Parent Thread

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Grats Noodleface Noodleface ! One quick note that my wife always mentioned regarding speech (she taught Early childhood special ed for 4 years and now nearly has her PhD) is that for some reason boys are developmentally a bit slower. Now obviously my wife hasn't met with your son and all but its not something that your wife should be super stressed about etc. I am sure the intervention team team mentioned this to you, but if you have any questions that have yet to be answered, I can surely pass them on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Grats , now it gets easier AND tougher! Also time to eat well and eat wisely.

Ahhh, so many memories so much stress but =p..... just think..... in 20 years what two (or more!) mini-noodles will look like all grown up, telling them to smarten up in school, and reminiscing about the beginning of your career as an engineer, when you were still young !! Ohhhhh just wait until you hear the comments about your yearbooks and how good/bad you look in 20 years compared to your Highschool and University photos.... Kids are brutal and take no prisoners in their honesty =p It is wonderful fun though.

I love talking to the kids about when they were younger.... especially about when the eldest ones were born . Always blows the mind of my youngest daughter, trying to wrap her mind about a time before she was around .... just.... does.... not.... compute yet.... lol

"But where was I then?" ..... " Why you were not even a twinkle in mommys and daddys eye yet!" lol

Grats again, and best of luck to the mom and the soon to be lil one =).

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Grats , now it gets easier AND tougher! Also time to eat well and eat wisely.

Ahhh, so many memories so much stress but =p..... just think..... in 20 years what two (or more!) mini-noodles will look like all grown up, telling them to smarten up in school, and reminiscing about the beginning of your career as an engineer, when you were still young !! Ohhhhh just wait until you hear the comments about your yearbooks and how good/bad you look in 20 years compared to your Highschool and University photos.... Kids are brutal and take no prisoners in their honesty =p It is wonderful fun though.

I love talking to the kids about when they were younger.... especially about when the eldest ones were born . Always blows the mind of my youngest daughter, trying to wrap her mind about a time before she was around .... just.... does.... not.... compute yet.... lol

"But where was I then?" ..... " Why you were not even a twinkle in mommys and daddys eye yet!" lol

Grats again, and best of luck to the mom and the soon to be lil one =).

Yea, don't have a 3rd one 8 years after your 2nd one that fucks up your "when will we be done with kids" plan... have them all close together. Haha.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not a trump supporter but I'm OK with him now.

We are trying to have the 3 kids close together. Unfortunately she had the miscarriage over the summer

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
3 is a challenge, to me. 2 was easy, relatively. 3 is hardmode. But you get used to it. Conga-rats.

A few weeks ago my youngest was diagnosed with autism. Doesn't really change anything, and apparently it's pretty mild, but now it's official. No idea what this means for her future. Academically she is on par with where she should be (she's 4) and socially I think she does pretty well. We have been trying to get the county to give us a firm answer on what her future will be, but they want to do their own evaluation before giving her an IEP and stuff, which I guess is where that will be determined.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
3 is a challenge, to me. 2 was easy, relatively. 3 is hardmode. But you get used to it. Conga-rats.

A few weeks ago my youngest was diagnosed with autism. Doesn't really change anything, and apparently it's pretty mild, but now it's official. No idea what this means for her future. Academically she is on par with where she should be (she's 4) and socially I think she does pretty well. We have been trying to get the county to give us a firm answer on what her future will be, but they want to do their own evaluation before giving her an IEP and stuff, which I guess is where that will be determined.

Was this the same one that was on meds before or is that the other one? Didn't you have one with ADD or bipolar?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah my middle girl was diagnosed with ADHD. She's actually doing terrific. This is my youngest.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I told my wife it would be great to show up at Christmas with our son in a shirt that said something about being a big brother and seeing how long before people noticed.

Said she didn't want all that attention. Fun police.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Fuck. My 3.5 year old daughter is already acting like a middle-aged white woman.

"Dad can we go to Starbucks to get hot chocolate in the cool red cup? They're so pretty"

Excited about Starbucks holiday cups.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my middle girl was diagnosed with ADHD. She's actually doing terrific. This is my youngest.

Glad she's doing great man. Those things can be scary. Kiddos deserve a chance. Much respect that you guys are coming through it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Glad she's doing great man. Those things can be scary. Kiddos deserve a chance. Much respect that you guys are coming through it.
It was really scary for a while. It's been about a year now and she's at a new school, night and fucking day difference. She loves going to school, loves her teachers, she does well in school. When we go there with her, everyone in the halls knows her and is friendly, not just fake friendly either. When we had to redo her IEP they were briefly talking about moving her back to the other school where she had her major issues. Luckily the wife was there to turn on the waterworks and they have told us now she can stay there no matter what until middle school.

It's really fucking cool when the school cares and wants to help.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife scheduled the intervention people to come tomorrow at 8am

Does anyone want to purchase a family? Wife comes preloaded with an extra child

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
No, thank you. I am about to welcome my nephew and his family to live with me while they are selling their house. His wife is preggers and they have three littles, ages 6, 4 and 2....or 7, 5 and 2...I can't remember...anywho - my life is going to get very interesting in the next month.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
No, thank you. I am about to welcome my nephew and his family to live with me while they are selling their house. His wife is preggers and they have three littles, ages 6, 4 and 2....or 7, 5 and 2...I can't remember...anywho - my life is going to get very interesting in the next month.
I hope someone buys their house asap for the sake of your sanity

• 1Solidarity