Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I need to mine more or ship stuff or such. I put a rune in my inventory and the hammer next to the blacksmith showed but it all said not enough resourcess to make it usable.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why are people complaining about the campaign?

You'd just be in the same areas killing the same mobs in maps.

Why does POE have this amazing atlas tree/mapping system but you have to slog through 10 acts of the same bullshit to get to it? There's absolutely no reason why we should be forced to do the campaign every time. Even D4 and D3 knew this. Let people get on the main loop right away. You have all these amazing intertwining systems but you essentially have to go through a 10 act, 5-8 hour tutorial every time. Its silly.

If they were smart they'd get rid of the campaign all together and focus on making really cool map tiles and set pieces that they can cycle league in and league out.

FYIW I like doing the campaign some what. Its still an RPG and you still progress and kill mobs. It could just be so much better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why does POE have this amazing atlas tree/mapping system but you have to slog through 10 acts of the same bullshit to get to it? There's absolutely no reason why we should be forced to do the campaign every time. Even D4 and D3 knew this. Let people get on the main loop right away. You have all these amazing intertwining systems but you essentially have to go through a 10 act, 5-8 hour tutorial every time. Its silly.

If they were smart they'd get rid of the campaign all together and focus on making really cool map tiles and set pieces that they can cycle league in and league out.

FYIW I like doing the campaign some what. Its still an RPG and you still progress and kill mobs. It could just be so much better.
I get what you are saying, but what's the alternative?

Do they remove levels from the game? Each map teir is rebalanced for lv1-70 so they drop lower level stuff? You upgrade the atlas at 70, so it's just level scaling, how do these systems work at low level?

There is a way forward through those issues, but ultimately all the campaign stuff is going to end up in maps.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I guess I need to mine more or ship stuff or such. I put a rune in my inventory and the hammer next to the blacksmith showed but it all said not enough resourcess to make it usable.
Get your farm opened up. Make wheat. Ship wheat to neighboring town. Repeat.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally powered my way through the campaign. Decided to make my own retal gladiator build. Dual Wield retal with Bladestorm. Surprisingly strong and tanky all the way through.

Gotta say, they FINALLY created a league mechanic that isn't complete garbage to interact with, especially early. This Facebook town is kinda chill.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Watched a few minutes of Ziz stream today. He was complaining about needing gold. HIs gold cost was 8k per hour.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I fucking hate that I like this league. I even bought one of the new 60 dollar (55 euro) supporter packs. And I haven't done that in years. Told myself I wouldn't give them a dime until they put an AH in the game, thinking it would never happen because Chris gets off on turbo D2 nostalgia. But since he's gone all corporate and handed over the reigns, they sorta did. Still missing map trading but it's start. Fuck, I got too many games to play and not enough time. Still 3 weeks until vacation

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Read through the rune enchants. It almost reads like they were developed by someone with an agenda(for 2H sword users). I'm playing CoC DD(still good, btw), I was able to pick out some marginal enchants at best. And a harvest enchant is almost as good.

10-20% more bleeding damage sounds pretty good....on daggers?
10-20% more poison damage sounds pretty good....on maces?

There will definitely be some power creep for specific builds, but overall power creep this is not.

Borzak

Trade site is kind of borked at the moment. Searching a few uniques I picked up to see what price to set comes up with an error nothing found.

Working now, dunno what happened.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I hit Act 7 and the 2nd half of the campaign feels much better. Think it more had to do with getting enough skill points to make your build start to feel good.

I am making it a point not to use Purity of Elements, and am basically res capped. Only had a handful of stupid deaths mostly due to stun and/or leapslam being retarded.

Barely any chaos or flask upgrade materials either, but starting to enjoy it a lot more finally.

They've added a lot of "QoL" features to make it easier, and more convenient, or more fun, to grind up and get to maps which people usually enjoy more than the base game.

It used to be 3 difficulties like diablo, so you'd have to repeat the story 3 times to get to maps. Their main big change was to do the one 10-act playthrough rather than 3 4-act playthroughs.

I agree that part can be boring if you are making a lot of new characters or dying a lot in HC, but just pointing out they have made some pretty big changes/imrpovements/new content around this aspect.

The story is also when you get introduced to the new league mechanics, where maps have a pretty extreme mix of all the old stuff all over the place, so it works to let you learn the new league and build a new character even if it is boring to repeat.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The largest issue with the campaign is that it was built around a version of the game that no longer really exists - it's ancient at this point. And it makes it extremely unfun starting new characters, because it almost feels like you're playing an "updated" game glued on top of an ancient foundation.

They really need a league centered around "updating"/redesigning it, like they've done with the Atlas countless times.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tbf you can throw on some twink gear and blast through the campaign on later characters much faster than your starter, but I would be very happy of they just made the campaign account bound per league so you only need to do it once. I think that would be a fair compromise if they want to keep it in.

Borzak

In act 5 and if this character doesn't pick up I may do a reroll. I know I have a long way to go but so far it's meh at most.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally in act 10 after like 15 hours (lol). Having a good time, never made it this far previous attempts. Are uniques in this game just completely pointless? Why even have uniques at all?

Also, getting an annoying as fuck freeze pretty regularly when a lot of characters are around me in town, forcing me to hard reload.

Playing Gladiator/Lacerate/Bleed and its doing well, damage though starting to suffer, reckon it's time to find a new axe.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
In act 5 and if this character doesn't pick up I may do a reroll. I know I have a long way to go but so far it's meh at most.
I feel your pain, once I made it to A7 it started feeling better, but I've also been wasting points since the build guide assumes I am using a claw, but I cant find a chest or claw that has 3 link, along with the colors I need.

Have almost no chromatic or fusing orbs :(

Borzak

I feel your pain, once I made it to A7 it started feeling better, but I've also been wasting points since the build guide assumes I am using a claw, but I cant find a chest or claw that has 3 link, along with the colors I need.

Have almost no chromatic or fusing orbs :(

I haven't seen but maybe two 2handed axes drop. Lots of claws. Very little curency. Using a weapon I upgraded with blacksmith whetstone recipe still.

Edit - picked up a 4 link 2 handed axe with +1 melee gems, finally.

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I haven't seen but maybe two 2handed axes drop. Lots of claws. Very little curency. Using a weapon I upgraded with blacksmith whetstone recipe still.

Edit - picked up a 4 link 2 handed axe with +1 melee gems, finally.
Nice, still using a 3 link 2hander and 3link chest, found a few 5 socket chests but wrong colors and shitty links