Parent Thread

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, your boy sounds like he's got the shit figured out already.

He's smarter than you think. He don't. give. a. fuuuuuck.

He has detached. That's a good thing. He'll socialize. I mean he is just 2.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Ok no more ranting and raving. The union rep went to bat for my wife today and unofficial word is that she has her 15 days and they will officially meet again on Monday. HUUUUUUUUUGE load off our shoulders. phew.
They acknowledged they fucked up and didn't meet with all committee members so the meeting Monday will count as the first meeting and not the 3rd which is what it really is. And because of this they were able to clarify the policy so that this does not happen to anyone else going forward. Win win for everyone.
Glad to hear it! Also glad to hear the union (or at the very least the union rep) got on board. Now enjoy all the other stresses that come with being a new parent!

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's good news Tred. My wife's district has a sick bank but it works totally different. They are required to donate 2 days to it, their first year in the district. Then they can draw from it at any time with a set number of days based on years in the district and then they have to pay it back over two years from their yearly sick days but at a reduced number. My wife took 27 days with her maternity leave and only has to pay back 12 over the next two years. The only problem is that she can't draw from it until she pays it back.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So 3 just turned into 4. It's so fucked, there's way too many risks with quadruplets and I honestly can't even begin to fathom how we would raise 4 infants

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
4 seperate sacs and heartbeats all in the 160 range. Once we are further along we will do what screening for defects/abnormalities we can and then discuss whether we should do a reduction. I'm not against abortion morally (and this isn't even classified as that), but if there is nothing wrong with any of them I don't know how we could just choose one and stop its heart. There's nothing to really be done at this point, so I'm trying not to freak the fuck out and it's not really working. Just realized I've been sitting at my desk at work for over an hour and haven't done anything

who knows at this point, maybe next week they will see 5

Izo

Tranny Chaser
4 seperate sacs and heartbeats all in the 160 range. Once we are further along we will do what screening for defects/abnormalities we can and then discuss whether we should do a reduction. I'm not against abortion morally (and this isn't even classified as that), but if there is nothing wrong with any of them I don't know how we could just choose one and stop its heart. There's nothing to really be done at this point, so I'm trying not to freak the fuck out and it's not really working. Just realized I've been sitting at my desk at work for over an hour and haven't done anything

who knows at this point, maybe next week they will see 5
IVF?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We haven't told anyone yet that we are even expecting at all but my wife's sister, so I'm trying to get it all out to random bros on the internet

Izo

Tranny Chaser
We haven't told anyone yet that we are even expecting at all but my wife's sister, so I'm trying to get it all out to random bros on the internet
It's cool. We just lost our single fetus in week 13. High five, random internet bro.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That sucks man, sorry
I try to stay positive, thanks man. Quadruplets, huh? That's amazing. Congratulations
smile.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So last night we take the kiddo to Chick-Fil-A to play in their little playground and burn off some steam.

Just turned 2, he climbs way up into the tube/slide contraption to where we can't see him, and then starts whining/crying like he's stuck. Won't come down the slide, and we can't even see where he's at. I'm really not wanting to climb up in this thing made for toddlers, because I'll probably end up stuck like Winnie the Poo in that damn hole, so we eventually enlist this 4-5 year old girl to go up and get him and help him down.

A couple minutes later, they both come sliding down the slide together holding hands, and he has a big ****-eating grin on his face, and proceeds to follow her around and play with her the rest of the time we are there.

I think he had that planned out ahead of time, little bastard.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I try to stay positive, thanks man. Quadruplets, huh? That's amazing. Congratulations
smile.png
Yeah, last week at the ultrasound they saw three. I just got to the point where I wasn't shitting myself and then today the nurse found 4. I'm just really worried now, 3 nearly guaranteed a complicate pregnancy and 4 only makes it worse.

I hope you and your wife are doing OK. I haven't had to go through that, but I'm sure it's terrible. Did you just find out?