Parent Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Guys it has backfired. Shit!!!

Some lady came up to say hello to my son and he kept pointing going "boobie boobie boobie"

That's a bloody success! Take pride.

Did she have nice boobies?

My oldest son once smacked the table at a friends house and yelled, "More beer, Papa!" like it was an every day event.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That's awesome.

It reminds me of when the "Too Many Cooks" thing came out and my youngest boy kept saying it all the time. We laughed and whatever.

Well fast forward a week and a large woman at the grocery store bent over and he pointed and loudly yelled "too many butts!!"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's a bloody success! Take pride.

Did she have nice boobies?

My oldest son once smacked the table at a friends house and yelled, "More beer, Papa!" like it was an every day event.
It was one of the milfs on my street that I shouldn't be looking at but if she asked me to fix something in her house id drop everything

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
2 months old this past Monday, had her check up + shots. Was kinda pissed the rest of the day but nothing ridiculous.

Also, apparently she's going to be an Amazon; 24.5" long, if there was over 99th percentile she would be it. 12lbs 4oz, doesn't comfortably fit into any of her 0-3 months clothes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Sounds like she is thriving.

Mine was small when he arrived, 6lb11 (9th percentile), he was breach and wrapped round his cord three times (not that the cord caused any problems as he was c-section due to breach). He seems determined to catch up though as he eats constantly (breastfed so not many shitty nappies, yay!) and 10 weeks later hes over 11lb (50th percentile) and 24" long (75th percentile). Glad baby clothes are so cheap, we had to buy newborn shit when he arrived, they lasted 2 weeks, hes outgrown his >3months stuff and is now in his 3-6, it's crazy. A friend knitted him a jumper, it was a bit big but we put him in it anyway, had 1 wash and re-wear and its now too small (and no it didn't shrink in the wash :p ).

Great thing is he always wakes up just before my alarm and then sits with me for 10 minutes laughing his head off, fantastic start to the day :)

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good to hear they're doing well.

My kid's speech has exploded. It's at the point now where you say something and he'll just say it (or try). There are some sounds he can't make yet, but he tries. It's funny when I leave in the morning and I hear "work. ba-ba (bye-bye)" to me. He's obsessed with the alphabet, can say half the letters and the other half he makes the sound - at his playgroup they call him baby genius. I must've been so slly being worried..

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Good to hear they're doing well.

My kid's speech has exploded. It's at the point now where you say something and he'll just say it (or try). There are some sounds he can't make yet, but he tries. It's funny when I leave in the morning and I hear "work. ba-ba (bye-bye)" to me. He's obsessed with the alphabet, can say half the letters and the other half he makes the sound - at his playgroup they call him baby genius. I must've been so slly being worried..

It's one of those things bro, if you aren't worried, there's something wrong with you. But if you over-worry, you're overdoing it. So, it's good to be worried. Don't feel bad for it. Concern for your kiddos is an important thing. Just don't turn into a helicopter parent obsessing that he's a serial killer because he writes crooked or something.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's one of those things bro, if you aren't worried, there's something wrong with you. But if you over-worry, you're overdoing it. So, it's good to be worried. Don't feel bad for it. Concern for your kiddos is an important thing. Just don't turn into a helicopter parent obsessing that he's a serial killer because he writes crooked or something.
Yeah, Cad's right. No matter how confident I am in my kid(s) there is always a little bit of worry. That's parenting.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone else here have the issue where Mom can soothe the new baby near instantly, but if they are with Dad, they cry non stop? This is like the infant version of playing favorites or something.

I've been gone a lot for the new job, so my time with my 7 week old has been limited, but after being gone 2 weeks, I take the kids all day Saturday to give the wife the day with her friend. Balls that was rough. Would swaddle, change diaper, feed, bounce, rock, etc trying to get her to calm down, and the best I could do was maybe 20 minutes, and something would wake her up and she was back at it just screaming.

Wife comes home, and it's like no issue what so ever. Wtf! Fairly infuriating.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else here have the issue where Mom can soothe the new baby near instantly, but if they are with Dad, they cry non stop? This is like the infant version of playing favorites or something.

I've been gone a lot for the new job, so my time with my 7 week old has been limited, but after being gone 2 weeks, I take the kids all day Saturday to give the wife the day with her friend. Balls that was rough. Would swaddle, change diaper, feed, bounce, rock, etc trying to get her to calm down, and the best I could do was maybe 20 minutes, and something would wake her up and she was back at it just screaming.

Haven't had that issue. But our daughter has crazy gas, uncomfortable enough to wake her up. Doesn't seem to be the formula as brand/type doesn't change anything, dr thinks she might be getting a good bit of air whem she eats.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
My kid was ripping huge farts when he was a newborn. We used gripe water to help but what really helped us was when we switched from a formula based on high fructose corn syrup to an organic one made from brown rice syrup. Gas went way down after that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The gas went away for us when he moved to formula from breast milk coincidentaly. it was a rough couple of months..

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The gas went away for us when he moved to formula from breast milk coincidentaly. it was a rough couple of months..
We faced the same choice, but it turned out that if mom cut out dairy, then baby had much less gas. My wife was pissed but it helped.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Crone Crone you don't smell, sound or feel like momma...that 7 week old sweetie is accustomed to momma for comfort and is associating...perhaps you can use a shirt worn by momma Crone on you in some fashion to help with part of it??
Good luck to you!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Kids get used to a particular person, and they'll get used to you too it just takes a bit. Especially if you've been away after a while it'll be tough coming back. But they'll come around.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Kids will go through phases. Even different phases daily. Sometimes they want Mom to fix it, sometimes they want Dad to fix it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Like with my youngest - 4 year old boy, he won't let me kiss him good night. And I can't kiss a paper cut and make it better. Just impossible. However, when he crashes his bike, a Dad kiss can fix that. Can't argue with kid logic.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks guys. This is my 3rd baby, and not the first time I've had to spend time away. Circumstances with my 2nd required me to be away for the first 6 months, and she came around eventually as you guys say.

But dang if not in the moment is it not hard to be all like why do you hate me?! Lol