Parent Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well... had about a week to process this. Wife (39) and I (41) have two kids, 6 and almost 4. Best mates they are, thick as thieves. After the second one, because we started a bit late in having kids we both decided to put a cork in her (quite literally). The IUD ended up giving her fits medically so in April of this year she had it removed. Since removing it, she's been in the mood basically all day every day. Well, a week ago, approximately 2 months after IUD removal, found out she was pregnant again. So next Spring we'll have a 7 year old, a 4 year old and... a baby. Life is a trip! Really excited to be the 70 year old dad at college graduation.. Anyone have any "whoopsie" babies? Show me the light!
Congrats bro.i just had my 2nd kid and I'm older than you. We'll both be old men at our kids graduations

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
My second was an oopsie, I was working in the office and my wife brought me a whiskey in and literally said "oops". I was 45, so older than you. He's great but I told my wife that any more oopsie and I'm jumping in front of a bus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How much of an "oops" is it if you didn't get(or didn't mention?) a vasectomy?

No judgment, I'm in a similar situation. While I don't want anymore kids, I've been finding silly reasons to not get a vasectomy.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

No judgment, I'm in a similar situation. While I don't want anymore kids, I've been finding silly reasons to not get a vasectomy.
Yeah not really much of one in hindsight. I keep putting the snip off, and now we’re here.

• 1Like

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man

No worries, basically a vasectomy was on my list, and I spoke to my doctor after number 1, but they won't do it straight after a child as people make snap decisions and then change their minds, so you have to wait a year. Then my dad died at about the 12 month mark and then mum got ill. So long story short, life got in the way. My wife has now had the coil fitted (her choice as I was lining up for a vasectomy) so it's off my list again as the coil will take us passed the point of it being an issue.