Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Speak for yourself man. We had the kid that would only sleep if we held him. For like an hour tops too. First month was hell.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Speak for yourself man. We had the kid that would only sleep if we held him. For like an hour tops too. First month was hell.
Loved holding my daughter during the day while she napped! Also she didn't talk back and "listened". Currently she is a defiant little energetic 3.5 yr old. Much more tiring.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah my kid now is a terror. I enjoyed him much more when he wasn't mobile and breaking shit

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
First few months definitely depend on the kid. I'm hoping she takes after me a little more in that respect, I was apparently a pretty easy baby. All the women on my wife's side tend not to sleep or have strong as fuck personalities. Or both.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My son is 15 and I had to tell the wife to start ensuring that her nipples don't show through her shirt. I love her to death but she wants to be next to naked ALL the time. Not even a sexual thing. I know what being a 15 year old boy is and we just can't have it.

My 15 year old daughter has gotten that gene also :( she is always complaining that she can't walk around without a shirt on but he can. I tell everyone we need to shirt up.

My wife is the same exact way. She'll wear old thin worn shirts for night shirts and between the translucency and the fact that she has pretty huge nips she's gonna have to wear some thicker shirts down the road. But for the time being I'm A-OK with it!

And on the sleeping front oh my god bed time is so much easier now. No more fussing at all going to bed. Change him up, sing wheels on the bus, and then straight into bed. Snuggles up with his Chicky Baby (plush Chica from Five Nights at Freddie's...he picked it out lol) and while he may not go right to sleep he'll lay there and slowly doze off. Stress leveling has plummeted. PHEW!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We've had a few restless nights with I think his last two molars coming in.

I was home with 5 days off work and the dude basically never left my side. If I leave the house, even to take out the trash, he'll cry for 10 minutes straight. Obviously it makes my wife feel like shit. Not really sure what we can do if anything about it. I'm even home a lot more now since work is down the street.

The worst is when my wife goes to comfort him and he pushes her face and reaches for me.

When the speech therapist first met she asked if he had an unhealthy attachment to either of us and I'm wondering it that's one of the warning signs for being on the spectrum.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Parenting thread.... here's my tiny 10 year old gunning someone out from center field.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As most are fellow gamers, I think a lot of us can relate to this.

Both kids are asleep for naps. Pregnant wife is asleep. I just sat down at the computer and loaded up some WoW - with a Rockstar next to me to be sipping on (for some maybe a stiff drink is more appropriate?).

Loaded up Spotify and that first jam that plays just hit the spot so well... I let out a huge happy sigh and started dancing in my chair. Sometimes the little moments us Parents get to relax are so bad ass!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Got a bunch of packages delivered today from Black Friday, kids only wanted to play with the cardboard boxes and packing paper.

All made the switch from formula to milk in the last couple of weeks without issue. I was expecting issues for some reason, but apparently they will just eat whatever we give them.

IMG_6164.JPG

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Got a bunch of packages delivered today from Black Friday, kids only wanted to play with the cardboard boxes and packing paper.

All made the switch from formula to milk in the last couple of weeks without issue. I was expecting issues for some reason, but apparently they will just eat whatever we give them.

View attachment 100418
Great picture of pure happiness! =)
Thanks for sharing, cheers up work nicely!

Hehe, that is cool how the boxes and paper blow their little minds.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This was my son. He wouldn't sleep unless we rocked him or had him in one of those auto-swings. I worked nights and both of us had jobs so I was a zombie that first year because of it. Daughter was complete opposite. Used her crib from almost the moment we brought her home, no problems.

Kids are great, but I'm sure glad we stopped at two.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So check this out. If you work at a day care, you find this, you report it to management, how long do you think you would give them to fix it before reporting to county/state authorities?

15205593_10208359321409266_1317544681_o.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
A couple of days, to fix that one spot. And to go around looking underneath all the cubbies for more mold patches. Honestly, a real carpet cleaning is going to have to be done outside business hours. That means either a weekend day or an overnight with 2 guys.

It obviously needs to be right up there on the top of the priority list as #1AAA, but if you just SHUT_IT_DOWN that causes a disruption which is probably uneccesary.

And i'd put the damn cubby back on top of it.

And I'd make a note to whoever is responsible for janitorial to move the cubbies every week and vaccum under them, from now on. And if I didn't have janitorial, and was placing that duty entirely on the child-watcher-ladies, I'd very seriously look for room in the budget to get a professional maid to come through the place once a week.

That right there is the sort of thing that can KILL your business. I'm not sure how responsive state health inspectors are. I don't know their lag time between being called and actually showing up. I figgure it's probably like two dudes that work for the entire county.

There's different ways to handle it if management is dragging their heels or obstinant. My guess is that talking to the customers is more immediately effective. Also it will get her more immediately fired once the owners find out. An anon call to the health department is a safer whistle to blow.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Uh with something like that I would report it right away. Isn't up to you to give them a deadline to fix it. Let authorities deal with that.

You don't fuck around with mold. Especially with kids.