Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The lion headed race in vanguard was the rarest race by far , but had the most interesting starting area (some dimensional pocket with a portal to northern quailia

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Rat city where you can only get in there if you're a rat or shrunken would be awesome. If it connected to every major city sewer in the game, even better

Edit: and that's another damn thing. Sewers, docks and all kinds of ways through cities for evil races (or good races in evil cities) to have to work through for traveling. Bring shit like that back.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Rat city where you can only get in there if you're a rat or shrunken would be awesome. If it connected to every major city sewer in the game, even better

Edit: and that's another damn thing. Sewers, docks and all kinds of ways through cities for evil races (or good races in evil cities) to have to work through for traveling. Bring shit like that back.

Absolutely. I always wanted some sort of underdark. Huge cities completely underground, connected via old lave tubes, or tunnels. Deep below allthe surface dwellers, but in a few select areas like LGuk, you could enter. Old cities with many levels of old ruins and sewers could have entrances as well. I remember when AD&D Forgotten Realms was first released in the 80's, geeking out over Waterdeep, and the whole world underneath in the sewers.

EQ Qeynos Sewers are still one of my favorite areas, EQ2 the sewers under both Qeynos and Freeport were great.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh and on the actual subject, I did like Raki in Vanguard, they were pretty fun. They weren't really furry as much as anime though. Looked like gnome furries or some shit, cutesy race, just looked kinda awkward, like they didn't belong to a race of adventurer and stuff. You see korean games have these A LOT, like the loli/furry race combo. Sadly attracts a lot of weirdos, especially since the korean design is way more sexed up than the Rakis were.

In the end don't really care what race they have or not, even fuzzy trolls, I always find something nice, and worst case you can just make a vanilla human. If they don't have a furry class that's fine too, although furry classes tend to be fairly standard in high fantasy, even if only werewolves and shit.

kudos

<Banned>
Absolutely. I always wanted some sort of underdark. Huge cities completely underground, connected via old lave tubes, or tunnels. Deep below allthe surface dwellers, but in a few select areas like LGuk, you could enter. Old cities with many levels of old ruins and sewers could have entrances as well. I remember when AD&D Forgotten Realms was first released in the 80's, geeking out over Waterdeep, and the whole world underneath in the sewers.

EQ Qeynos Sewers are still one of my favorite areas, EQ2 the sewers under both Qeynos and Freeport were great.

The EQ Underfoot expansion had some zones that were pretty cool and a lot like what you're describing.

• 2Like

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
so I've had a casual interest in this thread for a while and I take it the shitposting is because there's little else to talk about? How far are they from dropping a product, months or years? I just want some fun PvE experience without large raid groups :/

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
so I've had a casual interest in this thread for a while and I take it the shitposting is because there's little else to talk about? How far are they from dropping a product, months or years? I just want some fun PvE experience without large raid groups :/
They want at least a year of testing. I'm not sure if that means all testing or beta testing specifically. Either way, I'd guess launch no earlier than Q4 2018. My personal guess would be 2019 though. Hard to predict because the rate of development in a project like this has and will continue to fluctuate based on funding. They recently secured "series A" funding and are hiring new people. That might speed up the pace.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Let's hear more about furries in pantheon

Furry Furry

A huge part of making a furry appealing to me in video games is changing the standard movement/body shape from something human. When you place an animal head on a human body, shit looks tarded. Guild wars 2 charr are a fucking amazing example of this done right. There's a reason there's thousands of pictures of charrs fucking on the internet, and almost none of vah shir.

In everquest I thought iksar were okay. I had an erudite and barbarian character. I eventually played an iksar guy quite a bit, but more because I liked the AC bonus as warrior, and the thin hitbox made you fit into corners. I never played a Vah Shir character, and never was interested in it.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was pretty immature. About half were for vulgarity in chat and the other half were for training or exploits. One time I spelled out cunt in dead bodies in East Commons. I was one of those people with a video card that allowed them to clip through the wall in Velk's to get to Velketor himself (apparently not everyone could do this) and I would train him to the zone in. That was the highlight.
I mained a Vah as well. BST.

I was also banned a number of times. Once they ported me inside a room full of kitten walls and then deactivated my account for a week.

It was mostly training and MQ bullshit. Pulling the alligator to the entrance of PoE, pulling all the giants in BoT when they couldn't take the portals so they'd run around the zone, training Tallon Zek on a Vallon Zek raid, etc.

I was like 13 at the release of PoP so... yeah, I was a devious little asshole. Also proceeded to delete hundreds of DKP on Nightraid's website when someone fucked up and gave me admin access.

Thank you both for completely validating my statements about vah shir. I rest my case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also played a high elf mage and did the same shit on him. There was a level 20-30 tournament going in Freeport arena, winner got something like 5k plat. Cute little event. I went in and AE'd everyone to death and then proceeded to kill any high levels who tried to protect them. Eventually GM came and banned me for a week.

So I don't think Vah Shir mattered. More... I was a dickhead. The only reason I wasn't an Ogre, Troll, or Iksar was the exp penalty and my friends told me not to do it. Plus Luclin exp (Paludal Caverns) was pretty insane.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I also played a high elf mage and did the same shit on him. There was a level 20-30 tournament going in Freeport arena, winner got something like 5k plat. Cute little event. I went in and AE'd everyone to death and then proceeded to kill any high levels who tried to protect them. Eventually GM came and banned me for a week.

So I don't think Vah Shir mattered. More... I was a dickhead. The only reason I wasn't an Ogre, Troll, or Iksar was the exp penalty and my friends told me not to do it. Plus Luclin exp (Paludal Caverns) was pretty insane.

Before luclin it was hard to spot dickheads. High elf mage? Could be fine, could be dumb, could be douchey... who knows. Vah shir? Guaranteed shit.

It wasn't that ONLY vah shir were trash, rather, that it made lots of the trash visible now that they congregated towards that race and therefore more avoidable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Thank you both for completely validating my statements about vah shir. I rest my case.

Except my Vah Shir was the one I kept for years and actually raided with. So, it was the race that turned my delinquent EQ life around!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also played a high elf mage and did the same shit on him.... So I don't think Vah Shir mattered. More... I was a dickhead.
Vah Shir is like catnip for dickheads and incompetent players. That is the point.

No self respecting player except for your special subset of morons ever considered rolling a Vah Shit to begin with.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My BST was still the best geared on the server, so I'd like to think I was a good player even if I was a little shithead 13 year old on a power trip, which is why I was allowed to run a muck with no consequences.