Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I thought you knew this ;) Crit bleed with a fast skill and crimson dance might work.

I was really hoping you could just roll the ~50% aggravate on initial bleed application

No shot is it gonna be worth it to fish for good rolls with ruthless + fist of war procs and then aggravate on top

I'm pretty sure crimson dance is bait in all scenarios now given how much faster bleeding is available. You'd need a level of attack speed I'm not convinced is realistic to reliable keep up 8 stacks of it, and it also removes the biggest 'soft' strength of bleed which is just dumping a fatty DoT on a boss then running around for 8 seconds or whatever.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh dear god autoexert reserves 15% mana per warcry, how did I miss that

Chief slam start is looking pretty fucking rough

• 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Is it like Diablo IV where there's OP classes and trash classes each season?

Are there classes I should avoid for whatever reason?
classes no, but skills, yes. Use a build guide from Zizaran if you don't want to use the RF guide previously linked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was really hoping you could just roll the ~50% aggravate on initial bleed application

No shot is it gonna be worth it to fish for good rolls with ruthless + fist of war procs and then aggravate on top

I'm pretty sure crimson dance is bait in all scenarios now given how much faster bleeding is available. You'd need a level of attack speed I'm not convinced is realistic to reliable keep up 8 stacks of it, and it also removes the biggest 'soft' strength of bleed which is just dumping a fatty DoT on a boss then running around for 8 seconds or whatever.
Have you been able to figure out why Ruthless, in PoB, isn't 98% more bleed dps when you set it to max hit?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
PoB does some weird calculations with bleed with your attack speed vs bleed duration vs average hit to come up with the numbers it does, so it's like always averaging out ruthless? I haven't been quite able to make exact sense of what it's doing, but it definitely isn't just counting your biggest phys hit roll for the total bleed size.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw Zizaran posted a Lacerate Gladiator League Starter build on his Youtube. Never done much melee besides Boneshatter but might be an option? Should perform better in 3.25 also than now.

Gladiator Bleed Build

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Going to play this league. Will just be the 2nd timing playing. I did once before years ago. I basically followed a step by step guide, that pointed me at what to get and where to go, where to put points etc. Will probably do so again this time around, as still very much a newbie when it comes to this game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Going to be a lot of people that see a video from Ziz or whoever and don't give the buffed melee skill they're eye-humping a practice run prior to launch. Melee characters in 3.25 are still melee characters in the game called Path of Exile.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Saw Zizaran posted a Lacerate Gladiator League Starter build on his Youtube. Never done much melee besides Boneshatter but might be an option? Should perform better in 3.25 also than now.

Gladiator Bleed Build

Everyone thinking about playing lacerate needs to log in to standard and test it out a bit.

The hemorrhage variant has 0 AE scaling and can't switch to sand stance. Everyone uses it for these build recommendations because the numbers on it are absurd, but even with bleed pops the clear is gonna be really, really mediocre and your actual AoE for the attack itself is barely larger than a strike skill.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Everyone thinking about playing lacerate needs to log in to standard and test it out a bit.

The hemorrhage variant has 0 AE scaling and can't switch to sand stance. Everyone uses it for these build recommendations because the numbers on it are absurd, but even with bleed pops the clear is gonna be really, really mediocre and your actual AoE for the attack itself is barely larger than a strike skill.
Sunder is what I'm planning.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's going to be a (ground) slam jam.

The only issue is that the comparable(to sunder or eq) ground slam gem is trans and requires a 2H. I really want to try the block nodes so I can experience first hand how many times I still go splat out of seemingly nowhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The only issue is that the comparable(to sunder or eq) ground slam gem is trans and requires a 2H. I really want to try the block nodes so I can experience first hand how many times I still go splat out of seemingly nowhere.

I've got Chieftain slams penciled in as my league start but I totally want to reroll Hollow Palm Sunder Glad second character.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea ground slam doesn't really work for bleed, not the base gem anyway - too much of its damage is tied up in the 'more damage with hits based on proximity' bit that won't help your bleeds much.

I haven't done the math on sunder vs earthquake for bleeds, but just eyeballing it it looks like it's close enough that sunder looks a lot more attractive given the mechanics of the skill vs waiting for shitty earthquake aftershocks.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
unless convinced that this is bait, this is what I'm leaguestarting as. I'll just strugglebus the first 4-6 divs as sunder or something.

timestamped for the budget version:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's just replica alberons strength stack, it barely has anything to do with molten strike lol

You can sub in nearly any melee skill using that core of alberons + crown (no more battlemages cry) + fortress and just go to the moon with DPS.

I played it to 100 in necropolis using volcanic fissure, and it's only gonna get way, way stronger with melee buffs and endurance charge buffs:

Have to custom config it a bit cause PoB is updated, but the idea is the same - just gotta swap in crown of eyes and pick any skill you like the most. It's really strong, but keep in mind replica alberons can easily be 20+ divines, especially early, and in general attribute stacking items are disgustingly expensive just for the bases etc.