Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm at about 50% spell suppression Right now with barely any on gear. That's one of the things I'm working on now. So if that's one of the things that makes it feel tankier that's good. Although it seems like it's melee that's f****** me up course. I can't tell if that's physical or not.

As for using arcanist brand, I just don't have kita va yet

Suppression kinda sucks before 100% so yea. Take the lucky Suppression mastery until you're at 100%

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone if the recombobulator or whatever it's called can keep the shaper shield totem mod.

A good shaper shield costs a ton of divs, but it might be worthwhile buying shitty ones for 25-50c and combing them with decent ones without that mod if it can transfer?

Am I misunderstanding the mechanic? Have it unlocked, but haven't used it yet

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone if the recombobulator or whatever it's called can keep the shaper shield totem mod.

A good shaper shield costs a ton of divs, but it might be worthwhile buying shitty ones for 25-50c and combing them with decent ones without that mod if it can transfer?

Am I misunderstanding the mechanic? Have it unlocked, but haven't used it yet
It can technically keep it just be aware the word is the recombob is not as good as it used to be. Ziz talks a bit about it in this video.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Ya sure, I think that's what's disturbing is they took a cell phone game and made it 'free' and it's the most popular league eva...

I don't hate it either, but do find myself wondering why this is more popular than a more skill based playing based mechanic. Are the well documented addiction properties of this type of time gated 'game' what's driving retention? Ironic to wonder in an industry that's really only about addiction, still interesting to discuss why it's so popular compared to others.
I think it's a combination of factors as to why this league is being so well received..

A massive change to make melee builds far more viable and way the fuck less annoying.

The currency market goes without saying and should've been in the game 10 years ago, but GGG is run by fucking gaming Luddites that kept making the excuse that trading is "player interaction" and definitely not something people just bot(now they just need it for items as well).

And the final piece is the fact that the currency is "passive". Like Khane Khane said, it's a league mechanic that isn't annoying as fuck to interact with, especially at lower levels - that alone makes it already better than most. Then you just sit back, do some shit around the house, run an errand, etc. and come back to some currency, run a few maps to stockpile some gold to run your town while you sleep, and wake up to more currency before work. Sure, it'll likely add some "inflation" to the market as a whole to cancel out the passive nature of it, but it just "feels" good to wake up to some chaos, maybe a divine, etc. "Feel" matters a LOT in gaming.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
The currency market goes without saying and should've been in the game 10 years ago, but GGG is run by fucking gaming Luddites that kept making the excuse that trading is "player interaction" and definitely not something people just bot(now they just need it for items as well).
I love the currency market. I think just throwing in a gear version without tweaking things could be problematic. That said, why not just try it and see what the problems are.

It can technically keep it just be aware the word is the recombob is not as good as it used to be. Ziz talks a bit about it in this video.

Didn't watch. But I basically bought a trash shield for the totem, as it was cheap. If it's possible for that mod transfer I'll take what I can get. 20 of those shield (cheap version) and 20 similar shield with a few good mods if probably 5 div Total if that. If one of them comes out better than what I have it's an upgrade on a shield that has to have a rare mechanic.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I think just throwing in a gear version without tweaking things could be problematic.
Uh huh. That's what GGG said the longest time about an "auction house" of ANY sort.

Just make it cost GPH to keep something listed, similar to the workers - hell, you even even make it a separate "house" that requires workers to run and each worker allows you to list 10 items or whatever (skill level could increase the item limit, but the worker then costs more GPH just like a level 1 vs. a level 5 smelter). That way there's an opportunity cost there that goes against your total population if you want to use the "automated" AH. So, you can keep shit up as long as you're actively playing, but it falls off if you run out.

And of course there would still be the option to just use the website.

Khane

The gear ah wouldn't work the same way and to defend GGG isn't really necessary. Having to interact with other players to trade gear is completely fine and acceptable. Never having to deal with that for any currency is... amazing

What it really boils down to is "for x does an AH make a real, appreciable difference". For gear, probably not. For currency, holy fuck yea it does.

Buying or selling essences is so hilariously better.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sanctum was one of the less shitty mechanics.

Jonathan Frakes Oops GIF by FILMRISE

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Listen bud. It actually was. Their league mechanics have been absolute garbage forever. Kalandra? Way worse. Crucible? Fuck me. ToTA? Am I even playing my character?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The gear ah wouldn't work the same way and to defend GGG isn't really necessary. Having to interact with other players to trade gear is completely fine and acceptable. Never having to deal with that for any currency is... amazing

What it really boils down to is "for x does an AH make a real, appreciable difference". For gear, probably not. For currency, holy fuck yea it does.

Buying or selling essences is so hilariously better.
I agree with you that adding a gear AH wouldn't be as game-changing as the currency exchange and I'm fine if they never add. But the ability to still have your bullshit able to be sold while you're offline is a level of QOL I don't think you're realizing you're missing until you have it.

Furthermore, the ability to just have a "buy order" out for certain items would be amazing as well. Rather than hoping you hear the "ding" in the background that an item you're looking for just got listed.

I agree with Khane Khane . The last few league mechanics have been fucking awful to interact with. Affliction? Who needs eyes where we're going. Necropolis? How about fuck you, interact with me or else!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got a Vaal LS level 20 for 20c and got my 2nd voidstone, the ball phase is rough for me on controller but I'm happy to have it done. Likely easier on controller for ppl that are skilled, but between the things on the ground and the small gaps in the balls I can't figure it out. 🤣.

Next up is the maven 10-way for a 5th map slot, will see how much of a pain that ends up being.

Once I get more currency I will probably grab a few omens of amelioration so I can hit 100 at some point, but need to get better gear first.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Here's a simple guide on how to get past the currency challenge that requires you use a divine:

1. Get really high

2. Use a divine instead of a chaos on a meh rare by accident

3. Challenge complete

Or so I've heard.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Here's a simple guide on how to get past the currency challenge that requires you use a divine:

1. Get really high

2. Use a divine instead of a chaos on a meh rare by accident

3. Challenge complete

Or so I've heard.
:( i can see myself doing that sober.

Pirate boss seems to have too much health. Fought him for 5 mins, maybe 1/5 of his healthwas gone. Nothing he did could hurt me, but I could barely move his health bar. Decided to move on, except you can't portal from there.

So close the app on ps5 it is.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Pirate boss seems to have too much health. Fought him for 5 mins, maybe 1/5 of his healthwas gone. Nothing he did could hurt me, but I could barely move his health bar. Decided to move on, except you can't portal from there.

So close the app on ps5 it is.
Took a couple min through phases, but my health never dipped. I got one of the challenges, but I got hit with anchor once, so didn't get that.

I assume it's essentially an achievement fight, with a DPS check, that won't kill you unless you afk?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Listen bud. It actually was. Their league mechanics have been absolute garbage forever. Kalandra? Way worse. Crucible? Fuck me. ToTA? Am I even playing my character?
Am I the only one who liked synthesis

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I really liked Sanctum too although it sucks for melee. I played slam totems in Sanctum and it was amazing.

All league mechanics suck compared to Delve though.

• 1Solidarity