Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I am new to this game. I have looked all over the character sheet and do not see any stat labeled "suppression or suppress". Could you provide a screenshot as apparently I am blind. I do see percent modifiers for the elements and chaos.

This will help as my ability to survive went from kicking ass in act 5 to getting wasted in act 6.

Path of Building app.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Screenshot_20240806_092346_Discord.jpg

Not perfect and I chose a non perfect base (3divs though) but I'm happy with the result. Spent around 10ish d total. Think I beat the odds.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I am new to this game. I have looked all over the character sheet and do not see any stat labeled "suppression or suppress". Could you provide a screenshot as apparently I am blind. I do see percent modifiers for the elements and chaos.

This will help as my ability to survive went from kicking ass in act 5 to getting wasted in act 6.
Yeah, PoE's character sheet does not show a stat if you don't have it. It would be found under the defense tab.

The biggest issue from Act 5 to 6 is ensuring your resists are capped. You get slammed with fire and ice right out of the gate there, right after you get the resist penalty from your first Kitava fight. Just try to craft enough resists onto your gear to max them as much as you can.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
PoB is the only one I use. Can share builds and downlod your info from your character in game. Can easily see "what if" I did this or that, also you can cut and paste items from the trade website and paste them into PoB and see how much of an upgrade they are.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Oh damn it. This game has a million apps I have to download. No wonder I am missing shit.

On that note, can I get a list of every app recommended?
Not home at the moment but it DOES show the suppression % in game, like someone said earlier it may NOT show up if you're at 0, though, that I'm not sure on. Definitely the defense tab about halfway down.

"Spell Damage Suppression Chance" is how it is worded.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
awakened POE trade, lets you ctrl+D an item and see what it lists for on the trade site
Chaos Recipe Enhancer, if you do the chaos recipe early, this lets you highlight and filter what you still need on the fly instead of going through filterbladez, as well as highlighting the items when you're ready to turn in.
Path of Building, importing your character doesn't automatically tick every box you need it to though, sometimes you still need to go through the configuration and check power/frenzy charges, or other things that affect your specific character, but you can import a piece of gear to see whether it would be an actual upgrade or not.

Not apps, but some helpful bookmarks I use:
poe.ninja - pricechecker
Exile Leveling - step by step directions for the campaign so I always know what the next step is and I'm not sitting around reading things or talking to NPC's. You can import a build and it will tell you what gems to buy as well.
PoE Planner - to plan out your Atlas tree
PoeMap.Trade - trade maps you have for maps you need for completion and bonus objectives. with kirac scouting reports and horizon orbs this isn't super necessary.
Syndicate Custom Cheatsheet | El rincón del Exiliado de Ayeleth - alt tab to this when you're deciding what you should do with betrayal members. This whole mechanic needs to be removed from the game, but until it is, you can also import this as a graphic into awakened poe trade so you can press a hotkey ingame to see it.
https://i.redd.it/5mkby3269no51.png - Heist members and their caps/what rewards their contracts give
Economy - poeHow - I don't use this much, but if you really want to play the market it tells you what the profit margins on certain things are. updated from poe.ninja
PoExchange - Service Listings - to buy boss carries, also click on Bulk Listings to buy things in bulk that the trade site doesn't support. This is far easier to use than TFT

Chris

Potato del Grande

Spell Supression is an endgame stat that gives a % chance to half spell damage. Ignore it.

You want Elemental Resists and Chaos Resist to reduce damage from spells which gives a percentage damage reduction.

Your gear needs to be:

#1 Be the right "color". So if you are going to put red gems into the item, it should have Armor on it. Green = Evasion, Blue = Energy Sheild. If you want two gem colors then gear that has both the matching defence stats.

#2 Have +maximum life on it. This is a common stat.

#3 Have +resists on it. Chaos resist is rarer, it's easiest to get it on Amethyst Rings.

You can fix items missing some of these things using currency and/or the crafting table in your hideout but socket colors are linked to the stats I talked about above. Adding 4 linked sockets to a good item is not difficult.

I'm following those three rules when I pick up gear and I'm lv85 and not dying ever. I leave most stuff on the floor if it doesn't work with the above.

Don't worry too much about offensive stats, that's your weapon, gems and half of your skill tree points (other half in defence).

I'm over generalising, a PoE expert will probably swoop in and say I'm wrong then overcomplicate it will endgame strats you can't do right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Spell Supression is an endgame stat that gives a % chance to half spell damage. Ignore it.

You want Elemental Resists and Chaos Resist to reduce damage from spells which gives a percentage damage reduction.

Your gear needs to be:

#1 Be the right "color". So if you are going to put red gems into the item, it should have Armor on it. Green = Evasion, Blue = Energy Sheild. If you want two gem colors then gear that has both the matching defence stats.

#3 Have +resists on it. Chaos resist is rarer, it's easiest to get it on Amethyst Rings.

You can fix items missing some of these things using currency and/or the crafting table in your hideout but socket colors are linked to the stats I talked about above. Adding 4 linked sockets to a good item is not difficult.

I'm following those three rules when I pick up gear and I'm lv85 and not dying ever. I leave most stuff on the floor if it doesn't work with the above.

Don't worry too much about offensive stats, that's your weapon, gems and half of your skill tree points (other half in defence).

I'm over generalising, a PoE expert will probably swoop in and say I'm wrong then overcomplicate it will endgame strats you can't do right now.
Good call, must have skipped the part where he is still in the campaign, suppression not really needed until probably yellow maps, sorry for the confusion!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hey I need an atlas suggestion, just about to start red maps.

I got all the major nodes to boost scarab drops and rogue exiles (unique enemies have a higher scarab chance), so I've gotten a good enough income from selling scarabs to buy my basic endgame gear.

My choice now is to pick up all the +3% scarab nodes or invest in another strategy, hopefully a bit of both.

I want to stick to things in the maps so the scarab nodes are active, so no Sanctum/Mines/Heist etc.

I have a node that gives rares extra scarab chance per modifier on them, so what mechanic spawns the most rares?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

Mobs get harder in a6 and you also lose 30% to all resistances in the switch (and another 30% to all resistances after beating act 10).

Mahes

Your gear needs to be:

Thank you,

I am quickly figuring out that I should have gone all in on resist gear. Now I have to find more gear to augment appropriately unless there is an actual way to "Craft" gear. I understand using the currency to augment what exists. I did that with my chest piece. I just messed up thinking stats were better than resists.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Thank you,

I am quickly figuring out that I should have gone all in on resist gear. Now I have to find more gear to augment appropriately unless there is an actual way to "Craft" gear. I understand using the currency to augment what exists. I did that with my chest piece. I just messed up thinking stats were better than resists.
Just slap on purity of elements instead of the damage aura for now. worry about gear after the campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Thank you,

Gear can have 3 prefixes, and 3 suffixes. You can only augment blue gear and exalt yellow (don't do this)

For your purpose find gear that is missing life and res and take them to your crafting bench. Life is a prefix and res is a suffix. You can only have one created modifier (unless multi modding, you can't afford this)

At his highest level, poe is about maximizing the gains you get of the gear and currency you find. A master player can build on the fly, swap gear and knows where his next upgrades come from. Check out Ben for top tier stuff.

When your ready learn crafting, but first get into maps and learn how to not die. Life, res, armor/evasion, supp, chaos res is what I base my upgrade order on. I did/do t16 juiced with negative chaos res. I have other layers like block etc but chaos isn't that important unless you do content with it. Avoid map mods that have extra chaos damage and that's it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just slap on purity of elements instead of the damage aura for now. worry about gear after the campaign.

This is probably the single hardest/most opaque part of PoE for any new player. What skill gems are available, where can I find them, and what do they actually do because words mean different things to GGG than other people.

After you get to Act 6 there is a quest to clear out an entire area to the left of town. After completing that quest the NPC Lilly Roth offers every skill gem in the game to purchase, which is overwhelming but worthwhile

Penance

After you get to Act 6 there is a quest to clear out an entire area to the left of town. After completing that quest the NPC Lilly Roth offers every skill gem in the game to purchase, which is overwhelming but worthwhile
I think act 3 library quest gives all gems now too?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It might, not sure about that. I never bother with that quest. I just power on to act6

elidib

Vyemm Raider
it doesn't give all of them, there's a bunch of supports it doesn't give, golems, arcanist brand, and some others.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I logged in yesterday to play this game for the second time and the graphics were completely bugged on my Xbox Series X. Everything was rainbow pixelated. That normal?

Also, I wasn't expecting melee combat to be so awkward and shitty. Is it just me?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what is the cheapest way to 6 link a body armor now? I finally got Pier done so I could 6 socket the one I'm going to use, but I've only got 1 Div and about 80c right now.

Omen of connections is 242c and dropping.