Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Say what you want about Boogie, buthe has alot of followers and subs because of his crazy antics and people wanting to see a fat guy fake flip out.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I guess? If that's our hope, were fucked.
I'm not following. Why are we fucked based off the video you posted?

Besides, I don't think anyone is realistically expecting Boogie to single-handedly promote this game and "turn it around."

His support would certainly be a big boost, though.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
haha, boogie has a skinny ass wife it seems. i dont know about that dudes personal live, but that dez chick says, she's boogies wife. haha

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I'm not following?
rrr_img_57788.png

Its not a difficult concept.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_57788.png

Its not a difficult concept.
No, Merlin, I don't think you're following.

People are saying it will be a big boost IF Boogie does a video with Brad or one in which he talks about the game. No one is expecting a massive boost based off a couple of casual tweets.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Q&A 5

I really love the "have shit item no one wants anymore? throw it away at a temple"

Not digging the gear swap thing. Need info on how our inventory will work if that feature is to actually work.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The boost today was from the comic, not from the back and forth between boogie & Brad.

If Brad does get an interview with Boogie, i think it's important to consider Boogie's audience - the 'new' MMOer. I'm betting a very large percentage of his viewers never experienced an MMO with the social nuances and mechanics of early EQ. I think it'd be a perfect opportunity, not to promote Pantheon (that'd be secondary, of course) but to explain why it is we all loved EQ so much. What made it different, special, satisfying, and addicting.

I think it'd be a big mistake to do an interview that just tried to squeeze people for kickstarter money based on Boogie's rep. The two of them should just have an honest conversation about what made them love early MMORPGs to an audience that has no experience with them.

The rest will take care of itself.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I think it'd be a big mistake to do an interview that just tried to squeeze people for kickstarter money based on Boogie's rep. The two of them should just have an honest conversation about what made them love early MMORPGs to an audience that has no experience with them.
Completely agree with this. Trying to play off nostalgia will only carry them so far, and honestly that well looks like it is running a bit dry. They need to stop trying to appeal to people who enjoyed EQ, and start appealing to people who could of enjoyed something like EQ. Which isn't a easy task, but a necessary one if they want to see that 800k+ mark.

The game is trending only towards 85% completion now. What started as 1.2 million has fallen to 680k. They are fools if they don't start trying to broaden their appeal a bit more.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Completely agree with this. Trying to play off nostalgia will only carry them so far, and honestly that well looks like it is running a bit dry. They need to stop trying to appeal to people who enjoyed EQ, and start appealing to people who could of enjoyed something like EQ. Which isn't a easy task, but a necessary one if they want to see that 800k+ mark.

The game is trending only towards 85% completion now. What started as 1.2 million has fallen to 680k. They are fools if they don't start trying to broaden their appeal a bit more.
Just talk about the Pantheon "Talent Tree" specs - bring out the Vanilla WoW fanboys. -_-