Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It'll go core with -25% max. Ok for slayers to steal, the market on forbidden flame/flesh jewels is ridiculously small as it is.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Low budget investing into block shouldn’t be overlooked either. You can get so much out of block with just a few passive points it’s worth grabbing if your build paths nearby regardless. Not something that would work in hc but my survivability in deli farming and simulacrum just shot up

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thats effectively 75% block... so that would be kind of hilarious.
Maybe. You need to invest some to get that 50% capped. And you're giving up Dawnbreaker, Rathpith, Malachai's Loop, Squire, etc. Shield slot has some competition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's why it would be hilarious. It's not better than normal max block at that point and the shield doesn't have much else going on for it. The trigger is cool but would be very niche.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Dear lord shove that in to the beastiary immediately

Stop offending my eyes with a fucking paula amulet
It has warlord influence from me warlord slamming the AoE on it so can't bestiary it into a talisman sadly. Maybe i'll try to vaal it if I can't figure out what to try selling it for/it doesn't sell.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
For the ports in town Ive been sending 2 verisium bars and 100 dust to Riben Fell on all 3 over and over while I stockpile everything else. This strategy guarantees 3 scarabs and 2 runes every single time and the scarabs can be any scarab of any rarity.

Looks like this strat is getting nerfed in the next patch, but dust should be buffing our rewards on big shipments a lot more.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Looks like this strat is getting nerfed in the next patch, but dust should be buffing our rewards on big shipments a lot more.
Huh? They haven't really nerfed that at all. All they really did is make dust apply less to the overall risk and in general just buffed dust's multiplier to shipments across the board. It'll basically be just as effective and even moreso if you include more dust now. I still think 1-2k of every crop, 2 verisium bars, and now cranking the shit out of dust is going to work best. Maybe toss in 1-2k favored bars if you want to add a little chance for some 6 links and such.

I still don't envision a scenario where distance shipments are worth it, especially when I can spam about 7 short distance ones to 1 long distance one. The fact that distance doesn't seem to have some sort of modifier is such classic GGG.

The T17 map changes are pretty good too. Addresses most of the dumber map mods.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like the t17 change is a nerf for me, cause most of the mods were ones I already ran.

The marked for death is definitely a nice change. I could power through a map with that but absolutely no chance at killing the boss.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Need help with bestiary stuff. Im only getting craicic chimeras. How do I get black borrogan , vivid watcher etc? I thought they made it where you don’t need memories to get those? What type of beast should I spec into, right now only have ‘the deep’ selected.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Need help with bestiary stuff. Im only getting craicic chimeras. How do I get black borrogan , vivid watcher etc? I thought they made it where you don’t need memories to get those? What type of beast should I spec into, right now only have ‘the deep’ selected.

All your questions answered at about 2:35

• 1Like

Khane

I tend to like Mathil builds even if I don't necessarily play them because they are generally simple without a lot of fluff or "extras".

This one... is actually ridiculous though. Anyone who's ever played poison builds in PoE knows they are strong but knows they are also slightly annoying because of ramp.

That is essentially a multiple hundreds of millions of DPS hit build... but dot based... with insanely cheap gear.

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
But is it a true mathil build, light on defense?

I tried mamba back in affliction. Even with pathfinder poison prolif, the clear was underwhelming. I think you need a critical threshold of density for the clear to feel good. Notice he's doing breach in that showcase.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I still can't stop worrying about my xp :( Really wish they left the teaching scarabs in game so I could just max it and not worry about it again.

Logged off very close to hit 96 snd not looking forward to the last couple levels. I know it isn't really necessary but I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!

• 1Solidarity

Khane

I tried mamba back in affliction. Even with pathfinder poison prolif, the clear was underwhelming. I think you need a critical threshold of density for the clear to feel good. Notice he's doing breach in that showcase.

It is a Trickster, even though its poison. He's using a Binos instead of going Pathfinder for prolif because defense. It's actually, really good.

It doesnt matter what skill it is that's applying the poison, if you think prolif isnt good then prolif just isnt good. I don't agree with that but prolif is prolif, whether its a poison Forbidden Rite build or Viper Strike of the Mamba.

Coincidentally he's streaming it right now doing ubers if you're interested.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Everyone's got their own tolerances when it comes to gameplay.

edit - I'm not doing another Glad but lucky block dual wield action would be thick as fuck with the Mamba/Bino/Perfect Agony setup.

edit edit -

Looks like 2 runes 2 scarabs instead of 2/3.

Last edited:

Khane

Everyone's got their own tolerances when it comes to gameplay.

edit - I'm not doing another Glad but lucky block dual wield action would be thick as fuck with the Mamba/Bino/Perfect Agony setup.

edit edit -

Looks like 2 runes 2 scarabs instead of 2/3.

10 bars looks to get 3 scarabs, 100 gets 4-6, and 1000 gets 10+, runes seem to be variable.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

A lot of his big damage builds are complete ass and wrist breaking for mapping/clearing.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It is a Trickster, even though its poison. He's using a Binos instead of going Pathfinder for prolif because defense. It's actually, really good.

It doesnt matter what skill it is that's applying the poison, if you think prolif isnt good then prolif just isnt good. I don't agree with that but prolif is prolif, whether its a poison Forbidden Rite build or Viper Strike of the Mamba.

Coincidentally he's streaming it right now doing ubers if you're interested.
I would say poison prolif should be used to augment clear, not as your primary means for clearing. On a projectile skill like scourge arrow, I think it has merit, but ultimately doesn't make the build.

I am perhaps picky in this regard. Or maybe not? IDK. I am quick to dismiss any build that's not conducive to smooth clearing. And what I mean by that is that I can mentally queue up a reasonable amount of buttons while clearing. If I have to correct the queue for whatever reason, stragglers, fatty rares, flasks falling off between packs, shield charge getting stuck on everything, dieing, etc, I will toss the build.

I've been looking for a league starter that will satisfy this:
  • Screen wide clear akin to ignite arc or projectile skills.
  • 100% flask uptime without a mageblood.
  • Not shit single target.