Path of Exile

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well no you didn't. That makes sense. For some reason I though we were talking about poeninja

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is actually poison for PoB and will get removed/forked out, mark my words.

The guy that championed this addition runs pobarchives.com, which is not a part of PoB nor is it in any way FOSS-baed community project. It's just a fully private monetized site owned by a dude.

The dude also has a Patreon that offers pledge rewards such as:

Add one of your builds to the curio display at the home page.

Your builds will be favoured in search.

Your builds will be highlighted with your tier.

This entire thing is a fucking operation to funnel money in to his site/Patreon and will end up polluting PoB with mountains of trash.

From the creator himself:

Lists are now website agnostic. Providers can implement their own lists by inheriting ExtBuildListProvider abstract class and adding it the provider list in relevant modules. Please let the PoB Archives stay the default as a courtesy for my efforts.

He worked on this 'feature' for months and feels entitled to compensation for it

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You can turn it off, but it is on by default. Someone said they rank popularity from poe.ninja or such. I'm surprised they don't rank the builds people have in their own POB on the computer. That would totally suck, but that's the way shit goes now days unfortunately.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't even make that connection. Perhaps I was assuming someone wouldn't be so bold? Definitely needs to be removed. Someone's already created a revert PR, though they closed shortly afterwards.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hope it stays, because I both don't care about it, and because PoE streamers are especially petty and childish and this will be fun to watch.

Ziz and co lost their shit on Ghazzy about the craftofexile embedding, this will be gold

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I have the feature on but no builds are even showing up for me? Would probably just turn it off anyway, I swipe builds from ben or other HC streamers that know their shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, I take it back, I hope it stays. Hundreds of thousands of PoBs are already grinding that guy's website to the point that people think the feature doesn't work. Perhaps he didn't anticipate hosting costs.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to go jugg instead of slayer for molten strike of zenith. The damage and tankiness scaling are just too good. Leveling sunder, maybe into boneshatter, swapping to zenith in early maps hopefully. Then go str stacking. Roughly following build by conner converse on it.

Anyone still looking for a build and doesn't want to do melee, I'd highly recommend hexblast mines sab/trickster. With easier t17s it should farm them well and trickster should have plenty of endgame builds to swap into.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
That's what I'm getting.
I thought it was broken for me too, but it just took like 5 minutes to load them for some reason. I don't trust any of these POBs, they are like the MPG values you see on trucks that only exist in a vacuum chamber going downhill at 40mph.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
How expensive are Ralakesh gonna be this league? 3-5 div? They were like 5c in Affliction even early which was hilarious because it was the league they were changed into the OP version (and still had move speed as well)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How expensive are Ralakesh gonna be this league? 3-5 div? They were like 5c in Affliction even early which was hilarious because it was the league they were changed into the OP version (and still had move speed as well)

They were moved to a T1 unique after Affliction so are many times more rare than they were

I wouldn't expect to get them for less than 5d for the first few weeks at least.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Decided to go jugg instead of slayer for molten strike of zenith. The damage and tankiness scaling are just too good. Leveling sunder, maybe into boneshatter, swapping to zenith in early maps hopefully. Then go str stacking. Roughly following build by conner converse on it.

Anyone still looking for a build and doesn't want to do melee, I'd highly recommend hexblast mines sab/trickster. With easier t17s it should farm them well and trickster should have plenty of endgame builds to swap into.
Same for me, except I'm going to roll hexblast mines trickster first to build up that currency and twink items, and do the initial atlas bosses with so that it's not super painful for the first few days.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good thing I'm not a dev. I'd do something ilke buff melee massively and also reduce the amount of melee drops.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
They were moved to a T1 unique after Affliction so are many times more rare than they were

I wouldn't expect to get them for less than 5d for the first few weeks at least.
What about sandstorm visage? with it being moved to T0, surely it won't be more than a headhunter, right?

Right?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What about sandstorm visage? with it being moved to T0, surely it won't be more than a headhunter, right?

Right?

If sandstorm is actually t0 yea good fucking luck. It'll probably hover at about HH prices given that no one even really cares about HH anymore

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Actually, I take it back, I hope it stays. Hundreds of thousands of PoBs are already grinding that guy's website to the point that people think the feature doesn't work. Perhaps he didn't anticipate hosting costs.

Fucking wild to me that his initial feature submission for this was all the way back in ~March and he seems to have no concept or done any modeling on how many requests this would pull from his site once added?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Right?

Visage will be a luxury item to further enhance builds now, since base crit rate was nicely buffed too.

Edit: leaderships price + skitterbots might be good until visage?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sigh my secret impossible escape /timeless jewel combo finally got broke by this leagues skill tree changes. Ugh I took so long to find that one now back to the drawing board

• 1Rustled