Path of Exile

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Trying to do Strongboxes again just for an easy starter strat, and man I miss Purity of Elements already. Is there any easy alternative to get freeze immune from opening the damned boxes? Makes me so mad when I just get locked and die!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Trying to do Strongboxes again just for an easy starter strat, and man I miss Purity of Elements already. Is there any easy alternative to get freeze immune from opening the damned boxes? Makes me so mad when I just get locked and die!

Yes, Brine King Pantheon unlock

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Press "Y" in game to see all the various Pantheon options. They are even more powerful than instilling orbs.
I kind of know how they work, just had no idea I could get freeze immune via them. I guess I need to take a look and grab a few vessels.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I kind of know how they work, just had no idea I could get freeze immune via them. I guess I need to take a look and grab a few vessels.
I mean they say it right there. Do you even read bro?

Nah I kid. I joke all the time with my friends how absolutely staggering this game must be for new players. There's the saying you don't know what you don't know. But the reverse blind side exist in that we as veterans take advantage of the accumulated knowledge we've compounded over a decade. I see it all the time in my field where I expect people to know simple algos and protocols and system design concepts.

Khane

I'll agree that this game is stupidly, overly complex and impossible to ever really unpack.

However, Pantheons and Flask management are in every single build guide ever and I just don't get how things like that can get missed.

I'm just expecting someone to ask about burning ground or bleed/corrupted blood next as if that Pantheon and that life flask mod are not also in like every build guide ever.

Kalandra was the first poe league I ever played and those 2 things were probably my first "learned memory" of this dumb game

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's a suspicion that pob is overestimating tinctures. Haven't looked into it myself, I just added it to the flask macro.

I'd rather they fix the signaling in the game before adding more gameplay elements that depend on it. Do you know when to press certain skills? Probably, but not always. A classic example is bleed flask. Do you know that those abilities are available to be pressed? Probably not, that information is almost always at the edge of the screen.

The PoB math could be slightly off, but I don't think it's by much. 120% ele damage and ~22% pen on the elemental tincture just by the raw stats, and then what, another 100% effect from warden+tree? More than 100%? I don't know how much you can find but it's a lot.

Even in my 0 tincture spec slayer LS setup pressing my ele tincture for bosses is an absolutely disgusting amount of burst damage, and I'd totally believe it's the ~50% more damage PoB claims it is.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean as a new player, the build guides usually tell you what to pick but not what they do, how to upgrade them, where they unlock etc.

You usually have to look up a separate guide for each individual thing. Or if you are following a guide based almost entirely on the Path of building thing, I have to look it all up, because it just tells you the final result, not how to get there. Like mine says take these 2 patheons, doesnt say why, where, or how. I noticed the upgrade thing, but it just says "Capture xxx", had to google exactly what that means and how you do it(which is still confusing, but I havent even gotten to maps yet, so probably why).

Khane

Yes but it told you what to do and since you aren't a drooling retard you googled it.

Not understanding how to maximize damage or defensive layers or even how support gems actually work even after googling? Yea I get that. GGG has a different understanding of the English language than the rest of us do.

But Pantheons and flasks? Come on boys...

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yes but it told you what to do and since you aren't a drooling retard you googled it.

Not understanding how to maximize damage or defensive layers or even how support gems actually work even after googling? Yea I get that. GGG has a different understanding of the English language than the rest of us do.

But Pantheons and flasks? Come on boys...
Hey fuck you man, I just suck, I'll admit that. But at the same time, I have always used the Purity of Elements crutch so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it =).

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Made over 500c just from selling off scarabs and delve shit. Those were all drops from today, and I'll probably earn all or more back again tomorrow. Don't imagine this will last.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Question.. when an item is listed for 1.2 divines, what is the .2? Chaos orbs?
That's usually what people want it in, yes. So then you have to math out the ratios to get the number of chaos that would = .2

When I list stuff for partial I usually don't get too finicky about the small margins of chaos, but there might be some people out there who get pissy if you try to "short" them a couple chaos by not using the fake ratios that nobody ever responds to etc. (or I've had people in past leagues flat out respond to whispers saying the price is higher like it'll be listed at 1.9 but they actually just want 2 divs type stuff).

• 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's crazy we still haven't gotten divine shards and a recipe to split a divine into said shards. With the currency market is much better but it's still lame.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
You can't expect someone to just read what an item says it does in game right on the item. That's crazy. They need a tutorial quest that gives you one and shows you how to put it on a flask.
"Adds an effect to a utility flask"

Hmm yeah I'll look at that later, I'll put it with my 2 oils, 3 fossils, 1 talisman, 3 abyss jewels, 2 clusters and a thing to reroll Gwennen's inventory - because my inventory is filling up with green Heist contracts.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Here we go, this is what I'm talking about!

You are either being called stupid or directed to the opaque expensive endgame solution.

Unfreeze and freeze immune is a relatively common craft on flasks, just reroll a blue quality flask of your choice to find it. A defensive flask probably that you'll activate manually.

When you have some flask orbs (these are coming for me from grain shipments in the league mechanic) you can craft on "automatically use when frozen". Problem solved.

When you have some monster capture urns drop, you can upgrade your Pantheon and use the flask slot for something else.

People saying this is in every build guide are lying.