Parent Thread

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
wut2.PNG
I have no words...My 10 year old daughter everyone, made aware via her teacher. Inspired by a true story you can find in the recent Bicycling thread under general. Short version chased a kid that stole my daughters brand new bike out of my garage.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I'm now in the 'my kid won't shut up ' phase. I expect that lasts until teenage years.

He's picking up on every word so I'm careful now. He learned "shit" from someone on Easter and we have to not acknowledge it. Also picked up "cucka" from God knows who and I find it hilarious but my wife doesn't.

He's started to finally indicate he's shit his pants, usually by pointing and saying poopoo but it's so unreliable and he lies about it a lot. I'm not looking forward to potty training but also I am.

Are you potty training or going straight to the toilet? (with a training seat and steps for pissing), I've read a number of studies that suggest it just confuses kids going to the potty then having to relearn the toilet at a later stage Anyone else gone straight to toilet and bypassed the potty?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, the potty thing didn't work for my middle or youngest girls. Not really, anyway. Occasionally my middle girl would pee in it, but that was it. The toilet was the winner. We had special toilet seats with built in toddler seats, that plus a stepstool so they had something to put their feet on.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My kid is really short and the toilet downstairs is too big even for my wife. We'll see soon enough.

Also not sure when kids typically learn this stuff, but my son knows 0 through 9 and all letters (upper and lower). He says the name of every letter barring a few where he just says the sound. Can't tell if baby genius or what. We aren't even pushing the letters, it's self motivated. He also sees letters in daily objects (this branch looks like a Y dad). He's like a savant but instead of math it's for letters.

I wrote letters a lot there, but I hear about them from the moment he wakes until sleep.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
...My son was adopted through the foster care system. His bio Mom had a kid after the case was closed with her first 3 (fuck this story) and now that one is in foster care. CPS has contacted us to see if we'd be interesting in adopting this 7 year old. The homestudy has been done and we are likely meeting him for this first time this weekend.

I have unending rage for the cunt of a bio Mom, but am also grateful she has given me the joy and excitement of potentially having another kid without having to deal with pregnancy hormones from my wife.

I'd still slit that bitch's throat given the chance for what she put these kid's through, though.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Are you potty training or going straight to the toilet? (with a training seat and steps for pissing), I've read a number of studies that suggest it just confuses kids going to the potty then having to relearn the toilet at a later stage Anyone else gone straight to toilet and bypassed the potty?

ehh, we had a little kid potty that was shaped and whatnot like a real one and it was in the bathroom - it was just a size thing, also the little potty seat could be taken off and used on the big one so it was for transition - generally they just wanted to sit on the real thing rather than their little potty. Both girls trained fairly early.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Good on ya mate - my mother worked in child protective services, first removing children from bad situations and later placing them as fosters and checking on them. The things I saw and heard (I was late teens at the time) made me realize just how fucking lucky I was and am.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
He's learning from the master.
My son has farted on my goddamn cheek. I got him back though. Walking out of the living room and he followed me. I stopped at the door and ripped a fucking gigantic blow his hair back fart in his face and then point and laugh at him. Then I went and got him some raspberries.
He thought it was hilarious so maybe it wasn't really mission accomplished. Felt good to get that gas out though. phew

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
...My son was adopted through the foster care system. His bio Mom had a kid after the case was closed with her first 3 (fuck this story) and now that one is in foster care. CPS has contacted us to see if we'd be interesting in adopting this 7 year old. The homestudy has been done and we are likely meeting him for this first time this weekend.

I have unending rage for the cunt of a bio Mom, but am also grateful she has given me the joy and excitement of potentially having another kid without having to deal with pregnancy hormones from my wife.

I'd still slit that bitch's throat given the chance for what she put these kid's through, though.

My youngest brother is adopted. My mother agreed to adopt him from the mother before he was even born. She was a social worker for a while and the lady was someone she had worked with and got to know. Fucking cunt did drugs while pregnant with him and he was born a crack baby. All sorts of problems. He basically had googly eyes and had a couple surgeries to fix those up, required tons of physical therapy, and the withdrawals he had to go through...to this day I have rarely felt rage as intense as the rage I feel when I think of that.
Today he's 22 and drives 18-wheelers for a living. Literally his dream job. He ALWAYS wanted to be a truck driver growing. He's still a bit naive socially but he has come a monumentally long way. Super proud of him and couldn't be happier for him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's a good turnout at least

My stepbrothers (2 of them) were messed up because their mother drank and did crack while she was pregnant. It's weird because she had 2 kids, then married my stepdad, then they had 3 kids, then they got divorced, now he's married to my mom. Anyways, the two kids are really messed up. One is slow but almost normal, but is always in jail. The other is borderline mentally retarded, he's a 13 year old in a 34 year old's body.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
My kid is really short and the toilet downstairs is too big even for my wife. We'll see soon enough.

Also not sure when kids typically learn this stuff, but my son knows 0 through 9 and all letters (upper and lower). He says the name of every letter barring a few where he just says the sound. Can't tell if baby genius or what. We aren't even pushing the letters, it's self motivated. He also sees letters in daily objects (this branch looks like a Y dad). He's like a savant but instead of math it's for letters.

I wrote letters a lot there, but I hear about them from the moment he wakes until sleep.
congrats noodle!!