Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
You can see why an 8 mirror card couldn't be balanced, the card would have to be so rare it would be retarded. Maybe it's doable if it was a 1/1 card that had maybe 1/10th the drop rate of a mirror. They could code in one random drop per month of a league or something along those lines, like a mini lottery win in the game.

It's going to be interesting to see what Chris says, he's going to be full of shit no doubt and whatever he says I won't believe as it'll all be marketing speak shite that's worked out beforehand.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dumb question time. What are the semi clear large monsters in the acts that look like they have flies coming and going in and out of them. Ran into a few so far. They don't seem to drop anything, or anything special. Guessing they were added in a league I didn't play.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think if they left flasks and triggers alone and just dropped damage down as they did they’d been fine. A bonus would have been to fix some bad mechanical skills. Most skills get popular because they feel good as opposed to being numbers op, though that obviously happens too.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Flask is something in the past you constantly interacted with, constantly. Let's fuck up the interaction and timing of that and nobody will notice.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Even MBXtreme had a vid out crapping on the nerfs and the state of the game and how they've absolutely cratered the available build diversity. He's definitely not in the usual naysayers camp. It's amazing how far they've gone down in just 2 leagues... looking back now, Ritual league was certainly a high point of the game in the last few years IMO. Not necessarily because of the league mechanic, but because all of the systems seemed to line up well to give ALL players a sense that they could progress to a significant power level and the commensurate fun factor that feeling entailed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ritual was just Harvest 2.0, that's all. They did some Ascendancy changes, but all the real QoL came in Ultimatum with all the content reworks in terms of previous leagues.

Here's a great idea for people talking about "build diversity". There's a guy on Youtube who reviews the top builds of each league two weeks in on PoE Ninja for SC and for SSFHC for EVERY league. I went to his channel and checked the last 4 or so leagues. The people talking about build diversity have terrible, terrible memories, but alas that's the way of the POE commoner. Here's a fun snippet of Ritual:

Man, truly diverse times. Ultimatum is even worse and Metamorph Heist is EVEN WORSE.

Here's 3 of the previous leagues 2 weeks in, unfortunately the statistics are for ANTS:

Once again, most of the people complaining have no fucking idea about the past. I don't know if they didn't play or they just hopped in late on some super clear meta build and that's their worldview of the game. Point is, a lot of these people, even the talking heads have very selective memories.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ritual was just Harvest 2.0, that's all. They did some Ascendancy changes, but all the real QoL came in Ultimatum with all the content reworks in terms of previous leagues.

Here's a great idea for people talking about "build diversity". There's a guy on Youtube who reviews the top builds of each league two weeks in on PoE Ninja for SC and for SSFHC for EVERY league. I went to his channel and checked the last 4 or so leagues. The people talking about build diversity have terrible, terrible memories, but alas that's the way of the POE commoner. Here's a fun snippet of Ritual:

Man, truly diverse times. Ultimatum is even worse and Metamorph Heist is EVEN WORSE.

Here's 3 of the previous leagues 2 weeks in, unfortunately the statistics are for ANTS:

Once again, most of the people complaining have no fucking idea about the past. I don't know if they didn't play or they just hopped in late on some super clear meta build and that's their worldview of the game. Point is, a lot of these people, even the talking heads have very selective memories.

Oh fuck off.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It is pretty funny. Even just looking at PoE Ninja you can see that the build diversity this league doesn't differ from just about every other league that has come out. The only really bad leagues for build diversity were Legion with close to 60% of players playing Cyclone at one point and that league they buffed summoners that had 50% of people playing Spectres.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It is pretty funny. Even just looking at PoE Ninja you can see that the build diversity this league doesn't differ from just about every other league that has come out. The only really bad leagues for build diversity were Legion with close to 60% of players playing Cyclone at one point and that league they buffed summoners that had 50% of people playing Spectres.

The point isn't that the build diversity is super different this league than leagues before.

The point is that these changes that are wildly unpopular with the overwhelming majority of the player base were made to promote further build diversity -- but in the end did nothing to accomplish that.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The point isn't that the build diversity is super different this league than leagues before.

The point is that these changes that are wildly unpopular with the overwhelming majority of the player base were made to promote further build diversity -- but in the end did nothing to accomplish that.

Correlation isnt causation though. The fact build diversity is always like that would suggest its just the fact the community tends to focus on popular builds rather than whats actually available out there.

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Can't we all remember when they killed some build we love? I recall the nerf to Ghost Pact or whatever the life to ES leech conversion is/was called, and the destruction of the Whispering Ice build as a leader.

The poet's pen build with the exploding bodies and the teleporting - the game could NOT run that anymore - actually come to think of it, that Whispering Ice build was a fps killer also.

Hmmmmmmmmm!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Correlation isnt causation though. The fact build diversity is always like that would suggest its just the fact the community tends to focus on popular builds rather than whats actually available out there.
It's two-pronged right now. Most of the Build Brains are SSFHC, so they tend to congregate to tanky builds that are easy to build with just rares. So everyone is looking to Nugi and Ziz and Steel and they're all using the same stuff. Mathil, Cutedog, and newcomers like Jungroan are starting to make new builds that will fuck, but they've JUST started. Of course people are going to be Glads out the ass, they updated the shield skills and they're the shield ascendancy. Especially with the 'nerfs' they wanted to get a jump on defensive characters, but now that people are realizing it's not as bad as they thought they're branching out to more pew pew builds.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't we all remember when they killed some build we love? I recall the nerf to Ghost Pact or whatever the life to ES leech conversion is/was called, and the destruction of the Whispering Ice build as a leader.

The poet's pen build with the exploding bodies and the teleporting - the game could NOT run that anymore - actually come to think of it, that Whispering Ice build was a fps killer also.

Hmmmmmmmmm!
Poet's Pen was my jam. Was also amazing for leveling.

I think everyone's mainly pissed that although they'll freely nerf shit into the ground, they won't add the QoL shit people have been asking for ages. It feels like a slap in the face. Who gives a shit about power creep when the league restarts every 3-4 months anyway, and I'll be back spending at minimum 60$. However I didn't buy shit in Ultimatum because I wasn't going to reward shit league performance and I didn't buy any shit this league because I don't like the development direction. People complaining that you have too much shit to pickup? Make a splinter league. People complain about piano key flasks, just nerf flasks but do very little to affect piano key gameplay.

Rolling maps is boring. If they want to balance the game around rerolling maps, they need to put item filters on hover overs so I can highlight certain mods (this goes for rares too). People have been asking for this shit for ages. It's crazy that a third party app like Awakened POE Trade can do this, but GGG cannot.

Sirus mobs (especially Baran) are bullshit. Imagine playing this game in HC. Oh just spawn Conquerer and portal out. Fun and engaging.

It's a shame because I do enjoy the league mechanic and I think Rog is an amazing addition in psuedo-crafting.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also there was a Reddit post about how it's impossible to get currency this league. So yeah, Reddit is a complete waste of time now. I was there when it was just "look at this item I found!!!" and I thought it was annoying THEN, but now it's insufferable. It's just complaint after complaint with "I WOULD CHANGE THIS" posts. There's basically no tips or testing posts anywhere and if there are you have to sort by new because it's an echo chamber of normie butthurt. I had to go test out boneshatter mechanics because between reddit and the official forums no one knew 100% how it worked, just a general idea. I don't mind testing shit, but there are people who are MUCH more thorough than me and I appreciate their testing and data dumps.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Also there was a Reddit post about how it's impossible to get currency this league. So yeah, Reddit is a complete waste of time now. I was there when it was just "look at this item I found!!!" and I thought it was annoying THEN, but now it's insufferable. It's just complaint after complaint with "I WOULD CHANGE THIS" posts. There's basically no tips or testing posts anywhere and if there are you have to sort by new because it's an echo chamber of normie butthurt. I had to go test out boneshatter mechanics because between reddit and the official forums no one knew 100% how it worked, just a general idea. I don't mind testing shit, but there are people who are MUCH more thorough than me and I appreciate their testing and data dumps.

You go out and test boneshatter mechanics in a game that is currently broken as fuck and boring as shit because GGG can't consistently code their skill interactions and modifiers.

I refuse to waste my valuable time "testing" skills developed by a company who has proven time and time again that they won't respect my time investment, so I fuck off an play FFXIV instead. I enjoy the game not being a kick in the dick enough that I will probably buy their expansion pack that is on sale and pay them a nominal fee each month to play for a while.

I wonder how many former, years-long PoE players are channeling you right now vs channeling me.

• 1Picard

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Hmmmmmmmmm!
Poet's Pen with Unearth - Bodyswap is still a build you can do. It's actually more viable, in some respects, now because you can Bodyswap monsters in addition to corpses. However, I doubt the changes to dual wielding Poet's Pen plus the power creep of content itself would make it viable. Imagine ping pong around during the third phase of the Maven fight.

Poet's Pen was definitely niche last league(I used one for my league finisher, did Feared for the achievement), but the changes to mana triggers have definitely made it even more niche. I'll admit, I was saying Spellslinger and the like were dead. Perhaps not altogether, but they sure lost a lot of viability.

I don't like this guy, I think he makes his builds way too paper thin, even for softcore. BUT, he does seem to have worked out the mana issues with Spellslinger. And endgame scaling is even further pigeonholed into LL at this point because of it.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Mathil is currently using a Poet's Pen EoW with Elemental Hit. It wasn't fully planned so he's winging it, but I've not seen much mana issues yet and he has approx 80% or more of his mana reserved.