Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Also every dollar you ever spent on any game ever has gone to someones personal expenses because that's what wages are.

I guess you don't understand that wages are payment for doing a job. What a person does with that money after they've earned it is their business, but they are getting paid that money to perform a function. Wages aren't charity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Translation: Brad explains himself but I assume something else happened because I am a dumb bandwagoning little bitch like everyone on rerolled.

Pantheon-Rise-of-the-Fallen.jpg

That is Tony Garcia's (Vhalen) wife who replied.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've not kept up with this thread in the slighest since it always felt so far out. Have they released any new footage outside of that one Twitch stream they did a few months back?

No, and that game they streamed looked like utter shit.

This *might* release in the next 3-5 years.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I forgot that some of the devs did get back paid for basically doing no workbwhile being out of work and hoping the kick starter would fund big so they could then decide if it was worth doing some actual work.

Imagine getting back paid because you were unemployed and a buddy had a project you were willing to work on if funding came through before you found a better opportunity. It's like the lazy sacks were paid a retainer to sit around hoping they had a reason to actually start working.

Didn't Salim get a decent check? For having bills and no job. Fucking Brad the welfare man!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any of the guys here do $1000+ pledges? If so what are your thoughts so far? How are the VIP forums?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
But the game was his pet project so it was his personal money to get it off the ground. You are naive if you think any crowd funded projects are any different. Also every dollar you ever spent on any game ever has gone to someones personal expenses because that's what wages are. Did that girl leave you btw? You seem angrier and more retarded than ever. You little sad cunt.

Big fucking point #1: getting outside funding for a project is COMPLETELY different than using your own money
Big fucking point #2: if it's not your money, you have a fiduciary responsibility to use that money to fulfill your promises (to which you're contractually liable for, cuz like written words = enforceable contract)

Here's an example:

Let's say I come up with a project. And since it's my idea we'll call it a personal project.

Then, let's say, I go out and raise $75,000 from investors to make this personal project come to life.

I sign a contract and cash the check, making me the de facto CEO and now have a fiduciary responsibility to use that money to make the idea come to life. This is where it stops being a personal project, because now I'm legally obligated to perform per the contract. That's what happens when you get investors.

Contrary to your personal beliefs, crowd-sourced money is actual money.

If I tell investors the game is going to cost $75,000 to make, but pay myself $40,000, this leaves $35,000 to make the actual game. Ya know, critical shit like paying designers and developers.

If a CEO uses 50% of a project's resources to pay himself and then doesn't come through on his promises (to his investors, not to gamers), he's teetering on the edge of criminality. Depending on what the contract says, they could sue him and win.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Vhalen is a fucking hack, look at all these stupid ass words in the Pantheon lore.

Wipe it clean.

Athenaeum
Toromanger
Rok'Nhilthamos
Rhy'Vulrene
Dragon King Rok'Tsolfyensire
Sol'Kromane
Elvonnen
Wos Che
Drak’Elrin
Oldassan Citadel
Kaolyen
Khazas
Rel-Cirin
Su’Roa
Mount Hulthrr
Myr of Issul
Faerthale
Baaka’rrn
Haethus-Kevgrejl
Kinosai
Lost Sidryth
Madjen Kii
Ka’Kelhar
Mount Ka’Druhorr
Rhy’Kafiros
D’shoth
Tel-Nharssis

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
No, and that game they streamed looked like utter shit.

This *might* release in the next 3-5 years.

Of course it looks like utter shit it's basically pre-alpha I'm surprised it looked as good as it does. But yeah, I don't expect a release date anytime soon.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vhalen is a fucking hack, look at all these stupid ass words in the Pantheon lore.

Wipe it clean.

Athenaeum
Toromanger
Rok'Nhilthamos
Rhy'Vulrene
Sol'Kromane
Elvonnen
Wos Che
Drak’Elrin
Oldassan Citadel
Kaolyen
Khazas
Rel-Cirin
Su’Roa
Mount Hulthrr
Myr of Issul
Faerthale
Baaka’rrn
Haethus-Kevgrejl
Kinosai
Lost Sidryth
Madjen Kii
Ka’Kelhar
Mount Ka’Druhorr
Rhy’Kafiros
D’shoth
Tel-Nharssis

Almost as bad is taking a successful website and burying it within 6 months while dating a "woman" who looks like 10 year meth addict.

• 1Solidarity
I guess you don't understand that wages are payment for doing a job. What a person does with that money after they've earned it is their business, but they are getting paid that money to perform a function. Wages aren't charity.
But it wasn't a wage, retard.

That is Tony Garcia's (Vhalen) wife who replied.
Still doesn't convince me. He took about a years wage from it and gave 101,000 to others. That wifes husband shouldn't have put so much in and expected so much out if he had no official job, no employment contract etc. My guess is he did it because he wanted to and she is mad she doesn't get more shoe money.

Vhalen is a fucking hack, look at all these stupid ass words

That was really bad. Did he work on Luclin?

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Wipe it clean.

Athenaeum
Toromanger
Rok'Nhilthamos
Rhy'Vulrene
Sol'Kromane
Elvonnen
Wos Che
Drak’Elrin
Oldassan Citadel
Kaolyen
Khazas
Rel-Cirin
Su’Roa
Mount Hulthrr
Myr of Issul
Faerthale
Baaka’rrn
Haethus-Kevgrejl
Kinosai
Lost Sidryth
Madjen Kii
Ka’Kelhar
Mount Ka’Druhorr
Rhy’Kafiros
D’shoth
Tel-Nharssis
Well, athenaeum is a real word, but I'll give you the rest.

• 1Solidarity

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
vhalen of Lore 4 | Makers, Keepers, Builders of worlds is so bad.

Here is more crap pulled from Pantheon lore.

Rok’Tsuntyensire, the First Dragon King
Drak’Seun the language of the Reignborn
tavern of Ru’lun
Narian of Havensong, this is Rel-Cirin of Su’Roa, the isle of the Archai
Thronefastian officer named E’mani Karos
the Deicide War
home of Sorhiryth
their people: the Esqap, the Maidyn Clan and the Nothi
Grovegrass, a formidable labyrinth
the Moor'Vaki

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't hate the names that much but it seems like they keep adding apostrophes for the sake of it seeming exotic or regal, which is something I did a lot when making DND characters in 6th grade. Overdoing it is noticeable.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hey guys did anyone else get the pre-alpha e-mail for this game yet? Game is amazing I would go into details but you know NDA. Why oh why did I question brad now I see the error of my ways, it's gonna rock.

• 1Like