Path of Exile

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So,

you guys were discussing the term suppression for resistance to spells earlier. How do I look that stat up? How do I build that stat up?
You can see your chance to suppress percentage on your character sheet, definitely worth getting to 100%, should make a nice difference in survivability.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What build are you playing? Like most fights, Maven gets significantly easier just by jacking your dps through the roof. Also like most of the boss fights, once you do it a few times the mechanics start becoming way easier. Minion builds (and probably totem builds to not quite the same extent) make the boss fights easier too because you only focus on dodging stuff, instead of having to try and squeeze in damage clicks between dodging.

I do agree, though, I find the bosses and all the mechanics stuff not fun at all, especially with super high cost. Uber Cortex is the only uber i've ever done, I think I tried all the others once each and just decided to hard pass on them.
Righteous Fire thats pretty decked out. But it is not the best at single target. Also it requires life regen to stand a chance.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, Nameless Seer just gave me a headhunter so now I feel less bad about still not having a raw div drop this league.

Righteous Fire thats pretty decked out. But it is not the best at single target. Also it requires life regen to stand a chance.
Ah yeah, righteous fire isn't a great boss skill, especially for maven.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha well, RF is probably the worst Maven build in the game. You can survive a beam hit on other builds by just playing safe and dodging for the duration. RF you're just dead

• 2Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just run a remove ignite flask turn turn off RF so you don't kill yourself. It still sucks

Khane

Can you actually turn off RF? Hitting the hotkey again didn't turn it off in the past. Been a while since I played RF

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you actually turn off RF? Hitting the hotkey again didn't turn it off in the past. Been a while since I played RF
Only by remove Ignite flask thing. I accidentally crafted one during the campaign and could not figure out why the hell it dropped RF all the time.

Khane

It's so weird you can't just turn it off. GGG is such a fucking weird company about certain things

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well RF was never supposed to be an actual main DPS skill is why. It was a buff for other spell damage to do burst with, not something to just leave on forever and clear maps with.

Khane

Then it makes even less sense that you can't turn it off lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Just realized that you can use the Arn's Anguish with Ralakesh's and you get full benefit of max endurance while still generating brutal charges.

Yea everyone is using that combo but I just figured you were sacrificing one of the charges for the other.

Khane

Just realized that you can use the Arn's Anguish with Ralakesh's and you get full benefit of max endurance while still generating brutal charges.

Yea everyone is using that combo but I just figured you were sacrificing one of the charges for the other.

All 3 of the Maven belts saw a big uptick after Ralakesh were changed in Affliction. Super powerful combo. Ralakesh just happen to be way more expensive now.

Ralakesh with Fenumus Toxins, badge, and Olesyas is huge damage for poison builds as well while easily stacking power charges with dirt cheap items like malachais loop

Penance

Can anyone tell me why a fractured T1 attack speed claw would be double a frac T1 crit chance of the same base? You want both stats. They're both Suffixes. Attack speed is actually a higher weight then crit chance. The way I would do the craft is just spam either crit essence, attack speed essence, cold damage essence? But there's gotta be a reason those two fractured bases are so wildly different (10d compared to 20d).

The only thing I can think of is that T1 attack speed is just more valuable to have on the claw but if that's the case rolling with zeal would be even better (since it can roll higher then t1).

I is confused.

Khane

Crit is probably easier to finish with harvest / annuls than speed is would be my guess.

You can usually figure out exactly why something like that is the case by just checking crafting guides from the popular build makers

• 2Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Going for that exact combo once I can keep my stats / resistances capped, seems like a huge dps boost for not too much currency.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can anyone tell me why a fractured T1 attack speed claw would be double a frac T1 crit chance of the same base? You want both stats. They're both Suffixes. Attack speed is actually a higher weight then crit chance. The way I would do the craft is just spam either crit essence, attack speed essence, cold damage essence? But there's gotta be a reason those two fractured bases are so wildly different (10d compared to 20d).

The only thing I can think of is that T1 attack speed is just more valuable to have on the claw but if that's the case rolling with zeal would be even better (since it can roll higher then t1).

I is confused.
Str+int on the crit craft is super handy for a right side build. And that crit craft stands up better to t1 crit than AS craft does to t1 AS.
Plus the feel only gets better with more AS so you don't want a bad roll if you can help it.

Xevy

Log Wizard

I is confused.
Crit is easy to cap, especially with claws. Attack speed (33 APS) is much harder. There's also very good crafted crit mods from Syndicate that are nearly the same as t1 crit.

There's actually a billion ways to craft claws, but I'm sure the fractured attack speed is the most visible right now. It may be the theoretical "easiest" or "cheapest", but that 100% has to do with market prices so even that's in flux. Just don't get a fractured Crit base because crit is very, very easy to cap. Attack speed or T1 prefix are the way to go.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
So what is the cheapest way to 6 link a body armor now? I finally got Pier done so I could 6 socket the one I'm going to use, but I've only got 1 Div and about 80c right now.

Mahes

You can see your chance to suppress percentage on your character sheet, definitely worth getting to 100%, should make a nice difference in survivability.
I am new to this game. I have looked all over the character sheet and do not see any stat labeled "suppression or suppress". Could you provide a screenshot as apparently I am blind. I do see percent modifiers for the elements and chaos.

This will help as my ability to survive went from kicking ass in act 5 to getting wasted in act 6.