Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I mean they don't really have a choice, it'd be the most broken thing in the game if they didn't.

The real question is gonna be do their change elemental hit, cause it has the same kind of scaling with %more damage for each ailment on the mob.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
1721610988707.jpeg

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm so hyped for the league I hopped back in to necropolis to farm some maps. I can't wait for these corpses to be gone, I really didn't like this league mechanic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea I mean they don't really have a choice, it'd be the most broken thing in the game if they didn't.

The real question is gonna be do their change elemental hit, cause it has the same kind of scaling with %more damage for each ailment on the mob.
Couldn't you already abuse that if that was the case? You can stack as many ignites as you want, only one does damage.

To answer your previous question about bleed supports: 7th best is probably chance to bleed at 29%.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Couldn't you already abuse that if that was the case? You can stack as many ignites as you want, only one does damage.

To answer your previous question about bleed supports: 7th best is probably chance to bleed at 29%.

Ignite never worked that way previously no, stuff like taming/ele hit etc applies to each 'active' ailment - it doesn't matter how many inactive ignites or freezes there are.

The new warden shocks are 50 individual 'active' shocks, or it's at least worded like that is how it's gonna work hence the issue.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m picking this up for the first time in anticipation for this league to shit on Diablo IV.

What do? Should I go ahead and do stuff?

Got a buddy who’s gonna play with.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If it's your first time, go ahead and play on standard, just to get a feel for the game and how progression works, and what different league mechanics do (if you even make it that far by friday), just be aware you'll want to start over when the league releases to play on the league server instead of the standard server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Counting down the days until someone figures out how to game the currency exchange.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If it's your first time, go ahead and play on standard, just to get a feel for the game and how progression works, and what different league mechanics do (if you even make it that far by friday), just be aware you'll want to start over when the league releases to play on the league server instead of the standard server.

Fuck that, RF Chieftan.

• 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ronne ronne which warcries were you thinking for bleed slams? I've looked over all of them, and the exertion bonuses on rallying, seismic, and maybe battlemage's cry look worthwhile. The buffs on enduring and seismic look decent, but not enough to manually cast warcries.

Regarding battlemage's cry, I feel like there should be more spells I can add besides just vulnerability, but having trouble finding any.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
RF is a good go to due to Pohx great guides and Wikis. Did he figure out a good RF build this league? I saw him theory crafting a bit and it seems a lot of stuff was changed for his builds.

I don't know where he's at now. I was just bringing it up for the reasons you mentioned. Detailed guides, full wiki, big community, etc. If at any point you get stuck there's resources galore.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
ronne ronne which warcries were you thinking for bleed slams? I've looked over all of them, and the exertion bonuses on rallying, seismic, and maybe battlemage's cry look worthwhile. The buffs on enduring and seismic look decent, but not enough to manually cast warcries.

Regarding battlemage's cry, I feel like there should be more spells I can add besides just vulnerability, but having trouble finding any.

Rallying doesn't buff you, only allies, so don't bother with that one, or if you do you have to run herald of purity and can just automate rallying since the only part of it you care about is the '5% more damage per ally'.

Intimidating kept its double damage line so you need that one in there someplace, but unless they change something you can automate that one unless you really want the movement speed buff.

The buff part of seismic similarly is worthless (stun duration), but I tend to do that one manually usually anyway just so I can better keep track of the stacks while clearing.

Enduring cry is probably the best of the actual buffs that you actively want on yourself, cause it'll be ~10% life regen after all the scaling. Otherwise probably ancestral as well for +max res if you need it

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Rallying doesn't buff you, only allies, so don't bother with that one, or if you do you have to run herald of purity and can just automate rallying since the only part of it you care about is the '5% more damage per ally'.

Intimidating kept its double damage line so you need that one in there someplace, but unless they change something you can automate that one unless you really want the movement speed buff.

The buff part of seismic similarly is worthless (stun duration), but I tend to do that one manually usually anyway just so I can better keep track of the stacks while clearing.

Enduring cry is probably the best of the actual buffs that you actively want on yourself, cause it'll be ~10% life regen after all the scaling. Otherwise probably ancestral as well for +max res if you need it
I plan on doing HoP + Guardian's Blessing + Pride. See how shit the uptime is.

Don't care about double damage for ailments.

Seismic's buff also gives you more armor fwiw.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you have herald dudes up you probably want to add rallying to an automate link then as it'll still get the exerted %more damage per minion then.

I think manually activating seismic + enduring is probably just at the limit of piano nonsense that I'll be willing to deal with. Ancestral cry is neat but I don't think hitting 90 max res will be that difficult if I do end up on chieftan like I'm planning.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Whole bunch of changes this morning, basically removing/nerfing every super broken thing anyone has come up with yet:

The Taming now has 30-40% increased Elemental Damage with Hits and Ailments for each type of Elemental Ailment on Enemy (from 20% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments per Freeze, Shock or Ignite on Enemy). This change affects existing items, though you will need to use a Divine Orb to obtain the new values. It no longer has 30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills or 30% increased Elemental Damage, and using a Divine Orb on existing versions will remove these two modifiers.

It's also worth noting that Elemental Hit had a similarly worded stat on it, but this wording was incorrect. It only cares about unique types of elemental ailments on the target, rather than counting the total number of ailments. We have now updated the stat description to be more accurate

We’re changing Eternal Damnation from “cannot gain endurance charges/cannot gain power charges” to “Maximum Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charges is 0

Dancing Dervish feels like it will become mandatory on every build, can we prevent this please?

Yep! We’ll be reverting this change to its 3.24 state.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Chieftan bleeds DOA:

If you aggravate bleeding on hit, and inflict a bleed with that same hit, the new bleed will not be aggravated. You'd have to hit again to aggravate it. The Gladiator's Jagged Technique passive is the only way to apply an aggravated bleed in a single hit.

Glad or nothing if you wanna play bleed

• 1WTF

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Is it like Diablo IV where there's OP classes and trash classes each season?

Are there classes I should avoid for whatever reason?