Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So Vaseline blames us for Brad being incompetent and everyone else has realized this game just doesn't have the funding or leadership to actually get made. Good times! So, I'm wondering if SOE actually succeeds at making EQL a hub of player based creativity, who is going to build the next EQ? The old school one for everyone? Is that the next chance to see this kind of game get made? Are there any other options?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think this has proven that indeed, there is no more market for a classic EQ clone. I'm pretty sure the last groups of people who give a shit about that era of MMORPGs are located here at rerolled and on P99. It's probably about 10,000 people, and not nearly enough to sustain a studio-backed project. So yes, Brad was our only hope for an EQ throwback game to get made. Unfortunately, he dropped the ball and then farted on it.

Now, is there a market for a difficult MMORPG with a high degree of social interaction whose systems are more attractive to the post 2005 MMOgamer? That's a different question entirely, and i think the answer is 'yes'.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Now, is there a market for a difficult MMORPG with a high degree of social interaction whose systems are more attractive to the post 2005 MMOgamer? That's a different question entirely, and i think the answer is 'yes'.
I agree. I think EQN will be pretty damn good as well
wink.png

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hot news straight from the VRI Website:

"Today the team of Visionary Realms, Inc. are meeting together once again in an important production planning meeting. Although we meet and discuss items regularly through telecommunications prior to our acquisition of office space, today's meeting will be held face-to-face with all team members to further discuss our current situation and further strategize plans moving forward. All team members will be tasked with their specific projects to advance Pantheon along its development phase.

We've received a lot of great suggestions and feedback from the community since the launch of this development portal and we want to begin working on some of those ideas. Other items have already begun development and we will be working on their final schedules.

We'll have lots of updates for you from the meeting and will post the key points from the meeting for you throughout the week.
Thanks again for your support in making this phase of development happen. Lots of very exciting things coming up! More coming from us soon!"

Gecko_sl

shitlord
See Rust and DayZ. The answer is indeed yes.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So who is going to be our resident mole? We need an inside sucker...err agent, who can pass along the latest developer happenings in the secret forum. Without it, this thread is just going to be nothing but sarcastic hatorade and the occasional Vaseline drive-by.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Rust and DayZ are neither MMORPG's or sub based games.
I loved playing DayZ so much. There has to be a way to breed the "leveling", gearing up system, and permadeth style of DayZ with a fantasy RPG setting.

THERE HAS TO BE!

Fingz_sl

shitlord
Dark Soul comes to mind but it's not an MMO. It also has encounters that are "fixed" against you like something that lunges out of a hole in the wall and knocks you off a cliff. Encounters that you can't defend yourself against, you die and know to jump over the hole next time around. It isn't what I call a fair game.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So who is going to be our resident mole? We need an inside sucker...err agent, who can pass along the latest developer happenings in the secret forum. Without it, this thread is just going to be nothing but sarcastic hatorade and the occasional Vaseline drive-by.
I'll do it for a gold forum name

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I loved playing DayZ so much. There has to be a way to breed the "leveling", gearing up system, and permadeth style of DayZ with a fantasy RPG setting.

THERE HAS TO BE!
Replace guns with swords, and zombies with gnolls...

Done.