Path of Exile

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A friend got this before work today. I only get shit from the Mirror stuff.

received_1158375412125908.png

• 3WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Uh huh. That's what GGG said the longest time about an "auction house" of ANY sort.

Just make it cost GPH to keep something listed, similar to the workers - hell, you even even make it a separate "house" that requires workers to run and each worker allows you to list 10 items or whatever (skill level could increase the item limit, but the worker then costs more GPH just like a level 1 vs. a level 5 smelter). That way there's an opportunity cost there that goes against your total population if you want to use the "automated" AH. So, you can keep shit up as long as you're actively playing, but it falls off if you run out.

And of course there would still be the option to just use the website.
This is it. The gold cost that's untradeable earned only by playing is what makes the auto trade system work, otherwise it's all bots and nolifers with API scripts warping the market.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's not from the Reflecting Mists though, that's a crafted amulet that people offer mirror service on (and was mirrored with an actual mirror)
Even with that base though how does it get that much health? Oh wait is the quality a more on metamorph currency too?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh hrmmm... well you can't get heist bases from the reflecting mist right so it was crafted and then used on an ultra rare mist and it hit 4x + and no negatives?

Jesus.

Aazrael

That's not from the Reflecting Mists though, that's a crafted amulet that people offer mirror service on (and was mirrored with an actual mirror)
I might have misunderstood his text. It might be crafted if you say so, i just assumed it was one of those mirror click stuff in maps.

Edit: Asked him and it was indeed crafted. He is a crafting autist and always make crazy shit and/or buy them.

Last edited:

Khane

Lol I was wondering how the fuck something like that even gets made and it's actually not as crazy as it seems (though super expensive)

You just craft the base you want, then hinekoras lock the reflecting mist over and over until one hits all negative and one hits all positive.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is something fucky with Sunder or is it just me ? sometimes I hit a group of enemies 4x and their HPs do not move, then I move an inch and they evaporate. Make it very unfun to play. Could it be just lag ?

Aazrael

LOL tried Maven for the first time ever. Yeaaaa fuck that shit. I'm too old for World of Warcraft mechanics with memory games and instakills.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me, there were 2 big factors in being able to take her down easily. First is ball management. The brain dude will shoot those balls that track you and then become pits of DoT, so focusing on them to keep them contained either dead center or in one specific area off to the side makes the arena muuuuuuch easier. Second, when the memory game starts, put yourself in the first quadrant (tri...drant?) standing on the side where you'll go next. You might already be doing this but for me the difference was actively *not* thinking about the first two. In other words, if the whole pattern is Right Up Left Up Left, I place myself over on the right next to the top, but in my head I'm only repeating Left Up Left.

If that still fails, then your only hope is to channel your inner monkey:

Aazrael

I got to the last Phase I think with the energy bars with small holes in them. I cant dodge that shit with other mechanics at the same time. Wasted 160 Chaos and will never try again. If I do it I will buy a carry. But I don't really need it as it only makes maps higher tier right?

Did the Fortress T17 for the extra Map slot so I think I'm pretty much done this season. Might farm maps on and off but not really anything to aim for right now.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Voidstones help with map sustain as well. Difficult to tell how much one voidstone actually matters since they shower us with maps that they had to create a (shitty) sink to automate running them.

That said, some of the best maps for certain farming strategies are naturally white maps. So you need 4 voidstones to make them drop T16.

Maven memory game still bullshit. Requires a spammable movement skill or lots of movement speed.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve gone against Uber maven with mirror tier builds. I still fucking brick it on that last phase nearly every single time, unless I one tap her. it’s the gaming equivalent of rubbing my stomach while tapping my head, I just can’t do that shit. And whenever I try to ask in guild chat about any builds that can ignore getting beamed, there really aren’t any because it just fucking disables all life recovery . That and the Sirus degen grounds are some of the most bullshit boss things in the game

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I just bought carries for 100 Chaos, fuck em! If they werent so expensive to run I would have tried to learn them but not wasting all my currency on shit mechanics.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I got to the last Phase I think with the energy bars with small holes in them. I cant dodge that shit with other mechanics at the same time. Wasted 160 Chaos and will never try again. If I do it I will buy a carry. But I don't really need it as it only makes maps higher tier right?

Did the Fortress T17 for the extra Map slot so I think I'm pretty much done this season. Might farm maps on and off but not really anything to aim for right now.
What build are you playing? Like most fights, Maven gets significantly easier just by jacking your dps through the roof. Also like most of the boss fights, once you do it a few times the mechanics start becoming way easier. Minion builds (and probably totem builds to not quite the same extent) make the boss fights easier too because you only focus on dodging stuff, instead of having to try and squeeze in damage clicks between dodging.

I do agree, though, I find the bosses and all the mechanics stuff not fun at all, especially with super high cost. Uber Cortex is the only uber i've ever done, I think I tried all the others once each and just decided to hard pass on them.

Mahes

So,

you guys were discussing the term suppression for resistance to spells earlier. How do I look that stat up? How do I build that stat up?

Penance

The debuff to turn off life recovery is just insane from a game design perspective. Such a shitty mechanic. Wouldve rather it be "you can't deal damage" for 10 seconds instead.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the Maven fight, but those beams in the last phase are not very fun as melee I found out this league, as ranged they're much more manageable.

Khane

So,

you guys were discussing the term suppression for resistance to spells earlier. How do I look that stat up? How do I build that stat up?

It's just called Spell Suppression and it can be found on the right side of the tree and on Evasion gear