Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You don't need to self inflinct, in fact you don't want to unless you're bleed immune. Just need to put any elemental ailment on the enemy.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah I misread it I guess. If I play bleed I'd just go glad though. I don't think it's bait at all, it looks really solid.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Frostblades, the answer is always frostblades. Maybe smite or static strike? I don't know offhand how those deal their AE/beam damagees.
Not going to stack projectile speed high enough to get a projectile to return for a non-instant leech instance, too much trouble(for frostblades). Smite and static strike are 100% melee damage, they will be completely affected by vaal pact.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This feels weird. I slapped together a league starter PoB for Bleed Slam and Lightning Strike and I have at least 4 gem sockets free on both. And this isn't because I'm picky/lazy, I have everything automated on the slam build, and just press Vaal Smite on the Lightning Strike.

If this is what it takes to kill melee totems, fine with me, just makes me think I'm doing something wrong with my builds. Anyone else having trouble filling up their sockets?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I played standard for a short time since I haven't played in several leagues. Constant crashes, just me?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This feels weird. I slapped together a league starter PoB for Bleed Slam and Lightning Strike and I have at least 4 gem sockets free on both. And this isn't because I'm picky/lazy, I have everything automated on the slam build, and just press Vaal Smite on the Lightning Strike.

If this is what it takes to kill melee totems, fine with me, just makes me think I'm doing something wrong with my builds. Anyone else having trouble filling up their sockets?

Yea the removal of totems giving you an available 4-link to play with is definitely throwing me off my usual build plans.

It's probably time to explore some alternative utility skills I guess? Maybe a voidsphere for crowd control? Are we back to having a stone golem for some regen?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Think I'm going to start with a FB Warden build and hope it can scale above where I was at last league, can always swap to LS again with a different ascendancy as a backup, too.

Granted, even if I go that route eventually......it sounds a lot different from Champ builds along with the adjusted stat scaling with the patch notes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea the removal of totems giving you an available 4-link to play with is definitely throwing me off my usual build plans.

It's probably time to explore some alternative utility skills I guess? Maybe a voidsphere for crowd control? Are we back to having a stone golem for some regen?
CWDT - Stone Golem - Maim! It's free damage!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Could do dark marionett spectre, guardian blessing and aura.

Spectres will count for rallying cry too if you use that.

new gems
Thanks for the reminder on marionettes. Wonder how expensive those are going to be. Might be time to write a AHK macro for those since they seem to be sticking around.

I'm doing the HoP version on the bleed slam build.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Retaliation skills definitely feel like a 2nd or 3rd build project once you've got some resources to work with.

I'm gonna just yolo Chieftan slams I think and see how it goes. If raw hit damage caps out I can convert to bleed with those boots without too much trouble I think, just gotta use a mace for the phys damage chills mastery to activate them.

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
I am going to spend 20 hours farming Holy Relic of Conviction from merc lab then quit when i get it. EZ league

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The retal skills have some pretty silly scaling numbers.

They're going to have this really fun play pattern where you'll be in over your head surrounded by murderous shit, push the button and kill everything. That will feel great.

• 1Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Another tier ranking of starters from todays podcast, to help people decide:
1721773976002.png

I'm still waffling. Do I want to strugglebus sunder for days before I can afford to make Molten Strike of Zenith feel good, or just make a more viable starter and twink it later.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
With t17s nerfed, and the league mechanic sounding pretty easy in maps (in addition to looking very lucrative), I think this league shouldn't be too difficult even without the most optimal starters.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All these content creators are cheating by putting "slams" in T2. There's like thirty of them.

edit -

1721775565544.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The retaliate skill gems don't say enemy hit. You can't block most self damage, but I think that fire amulet can be.

Nevermind, wiki says I'm dumb. Don't see how these skills won't be clunky.

• 1Like