Path of Exile

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It's funny, I have to slow down a bit on the Orich so I get a kinda full spawn. I haven't let one go on, but do those things endlessly spawn mobs? I had one with 6-8 spawners one map, usually its just the 3-4, not sure how that happened. I usually go careful with the Vers, everytime I went max I got deleted, haven't taken chance in awhile.

I almost have Abyss fully maxxed out now, had one at start of a map, and there were just as many mobs and loot as the entire map, and that's just the surafce

Doing T 16 corrupts easy now, just have a handful of maps that haven't dropped for me for bonus.

Unlocked NPC maps, but haven't started yet. I like the town mechanic so far, I'm assuming there will be a bit of gold grind to max out the thing as the 150k I had yesterday vanished after a few upgrades/recruits.

The recombinator is basically a VLT, I've thrown so much stuff in it. Ended up lucking with shield and boots so far tho. I generally just toss the failures to DE and keep dust supply high that way.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is definitely my favorite league since Metamorph and will probably be my favorite or all-time.

That said, the Petrified Amber mechanic is retarded as fuck. If you get a shitty endurance charge elite, steals charges, etc. you get absolutely fucked. Or if you get the lightning storm ones, they just instantly delete the tree, because for some stupid fucking reason each zap counts as a hit on the tree.
Laughs in frost blade

Cries in monsters action speed cannot be lowered beyond X

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finally got a 2nd chance at a Kirac Burial Chambers, I did win but died twice still. A bit overtuned if you ask me, but glad I beat it anyway. Finally made it to T16 maps and somewhere around 75/115 or whatever.

Have only had 2 raw divine drops and nowhere near as many chaos as I'm used to, but still having a blast so far.

(Played Standard during Affliction, and then Necropolis League for reference)

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If you make a second character you can use the black market to take a chance with gold and it scales the stuff down to the character that bought it. Was easy to get some rare linked gear at lvl 4 when I already had lots of gold from my first account.

The downside is if you use your low level character to ship stuff you get low level rewards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I decided to ride the struggle bus. Flame golems again and they are awful. Taking it very slow, but it is still fun. Great league.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been running Beyond and Harbingers on my Righteous Fire build and it's been great. Never had an issue with gold for the town.

Yesterday I made a blight Atlas and got some lucky Blight Map explosion drop so did Blight Maps the entire day because I really enjoy that League Mechanic. Now my town is totally out of money.

So Blight might not be a good choice if you want the town to thrive. Will have to run my other Atlas for a few hours to get a treasury up and running again.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Took me 3 years (or however long it’s been since they added them) but I did my first ball free exarch.
The quest exarch has same number of balls during that phase as normal exarch ya? I know Uber has more.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
If this is my first time playing, and I want to just fumble fuck my way through the game without any guide to start, am I utterly fucked if I decided to change things up when I hit end game? Or is there some kind of full respec option, so I can unfuck things?

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried to sells some maps I'll never run and why do they now price check with Chisels instead of Chaos?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
If this is my first time playing, and I want to just fumble fuck my way through the game without any guide to start, am I utterly fucked if I decided to change things up when I hit end game? Or is there some kind of full respec option, so I can unfuck things?
Probably the best league so far to do it. Can respec with gold in addition to the free respecs you get throughout the canpaign, and also you get orbs of regret randomly via killing monsters.

I say go for it and see how you like it, easy enough to roll a 2nd character as a worst-case, but you probably won't even have to this league.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i'd say you only get to play the game blind 1 time and it's up to you how much that's worth to you. But yea imo the likelyhood is that you'd be better off starting over with a guide for a 2nd character rather then struggle to get the respec currency neccessary is quite high. There's no free totall respec, only partial one.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finished the campaign. Now to get into the rest of the game. Though have to fix my resists again, damn -30%. How important is chaos? I had negative entire time for campaign and it was never noticeable. I assume that changes into maps?

Also for the huge tree for maps, I assume its like the passive tree and you find a guide for it?

The only real thing I could find was as my build(that firestorm and hopefully frostbolt/nova thing later), is to skip maps that reflect elemental dmg and things that sapped mana regen or leech.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Finished the campaign. Now to get into the rest of the game. Though have to fix my resists again, damn -30%. How important is chaos? I had negative entire time for campaign and it was never noticeable. I assume that changes into maps?

Also for the huge tree for maps, I assume its like the passive tree and you find a guide for it?

The only real thing I could find was as my build(that firestorm and hopefully frostbolt/nova thing later), is to skip maps that reflect elemental dmg and things that sapped mana regen or leech.
Chaos isn't a massive deal, unless you're heavily invested into Incursion type content. Anything around 0% is usually enough(and even then not even really necessary until red maps, minus a few random shitty RNG situations with elites or map bosses). But, as you grind toward the late game, you usually have enough resist on gear to start dropping elemental for chaos. I'm sitting at 34% chaos at level 88 for instance.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The currency trading in-game has been great now that chaos don't seem to be dropping as frequent on non-juiced maps. Just been taking the scarabs I don't plan on using anyway and they usually sell almost instantly. Still haven't fucked with the boat stuff yet but the trade feature alone is pretty awesome!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Finished up basically everything today except t17s. Bought frags for elder, shaper, uber elder, and feared and all its bosses. Smashed em all for the most part. Used all 6 portals on the feared, forget what mods it had but it wasn't bad ones, just not an ideal fight to stand still and hold my cast button down with 0 visibility. Still no raw div drops, and today would've been an epic currency loss overall but I got a bottled faith out of the feared run, and then 1/2 of my ice nova of frostbolts went to 21/20 and is apparently worth 6+divs so instead of -4 divs if I sell the flask and gem i'll be at +6. I threw it in to test and my tooltip only went from 142k to 147k so probably going to sell it for the profit.

Will have to decide if I want to invest more into the build or just keep playing it as is and save for a new build. Still having fun so not in a rush to reroll or anything but all my upgrades are getting to the expensive side now and when you're not dropping currency then eww.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How painful is running the lab for the 2 transfigured gems for that nova/frostbolt build? Better off just buying them or its not too bad couple runs or so for each? Before I was doing the entire maps in the lab, to get all the bonus, and keys, but for this I would just movement around and get to end asap. Though it was always a let down coming out of lab after having that speed increase shrine the entire time.

I didn't realize what they were till later research, so I only tried on the merciless lab the one time. Also does it have to be the actual gem, aka ice nova to get ice nova of frostbolts? Or just any blue?

The Helm item seems pretty cheap. 2 wands though seem a bit much to pay for me atm, and I have yet to see a profane wand drop, so I assume its just in higher content.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Tried to sells some maps I'll never run and why do they now price check with Chisels instead of Chaos?

Sometimes the economy orients itself such that people want to be paid in the thing they're trading in or as close to it as possible. Sextants were typically priced in sextants for example.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How painful is running the lab for the 2 transfigured gems for that nova/frostbolt build? Better off just buying them or its not too bad couple runs or so for each? Before I was doing the entire maps in the lab, to get all the bonus, and keys, but for this I would just movement around and get to end asap. Though it was always a let down coming out of lab after having that speed increase shrine the entire time.

I didn't realize what they were till later research, so I only tried on the merciless lab the one time. Also does it have to be the actual gem, aka ice nova to get ice nova of frostbolts? Or just any blue?

The Helm item seems pretty cheap. 2 wands though seem a bit much to pay for me atm, and I have yet to see a profane wand drop, so I assume its just in higher content.
Yeah profane wands are just a higher tier wand. I bought my ice nova of frostbolts but then I got one when I did uber lab (probably 10th lab overall, I speed ran some normals to try and get it before I bought it). The build works good as you work your way up to the gear that you actually see people using. I think I was up to red maps before I upgraded my wands, and most of my gear was cheap. I also didn't get frostbolt of wintry blast til well in to red maps, it's just a convenience movement skill but not necessary at all. I started the build as ball lightning before I got the ice nova of frostbolt gem and it was smooth too, and you basically change nothing when swapping to ice nova of frostbolts so if you want to play it i'd say just start with if you don't want to wait.

Any blue gem can get you any transfigured blue gem, green for green and red for red. Can just buy any random color gem off lani and use it over and over til you get one that's valuable or the one you want. I'd price check the results in case you get a different one that's valuable, then sell it and just use a new vendor gem for more rolls if you go the roll it yourself route.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good to know thanks. I am firestorm atm with it, and says I can do white/yellow maps with it. I just need to update my gear a bit. Been wearing the same things for so long. Need a good dex neck too, so I can wear some of the gear the guides recommends. As it seems some of the later passive trees is about buffing evasion and getting a big buff if wearing all evasion gear. Which I am not atm, as I mostly put stuff on that had the links/colors I needed and decent life/resist.

Also need a 6 link for that ice nova skill.

I will have to try for the ice nova myself it seems, just looked at prices and 100 chaos for one.