Parent Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
IUDs work great until they don't. My wife has had them dislodge twice and needed (minor) surgery for a perforated uterus.

• 1Barf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
IUDs work great until they don't. My wife has had them dislodge twice and needed (minor) surgery for a perforated uterus.

Yeah, my ex had a lot of problems with them, my GF had a lot of problems with them. Snip is the way if you don't want anymore kids anyway.

And I say that as a guy who's operation went about as shitty as possible. I'd still do it again.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I remember helping coach my son’s baseball team about 15 years ago - I noticed one of the other dads helping seemed a bit preoccupied. I asked him if everything was okay. He said, “man, don’t say anything to anyone else, but I just found out my wife is pregnant… with twins.” Of course I congratulated him, and said “I guess this was unexpected?” He said, “well yeah, considering I had a vasectomy about 5 months ago.”

• 2Worf
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Get a gyno to deposit it, ultrasound verify. It is the way. Getting snipped is just insane from my pov.

Here's for young women for instance.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27771475/ said:
Overall evidence suggests that the risk of adverse outcomes related to pregnancy, perforation, infection, heavy bleeding or removals for bleeding among young IUD users is low and may not be clinically meaningful. However, the risk of expulsion, especially for Cu-IUDs, is higher for younger women compared with older women. If IUD expulsion occurs, a young woman is exposed to an increased risk of unintended pregnancy if replacement contraception is not initiated. IUDs are safe for young women and provide highly effective reversible contraception.

Captain Suave

Get a gyno to deposit it, ultrasound verify.

It was. Two different OBs, same outcome twice. IUDs are a great solution for almost everyone, but like everything it can go wrong and some people exist as living corner cases.

Getting snipped is just insane from my pov.

Meh. I'm 45. Married 17 years with two kids. Love them but no plans for more in any imaginable life situation. The IUD doesn't work for my wife, and she also has trouble with estrogen sensitivity from pills, patches, and rings. (Weight gain, headaches, bloating.) At that cost, and the fact that condoms are a PITA and not as fun, vasectomy seems quite reasonable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wife had a condition if she got pregnant she would lose the baby every time. Only option on her end was a major surgery to remove things. Vasectomy was a lot cheaper and easier.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Get a gyno to deposit it, ultrasound verify. It is the way. Getting snipped is just insane from my pov.

Here's for young women for instance.

The problem we always had was depending on the time of the month, it sits "lower" and can absolutely be "interfered with" if you know what I'm saying.

Also, I'm not particularly interested in fishing line rubbing on my dick.

• 1Barf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Working Dr House GIF

Food for thought, 15% increased risk of prostate cancer when you get snipped. Risk persists for 30 years.

Bros before hos, man.

https://academic.oup.com/jnci/article/112/1/71/5497506 said:
Overall, vasectomized men had an increased risk of prostate cancer compared with nonvasectomized men (relative risk = 1.15, 95% confidence interval = 1.10 to 1.20). The increased risk of prostate cancer following vasectomy persisted for at least 30 years after the procedure and was observed regardless of age at vasectomy and cancer stage at diagnosis.

https://en.ssi.dk/news/news/2019/vasectomy-is-associated-with-increased-risk-of-prostate-cancer said:

Vasectomy is not risk-free​

Statens Serum Institut emphasises that the biggest risk factor is whether the father or brother of the man who develops prostate cancer has the disease.

“Just like studies indicate that birth-control pills increase women's risk of developing breast cancer, a vasectomy is apparently not all risk-free either. Nothing in our study suggests that vasectomy does not increase the risk of developing prostate cancer.”

“There might also be an association between other elements of male reproductive health and the risk of developing prostate cancer,” concludes Anders Husby.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Final update with my Mom, I tried to plan a visit it was met with passive aggressive hostility. Things like “you can’t stay here” and when I said thats fine I will fine a Hotel it was “No that is too much money”, and “her husband isn’t feeling good.” I poked and straight up asked why don’t you want me to come. She said it is “just too hot…” and starts talking about my brother…

I snap and remind her that is the one thing I asked her not to do. She starts denying I ever said that and feigns ignorance. Begins with the bad mother speech. I finally say yes I will finally agree with you…you are a bad mother… she gets real quiet and I say 35 years of you tell me that I believe it now. She hangs up…

cool…

Sitting here having a beer after that one… Pretty sure tomorrow I am not gonna care anymore. I tried, and short of flying out and talking to her in person nothing more I can do and I sure as shit not going to. Done and done, moving on.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve never understood people who are compelled to try and manipulate everyone around them. I’ll drink a beer to your peace of mind.

Captain Suave

Food for thought, 15% increased risk of prostate cancer when you get snipped. Risk persists for 30 years.

It's important to note that the 15% is relative risk, not absolute (base risk times 1.15, not base + 15%). Still worth thinking about if you're otherwise at higher risk for prostate cancer.

• 2Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It's important to note that the 15% is relative risk, not absolute (base risk times 1.15, not base + 15%). Still worth thinking about if you're otherwise at higher risk for prostate cancer.

Doesn't everyone get prostate cancer if they live long enough anyway? And haven't they stopped doing treatment for it because it's not that terrible?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ain't that pancreatic that's terrible and swift?
There are several that are. Colon cancer can be swift or it could be several years. Like most cancers it depends on when you’re diagnosed, how old you are and how early you caught it. The survival rate has gone up because we started checking for it so often and at early ages. I don’t think there’s an easy way to early detect pancreatic like the ole finger up the ass colon cancer has, which is why the survival time frame is much shorter.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Erm, no it is terrible and swift.
Half of 90 years old have prostate cancer. Very few die of it. Only 2% of men die of it. Would seem to be one of the least dangerous and to progress very slowly in the vast majority of case. To the point that screening isn't recommanded in most cases.

• 1WTF

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Mayo's website says it doesn't even require treatment a lot of time. I ain't gonna let it keep me up at night.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Half of 90 years old have prostate cancer. Very few die of it. Only 2% of men die of it. Would seem to be one of the least dangerous and to progress very slowly in the vast majority of case. To the point that screening isn't recommanded in most cases.
1 out of 50 men dying from it seems high to me. But, it sounds more survivable than I thought. I’ve only know two people with it and they were both dead in under a year. Glad it’s not as bad as it seems!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It's still cancer. Once you get into your 40s your doctor should be reminding you to get one every few 5-10 years. More if you have family history, or if they find polyps.