Just pooping out gold and stone and stuff. I have no idea haha.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is the dumbest game I think I have ever tried...yet I am having a great time with it lol!

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I got up a second ago after a gnap, and I see this:

View attachment 510370

My balcony has caused me nothing but trouble. The tall ones always getting stuck or unable to get to food. Then he starts shitting items like crazy:
View attachment 510371
View attachment 510372

Just pooping out gold and stone and stuff. I have no idea haha.
Yeah, the whole pet pathing/transporting thing is an issue. Because of it, you basically want zero structures in your base and to throw everything as far apart as possible, on the flattest terrain. Your "house" is basically just for beds and decorations. As you want all of your chests, stations, etc. outside, in open terrain. Very counterintuitive from most survival games.

If they can keep this rolling for a year though with good, consistent updates, this game could be fucking massive.

Caliane

It is shockingly fun. I had started a Tyranny playthrough after realizing I had that in my steam library, and didnt know... and its pretty fantastic. yet... 100% distracted by this game, and this is the one that I think about more when not playing.

Some cons to keep expectations in line.

its Early access. and its shows. This is much like Conan exiles at release. Which exploded in popularity.. but the game was not finished, and ultimately that had to hurt the long term of the game. the vast majority of that 3m, or conans 2m? don't periodically check back on the game every 6m to see it improve or see it when it finally releases properly a year or more later. Bannerlord, same deal too.

Base building atm is a bit rudimentary. all squares, no triangles. ok set of deco, but needs more. A bit more pokemon interact is needed as well. swimming, flying around. sitting on chairs, etc. like, theres just the hot tub, beds, and various crafting benches atm?

end game? right now. the fun is all about "gotta collect them all". where is the fun after you do?
there is pokemon upgrades, and breeding. so that should add some longevity.

combining those two might add a ton. the guide mentions biome specific varients of pokemon. if THEMEING your base would cause biome adaptation, or breeding that would be very interesting. I'm not sur how many bases you can make. at least 2.

2nd base tips.
pal box inventory is shared. no need to worry about transferring each over. pal box LEVEL is also shared. Pal WORKER is not. so, 11 pals in base 1? can have 11 more working in base 2.
you'll probably have noticed the large flat areas with 7-8 rings of iron in the more centralized locations. thats.. kindof obviously where you want a 2nd base.
Little reason to hesitate on these. go get a mining base up and running.
General storage is not shared between bases. you will need to haul that iron. that said of course, the pal box has instant fast travel from base to base.
mining pals will mine that loose ore. but not very quickly. its worth it just for the fast travel to the ore rings. they will respawn, so don't build over them. I don't think the anti-respawn is a large radius like in conan, I think its LITTERALLY right on top of them. I put torches really close to some rocks/ore, and they respawn just fine.

Capturing pokemon is the main source of exp. go ahead and capture dupes. its like 1-5exp on kill, 200-500exp on capture(until the 8 cap). not sure how much after the cap.
storage is pretty large don't worry about it too much. you can SELL extra pokemon for gold, butcher them for double resources, or merge them to star up pokemon later.

the merging. you take 1 pokemon of a type, then dissolve 8 others to boost the stats of pokemon 1. I've heard the amount increases with each star. i've only done it once so far with my shiney daedream.

pokebox storeage suggestion.
leave pages 1 and 2 empty. when you capture pals, they get sent to the pokebox starting from the first page..
q once, last page. use this page for your active party alternates.
q twice. neutral pals.
third page. neutral again. theres alot so they need 2 pages.
fourth page. dark.
fifth page. ice. (or dragon)
sixth fire,
seventh, grass
eight ground
nine elec.
ten water.

this leaves 3 pages spare. so, it allows new pokemon to go into empty tabs to be sorted. it allows quick access to your party alts. and then it has them sorted by elemental weakness. might help your remember.
which is, neutral is weak to dark. Dark is weak to dragon. dragon is weak to ice. ice is weak to fire. fire is strong to ice and grass, weak to water, grass is strong to ground, ground is strong to elec, elec is strong to water.

I personally didn't give dragon its own tab.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Once you unlock two bases, second base almost has to be a mining/ore/ingot farm as mid games limiting resources are leather and ingots. Now I’m swimming in ingots, leather just has to be farmed by killing deer unless I’m missing something

Caliane

lots of things can drop leather. not sure if there is a ranch option for it.

Ranch drops that I know of.

1. chikipi -eggs
2. lamall -wool.
3. melpaca -wool
4. cremis -wool
5. mozzarina - milk
6. woolipop - cotton candy. (+5 sanity food)
7. mau- gold coins
8. flamebell -fire organs
9. vixy- pal balls, basic arrows, meat. not sure what else.
10. caprity -red berries

various pals also drop things in differant rates. like depressos drop poison glands x3. the best choice for farming that, that i've found.

pal feeding. I think they eat from left to right. so put the best food in the far left.

Butchering doubles drops. might be useful for rare drops. get drops on capture, then drops again on butcher kill.

Another small sanity saver. remap throw palball to V or something. you can't do mouse 4 or 5 on gamepass, not sure if steam will allow it.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just got to where I can put a 2nd based. Seems based on some info here, I will be putting it near church that has about 10 or so ore spawns tightly packed. I think the daunting part is moving things from the starter base way up on the hill. Especially as I have probably 1k wood/stone sitting in boxes in those bases. Or do people just keep original and build everything again at a 2nd and keep the first going for wood/stone.

I think the first mod I would get for this game is something to just negate the weight limit. I despise weight limits, especially in a game like this where I get 30 ore and now move at a snails pace. So lots of travel back and forth to store it.

• 1Like

Caliane

I have my first base for crafting, etc. second base is iron, stone mining, and ranch.

you don't have to manually move everything. remember, the palbox is a fast travel point. you can teleport from base to base instantly. pal storage is outright shared. while, you will need to move the ore etc yourself. but again, that just means walking to the palbox and teleporting.

the grappling hook works even when overloaded.
theres a number of pals that increase carry weight while in party. the early game pink cat, and king lhama.

that church is probalby not bad...but the existing walls would be in your way, and thers already a fast travel point there.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, but iirc to fast travel you do via the pal box directly(would be amazing if you could do it via the map). So basically have to have the storage boxes in access distance to the box to be able to fast travel while overweight.

Like I said, its mainly if I wanted to move all the wood/stone. I can just keep it there. Don't really use all that much at this stage it seems, though stone use probably skyrockets when you get the stone structures.

And yeah its the kats. With a full party I was at about 800 weight allowance.

Good about the grappling hook. Though my issue is getting those stupid ancient civilization parts. I had no clue dungeons despawn? I found a couple early and went back later and they were gone. And the big bosses near me are level 25 or 35. I killed the level 15 I had available and got 1 part. And I need to build it and the incubator.

Caliane

yeah, dungeons are on timers. spawn and despawn. bosses have kill timers. to respawn.

stone becomes a premium when you can refine into paliadum.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Found a great spot on two terraces cliffed off with about 8 ore spawns within the zone. Up to 1200 ore! Time to get ingot farm going and move into handgun phase.

This is honestly the biggest surprise 3 day gaming launch I can recall - had never even heard of this until last week and now have almost 30 hours into it. So glad I bought the steam version and kissed the game pass version goodbye.

I'd definitely recommend the submachine gun skill for the little green guys and pump attack on them - turns them into aimable nukes and they shred pretty much everything. The monkey assault rifle skill is also good but not quite as good as the lifmuk (sp?) guys skill.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, we played the Gamepass version for a couple hours last night and then went and bought the Steam version. It's not like it's a completely different game, but it's just much more polished. They should be embarrassed with what they released on Gamepass.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started on the game pass. Got to about 15 and it was fun, so bought the steam for the $26 or w/e it was.

Still think its dumb its 2 versions behind. When its just patches that need to be done to update it. Some kind of squabble between the two or just laziness?