Path of Exile

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So this seems to be the league to do big boy EQ build. Although I'm looking at wild strikes warden too. Is PoB updated mine just keeps crashing?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Warden I think is really going to want to be molten strike. The shock node is just way too strong to ignore, and the amount of hits required for it to scale bigly means it needs to be something like MS that can hit that often. If they don't change the taming before launch that setup is going to be a complete free ride to 10m+ dps cause that ring alone is gonna be ~1000% increased damage. MS also has the added benefit of capping out the avatar stacks or whatever they are nearly instantly to maximize uptime on that.

If you really hate MS or they nerf/change the taming the scorch node is also completely cracked, but you'd need some pretty large singular hits to really cap out scorch vs pinnacle bosses. Even if you can't cap it, getting ~40% reduced resists on top of whatever curses etc is a lot of goddamn damage.

The only issue with warden really is that barkskin still sucks mega ass so you're gonna probably have to use tinctures which look kind of annoying to manage, or at least they do if you're used to a flask macro.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Barkskin doesn't seem that bad for 25% reservation, and determination and grace are both nerfed now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's like one bad unique shield that did it I think?

But yea lucky block with 70 block is some hefty fucking defense. Keep in mind they nuked most of the recover health on block affixes off shields tho, so you may have to use a surrender which will likely be very expensive.

My PoB won't actually update to the beta release currently and just crashes instead, but I think going chieftan warcry slams might actually be real this time? Infinite power + can scale the 'max power' cap via the tree means some really huge fucking warcry buffs. Infernal cry could easily hit like ~60% phys as extra fire for example, and if you can get that rune they showed that is 30% of phys as extra of every element then avatar of fire it at all? Should make some truly hilariously large ground slams or whatever you prefer.
How are you dealing with that many warcries? Sounds annoying manually, or expensive automating.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How are you dealing with that many warcries? Sounds annoying manually, or expensive automating.

You just use them manually as needed. This should be levels of damage similar to the initial slam rework so realistically you really only use like, seismic cry, for general map clear, then hit intimidating for bosses or whatever.

I don't think any of the automation works at all anymore (if you want the buffs, which you do), so if you're going slams it's full warcry piano time again.

• 1Barf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going all-in on a bleed build. I'm really loving the new passive where things are always considered to be "moving" while they are bled.

I always liked bleed and played a bleed flicker strike build back in the day I loved, but melee has been so shitty for so long that I just never really have them on my radar, despite melee being my preference in ARPGs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gladiator bleed is a trap I think

The real bleed setups are gonna be chieftans with their free 7link 70% more damage node.

I listened to asmongold talk about this patch, and I think because of that YouTube autoplay put a random a video of his on while I was still in the shower. But, he made a comment that I have to ask if it's true.

Does GGG really ask streamers to not giveaway items, as it will affect the player economy?

That's one of the best things I've ever heard if true

Khane

Got something right about marriage
GGG doesn't ask. Streamers get banned if they do giveaways/contests for in game currency/items

Penance

I listened to asmongold talk about this patch, and I think because of that YouTube autoplay put a random a video of his on while I was still in the shower. But, he made a comment that I have to ask if it's true.

Does GGG really ask streamers to not giveaway items, as it will affect the player economy?

I don't know. But I do know that Streamers giving away items, besides maybe Empy and Belton and a few others, would have little to absolutely no effect on the economy. And even if it did that sounds completely asinine when they already allow people to price fix and scam people.

GGG doesn't ask. Streamers get banned if they do giveaways/contests for in game currency/items

I stand corrected. I guess it would encourage view farming through any means necessary and might promote pay to win kind of scenario

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Oh yeah, it's against the rules. It comes up on Empy's stream from time to time. I've inferred that it's bad for a player's retention if they're just handed big shit but I don't know all the reasons for the policy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is funny considering this is prob one of the most RMTed game which GGG does not do shit about.

• 1Like

Penance

Got POB working. Messing with with a Hollow Palm Ice Crash Glad for stupid block and 100% more damage as a bossing build with Vaal Pact.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't really know what the best way to build a chieftan eternal apple build is. Tried slam ignite but i don't think i can make it good enough compared to other builds.
League start-ish pob for anyone interested.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gladiator bleed is a trap I think

The real bleed setups are gonna be chieftans with their free 7link 70% more damage node.
It would be whatever your 7th support would be instead of Fist of War, not the damage of Fist of War itself.

Ignoring the subjective tastes of slow slams, what are chieftans going to do for aggravated bleeding?

Trickster might be a good ascendancy for bleed if the starting location wasn't shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's what, 45% bleed aggravation on the tree, and a glove mod of unknown values?

It's not perfect, especially since you'll need it to hit on the proper ruthless proc for the biggest bleeds.

The best links for bleed are what, brutality cruelty melee phys lifetap ruthless now? Or maybe the new exert support thing is better in there someplace, but yea any EQ/groundslam setup is gonna be using fist of war in the link if they don't get it from chieftan.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So any Imbalanced League Starters up yet? I heard mentioned Boneshatter was slightly nerfed which sucks as it was kinda easy to understand as a noob.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I'm gonna start either Glad Double Strike of Impaling or Chieftan/Warden Fissure Snaking Slams. Too many options. This patch is insane.

Last edited:

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Warden I think is really going to want to be molten strike. The shock node is just way too strong to ignore, and the amount of hits required for it to scale bigly means it needs to be something like MS that can hit that often. If they don't change the taming before launch that setup is going to be a complete free ride to 10m+ dps cause that ring alone is gonna be ~1000% increased damage. MS also has the added benefit of capping out the avatar stacks or whatever they are nearly instantly to maximize uptime on that.

If you really hate MS or they nerf/change the taming the scorch node is also completely cracked, but you'd need some pretty large singular hits to really cap out scorch vs pinnacle bosses. Even if you can't cap it, getting ~40% reduced resists on top of whatever curses etc is a lot of goddamn damage.

The only issue with warden really is that barkskin still sucks mega ass so you're gonna probably have to use tinctures which look kind of annoying to manage, or at least they do if you're used to a flask macro.
Mark already said in a reddit thread that the ring is getting changed.