Path of Exile

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Melee buffed... Yea I'm old and need to be guided all the way. Righteous Fire Chieftan it is.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Considering a league starter Sunder build. Like a time warp or something, pretty sure that was my first build.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Could you go slayer and just pickup the gladiator node via the 2 unique jewel combo? Wouldn't be a league start plan, but at some point.

Can't remember what those jewels are called but seems like it'd solve that issue

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Forbidden Flame and Flesh combos are pretty juicy for Slayers overall.

But Gladiators can steal the endurance = frenzy passive from slayer as well which is also juicy

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forbidden Flame and Flesh. Lucky block, Masterful Form, and maybe Jagged Technique are going to be really expensive. Like Jugg's accuracy node, or Berserker's Aspect of Carnage.

• 1Truth!

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of the things I was brain farting was using flame/flesh combo for avatar of the wilds while fully speccing barkskin and tinctures. Without knowing how strong tincture will be I definitely won't do this league start, but I do want to test barkskin and tinctures eventually.

I assume you can use flame/flesh combos to get ascendancies that are behind other asc points right?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Slayer also gets nice leech tech if you go lightning strike or molten strike and pick up vaal pact. You'll get the instant leech on your melee hits and overleech on your ranged projectiles.

• 1Mother of God

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Slayer also gets nice leech tech if you go lightning strike or molten strike and pick up vaal pact. You'll get the instant leech on your melee hits and overleech on your ranged projectiles.
Wait this essentially solves the DoT problem with vaal pact no?

Ossoi

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
so last league I got a boneshatter juggernaut to 95 then an lightning arrow deadeye to 97. Prior to that my only other significant character was some blade vortex assassin 3 years ago.

Putting aside any balance changes, what would be a good class archetype to play to sample some different gameplay? eg a caster instead of a melee or ranged

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait this essentially solves the DoT problem with vaal pact no?

It seems really strong, I'm probably rolling molten strike slayer, maybe shield/claw and go for lucky block flesh jewels later. Haven't pob'd anything yet.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
so last league I got a boneshatter juggernaut to 95 then an lightning arrow deadeye to 97. Prior to that my only other significant character was some blade vortex assassin 3 years ago.

Putting aside any balance changes, what would be a good class archetype to play to sample some different gameplay? eg a caster instead of a melee or ranged
You could try a caster like heiro archmage ball lightning, wave of conviction elementalist, or a minion build like SRS or zoomancer, or if you're feeling particularly adventurous, a mine build like hexblast or exsanguinate.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I looked at my old builds in game that are now in standard. One I liked was whirling blades, not only is that not a thing anymore but the ascendancy raider doesn't exist anymore lol. I liked that build.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

If you (or any other newer player) want safe, proven strong meta builds, you can take a look at Tyty's list, and then look up some videos on youtube to see how they play, and then the most important thing to make your decision is to go to the build guides themselves and take a very hard look at the CONS of the build, because everyone loves to sing the praises of their builds, but the cons will tell you all you really need to know about it. Pick what seems least annoying.

1721756448389.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Very nice, hadn't thought of that. Is there a skill that abuses this better than Lightning Strike? As in, one that still clears acceptably(so, not MS) but doesn't have a disagreeable positioning requirement?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Very nice, hadn't thought of that. Is there a skill that abuses this better than Lightning Strike? As in, one that still clears acceptably(so, not MS) but doesn't have a disagreeable positioning requirement?

Frostblades, the answer is always frostblades. Maybe smite or static strike? I don't know offhand how those deal their AE/beam damagees.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay I fixed bleed slams boys, just need a drop from uber sirus is all:

1721757694838.png

• 1Blown
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably do some self chill build with those or something? Solving attack speed issues is another challenge for melee now with rage changes.

• 1Solidarity