Path of Exile

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it normal for these builds to want you to turn a combo of buffs/aura that take 75% of your mana? Just leaving 25% to spam abilities?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is it normal for these builds to want you to turn a combo of buffs/aura that take 75% of your mana? Just leaving 25% to spam abilities?
25% sounds more than usual if anything, but yeah PoE is either reserve almost all your mana and work off mana on hit/mana cost reduction stuff, or have a massive unreserved pool for a few specific builds(archmage shit and what not). Rarely inbetween. Oh and Blood magic stuff although this isn't very common anymore I think?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
25% is about right with the way mana costs are on most attacks now. You can go a bit lower with good ring enchants, but for league you'll definitely wanna leave that much free when your main skill costs 20+ mana per attack.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God I love Chieftan.

With all that block and then 5% life on block I feel like God Mode unless some mechanic bypass it.

Anyone got tips on farming the League Mechanic? I have just been sending ships randomly and hoping for the best.

Skärmbild 2024-07-29 201950.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
  • mineral bars and ore get you gear, crops get you currency.
  • Sending to kalguur gets you ward items, sending to the green flag places gets you tattoos.
  • try to give a bit of what they want but other wise give a nice selection of materials, and then crank up the multiplier with disenchant dust

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This. As a newbie, most of these guides assume you have game knowledge. So its rough. Especially learning what to keep, what to loot, how currency works. Hell how crafting works, vendor recipes.

Last time I played was 2018, but then the guide I was following was literally a step by step guide. It told me exactly what to do, what to look for, when to buy this or that, when to this quest etc. It was really nice for a brand new player.
Don't even bother trying to understand crafting, beyond some basic stuff that can help you league start.

I've been playing this game off and on since Harbinger and I have almost zero fucking clue how in-depth crafting works. It's by far the most convoluted system in the genre and an area where Last Epoch absolutely smokes them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah I'm at the point again where I'm getting into yellow maps and either I one shot everything or I get one shot.

Upgrades involve some combination of these millions of crafting items I picked up to either make my own or get a map that drops currency to buy upgrades... but how the fuck do you do that?

Everything feels like if you fuck up you are losing some limited use items you won't see again easily.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
you'll see tons of maps. they're, for all intents and purposes, infinite.

Each map you run gets you a little currency, sometimes a lot of currency. keep running those maps.

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying arc totem as a league start for the first time.
Decoy totem + flame wood support does a surprising amount of dps with nothing allocated to it
(This is act 5 btw, it's not endgame)

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Came home from work, made the swap from 2hander to claw + shield, and had an easy time with Merciless Lab. (Took me forever to find a half decent starter one that I could also equip due to Int.)

Just starting maps today but probably won't really get to grind until this weekend. Resists are solid but my gear sucks so far.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gladiator is probably the easiest ascendancy to make tanky early for very little investment now. And it has good damage at low investment with a multitude of skills as well now.

88%+ block and spell block with easy access to all the good +max res nodes on the tree and easy access to good armour/evasion nodes and Iron Reflexes....

If you're riding the struggle bus just switch to a Gladiator build.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Bros I just bought 1c worth of chromes instantly.

Wow Dude GIF
And I've been able to sell every random 1 tattoo I've gotten from shipments instantly without having to leave a map.

I realized I had 43 orb of unmaking I will never use since we have three atlas trees to work with now, and sold them instantly as well.

It's like a whole new game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Gladiator is probably the easiest ascendancy to make tanky early for very little investment now. And it has good damage at low investment with a multitude of skills as well now.

88%+ block and spell block with easy access to all the good +max res nodes on the tree and easy access to good armour/evasion nodes and Iron Reflexes....

If you're riding the struggle bus just switch to a Gladiator build.

Can confirm. I settled on Glad the day before launch and haven't had any complaints. Even with my character in a bit of a shambles due a combination of poor gear and a self inflicted bad tree it's been one of the smoother trips to red maps I've ever had. I've died like twice during mapping? One was standing in some DD and one was getting freeze locked by a Wildwood dude at a ritual. I've had some close calls but it's solid.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm enjoying my Glad a lot as well. I'm still figuring out exactly how to make retaliation stuff work to where it doesn't feel like just a side skill you throw out for mega damage, but I've yet to succeed.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Made the switch to zenith from sunder, feels pretty solid with the only unique so far being crown of eyes and about 900 strength. Iron fortress, clusters and jewels next I guess.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm enjoying my Glad a lot as well. I'm still figuring out exactly how to make retaliation stuff work to where it doesn't feel like just a side skill you throw out for mega damage, but I've yet to succeed.

Go dual wield and use Swordstorm + Crushing Fist + Vengeful Cry with the reset node from Glad and Retal Mastery.

Honestly though just having high block and investing into the retal skills is pretty good damage for low investment and it procs a lot (make sure you have the lucky block ascendancy etc)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Did they up the drop rate on currency? I'm only 64 and got 2 divs and 18c so far. It's crazy.
I got more Chaos than usual during campaign but I think its just RNG. Only found one raw divine up to lvl 93.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user