Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In classic Mathil fashion this build where he's talking about how incredibly cheap it is for the damage it puts out is no longer quite the bargain it was earlier in the day. Anyone drawn to it for the cost would probably be better served doing Pathfinder rather than paying 4d for a trash roll Binos and 35d on the flame/flesh jewels he's using. There's a mixed bag of poison prolif Mambas on poe.ninja.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
In classic Mathil fashion this build where he's talking about how incredibly cheap it is for the damage it puts out is no longer quite the bargain it was earlier in the day. Anyone drawn to it for the cost would probably be better served doing Pathfinder rather than paying 4d for a trash roll Binos and 35d on the flame/flesh jewels he's using. There's a mixed bag of poison prolif Mambas on poe.ninja.

Lol, the Binos were still only like 70c when I checked earlier.

Binos is an actual T0 that most people dont even keep (it gives a ton of dust from disenchanting) so it makes sense it went up that fast.

Khane

I would say poison prolif should be used to augment clear, not as your primary means for clearing. On a projectile skill like scourge arrow, I think it has merit, but ultimately doesn't make the build.

I am perhaps picky in this regard. Or maybe not? IDK. I am quick to dismiss any build that's not conducive to smooth clearing. And what I mean by that is that I can mentally queue up a reasonable amount of buttons while clearing. If I have to correct the queue for whatever reason, stragglers, fatty rares, flasks falling off between packs, shield charge getting stuck on everything, dieing, etc, I will toss the build.

I've been looking for a league starter that will satisfy this:
  • Screen wide clear akin to ignite arc or projectile skills.
  • 100% flask uptime without a mageblood.
  • Not shit single target.

Well... at least you know you're shooting for a different multiverse with those wants/needs.

Though the archmage heiro probably comes close excepting the flask uptime (a league starter with 100% flask uptime? bud even Pathfinders can't achieve that, flask currency is fucking expensive early)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well... at least you know you're shooting for a different multiverse with those wants/needs.

Though the archmage heiro probably comes close excepting the flask uptime (a league starter with 100% flask uptime? bud even Pathfinders can't achieve that, flask currency is fucking expensive early)
I think it says more about GGG than me. Quicksilver and Silver flasks make a huge difference in how your build feels. Especially at league start when you're stopping the most between packs to loot and you have little else that affects attack/cast/move speed.

Note that I said 100% uptime on flasks, not automated flasks. I don't mind clicking that flask macro every so often. Somewhat ironic since so much in this game is so poorly signaled(another thing I'll toss a build for, a poorly signaled gameplay loops), when to hit your flask macro is almost reliably right before the next big pack. It's not perfect, but since I know flask automation is on the horizon, worth putting up with.

Archmage heirophant was nice. I didn't like outrunning my ball lightnings, ice nova was 2 button build with an unreliable 1 button variant. I've been meaning to try some other variants when I get some more currency. I heard ball lightning of orbiting with oriath's end is pretty nice.

Khane

I think it says more about GGG than me. Quicksilver and Silver flasks make a huge difference in how your build feels. Especially at league start when you're stopping the most between packs to loot and you have little else that affects attack/cast/move speed.

Note that I said 100% uptime on flasks, not automated flasks. I don't mind clicking that flask macro every so often. Somewhat ironic since so much in this game is so poorly signaled(another thing I'll toss a build for, a poorly signaled gameplay loops), when to hit your flask macro is almost reliably right before the next big pack. It's not perfect, but since I know flask automation is on the horizon, worth putting up with.

Archmage heirophant was nice. I didn't like outrunning my ball lightnings, ice nova was 2 button build with an unreliable 1 button variant. I've been meaning to try some other variants when I get some more currency. I heard ball lightning of orbiting with oriath's end is pretty nice.

I hear what you're saying. Lots of the "clunk" of PoE is a holdover from a bygone era. Poorly copied from Diablo 2 as an homage and clinged to for no good reason considering all the other QoL upgrades we've gotten over the years.

For the flasks, you're still going to need to quality them if you want to get even close to 100% uptime (you still won't be able to as a non pathfinder) and early on Baubles are actually the limiting factor, not instilling.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A lot of his big damage builds are complete ass and wrist breaking for mapping/clearing.
I mean every build is wrist breaking when you're picking up loot.

EDIT:

Also while we're still at it, rolling maps is still the gayest thing in this game. It's the last truly shit thing I think they need to fix now that AH is in the game.

Also, I was apprehensive about Tinctures, but this is how flasks should be. I think a huge flask overhaul will be nice. Like you all said, builds just feel different with silver/quicksilver and its the reason why mageblood still reigns supreme over everything else. Headhunter and Maven belts being the only thing that compete unless you're a CDR enjoyer then you have to use a rare stygian.

Since they seem to be using POE as a playground for POE2 system maybe we'll see a flask overhaul before POE2.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
10 bars looks to get 3 scarabs, 100 gets 4-6, and 1000 gets 10+, runes seem to be variable.

I did three shipments of 111 bars 1111 dust and each was the same rewards as 2/100, sent out another trio just now so we'll see

edit - three more, still no difference between 2 and 111 bars

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All this talk about map clear and flask sustain

Wanna be a sexual tyrannosaurus? Come play chieftan slams, where we have:

screen shake
manly shouting
beef
mediocre clear
mediocre damage
0 visibility

Really tho it's better than I thought it would be. You only have 2 warcries to press manually and they have 8 charges so it's pretty infrequent. You warcry speed is so fast you can just put enduring on leftclick and not even really notice it.

Fissure hits like an average of 2.5 times with 4 branches, so actual damage is something around 10m or a bit more. That's pretty much the limit currently tho without buying/crafting a psychotically good new mace and rolling that 50% phys as extra of every element thing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm really enjoying Lightning Strike, even though it's extremely meta. Ended up sinking probably around 50Div into it, mostly because of the insane cost on First to Strike, Last to Fall gems. I've never used Whirling Blades, but it feels insanely good to use and I just toss in Frostblinks on those annoying ledges. Still doesn't feel quite as good as Leap Slam, but way the fuck better than Shield Charge.

Probably the most fun I've had on a character since Hexblast way back in Sanctum. The only thing I hate about Lightning Strike is realizing how much I fucking hate relying on leech - I much prefer good 'ole LPS/regen. Also, its whole melee/projectile interaction thing feels weird to use at times due to positioning of you/mobs. And, I hate not having the crutch of a quick lifeflask for those random big hits. You have to pray the leech happens fast enough or it's RIP.

I really thought about rolling a poison character this league, but it looks like Mathil probably fucked that up for me with the insane prices.

How are bows this league? I think the last Bow character I played was some ballista cuck way back in Legion or Blight. Do they still use Blink Arrow for travel though? I fucking hated that skill too. Goddamnit! Why is Leap Slam always the answer?

Khane

I did three shipments of 111 bars 1111 dust and each was the same rewards as 2/100, sent out another trio just now so we'll see

edit - three more, still no difference between 2 and 111 bars

Up the dust amount. It actually is a multiplier now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Need help with bestiary stuff. Im only getting craicic chimeras. How do I get black borrogan , vivid watcher etc? I thought they made it where you don’t need memories to get those? What type of beast should I spec into, right now only have ‘the deep’ selected.
I still suck as this game, I had no idea beastiary had this stuff and pretty sure I played the league.

I'm ashamed to say that I've gone to D4 for an easier game rather than untangle these endgame systems.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still can't stop worrying about my xp :( Really wish they left the teaching scarabs in game so I could just max it and not worry about it again.

Logged off very close to hit 96 snd not looking forward to the last couple levels. I know it isn't really necessary but I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!
I got to 98 and then 20% in and died. Got so mad I rage quit the Season. I do not really need more levels but something just click in my brain when I die and lose shitloads of progress. When that happens I just lose all interest in the game and go play something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I got to 98 and then 20% in and died. Got so mad I rage quit the Season. I do not really need more levels but something just click in my brain when I die and lose shitloads of progress. When that happens I just lose all interest in the game and go play something else.
Yeah losing 10% xp starts to hurt more and more the higher you get, still have to grab some of those omens to help a bit at least.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Day before yesterday they broadcast the message two level 100s died in hardcore. Was about 30 minutes apart. Someone didn't last long at the top of the ladder.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Day before yesterday they broadcast the message two level 100s died in hardcore. Was about 30 minutes apart. Someone didn't last long at the top of the ladder.
I haven't looked at the hardcore ladders or anything since I haven't played hardcore in years but lots of people void themselves on valdo's maps on normal. I'd imagine they do the same on hardcore.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The Valdo maps broadcast to the entire game when someone gets voided, so all those 'died at level 100' messages are from those - you only see the actual HC rips if you're in HC.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I hear what you're saying. Lots of the "clunk" of PoE is a holdover from a bygone era. Poorly copied from Diablo 2 as an homage and clinged to for no good reason considering all the other QoL upgrades we've gotten over the years.

For the flasks, you're still going to need to quality them if you want to get even close to 100% uptime (you still won't be able to as a non pathfinder) and early on Baubles are actually the limiting factor, not instilling.
Trust me, I'm aware of my hangup on flasks. I got gifted a mageblood in 3.23, farmed for one in 3.24, but have no plans to pay ~3x the price this time around.

GGG eventually comes around to giving many avenues of investment towards solving a problem. But in terms of the significant QoL given by Silver and Quicksilver flasks, all you have is Pathfinder or Mageblood. Tides of Time is still just a Pathfinder belt because there's no non-Pathfinder sources of passive charge generation.

The flipside is that perhaps flasks do need to be tuned down. I would hope that means the attack/cast/movement speed is added elsewhere.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If I can swing it I'm fine with just a bunch of "chance to gain a charge on hit" + "use when full" and just hope it all works out.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm easily amused. Bleed gladiator and when I use eviscerate mobs go flying off at odd angles and my character says "Impressive way to die".