Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well vorici charges 1500 for a reason heh, 600 is well below average needed. Fuck those streamers 6-linking in under 50 fuses btw.

That's because they don't make youtube videos/stream videos of the times they spend 1k fusings and get nada. I've 6linked a lot of things in under 100. Way back in the closed beta days I got a 6link vaal regalia in 3 fusings and then another one in 6. I've also dumped 1k+ into lightning coils (when they were the meta chest/fotm) and not even gotten 5links on them.

Vaal Pact is honestly worse than ES. At least ES has drawbacks you have to contend with to get the extra EHP. VP on the other hand makes you unkillable to anything except straight one shots. Once you have that ability, the only thing that matters from there is EHP and that means CI/ES.

Agreed on vaal pact but there would be more variety if it wasn't retardedly easy to get double the ES pool vs life pool which is largely due to the new tiers. If it was like... 5-7k life vs 8-10k es pools then more people might be inclined to switch things up a bit and play some variety. Instead, it's 5-7k life or 10-15k es.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The butthurt on the PoE subreddit is real. I'm personally looking forward to it.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm not. It literally does nothing for their base. And now every new idea will have to be compromised by, "Will this also work on a console?".

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of the Chris Wilson's replies to the initial post was that there would be a separate dev team for the console version and that the games would be separate. That way they wouldn't negatively change things on PC to make it work on console. We'll have to wait and see. There's already a decent amount of interest on the Xbox One subreddit.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
That's because they don't make youtube videos/stream videos of the times they spend 1k fusings and get nada. I've 6linked a lot of things in under 100. Way back in the closed beta days I got a 6link vaal regalia in 3 fusings and then another one in 6. I've also dumped 1k+ into lightning coils (when they were the meta chest/fotm) and not even gotten 5links on them.

Agreed on vaal pact but there would be more variety if it wasn't retardedly easy to get double the ES pool vs life pool which is largely due to the new tiers. If it was like... 5-7k life vs 8-10k es pools then more people might be inclined to switch things up a bit and play some variety. Instead, it's 5-7k life or 10-15k es.
You can run 13k life if you want. The real issue with this is, quite frankly, the bottom half of the tree is utter shit compared to the top half, and the top half is where all the ES happens to be. STR and STR/DEX skills are complete garbage as a general rule, every build today is based off abusing damage conversion and/or poison to double dip DPS mods, and all of the passives enabling that are in the top half of the tree.

Ryanz

<Banned>
The real sacrifice would be playing D3 as opposed to a good game :) But anyways, we'll have to see how things pan out...I can understand why everyone is concerned, and also upset about money being used to port for a console when that shouldn't be what resources from their PC base is used for. The game still has a lot of issues that needs addressing, and now they have 2 versions they will have to balance around. Sounds like a fucking mess if you ask me.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
I feel betrayed for some reason, but hey maybe people that play it on the Xbox and then realize the PC version is superior will then play the PC version. AHHHH smart mother fucker that Wilson guy is, sneaky bastard.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
First answer in the interview is good enough to know this won't matter one bit, basically, console is different servers, so shit is irrelevant. They'll do balance changes if they need for the console only, but different team, different servers, different game. It's like how D3 console issues don't affect PC version, in fact for the most part it's the other way around and console team was even smaller than PC D3 team.

The money argument is bad imo because console will bring in money that will then pay for whatever they used to make this version. And regardless, it's their money as a company, if they wanted to invest into making an entirely new game in a different genre, would people also complain that they're using PoE money for that new game? I don't rememeber anyone ever saying that about Blizzard games. The money goes into the game anyway they keep adding a ton of new shit every league, when the game is F2P. Few F2P games even add half of what PoE does, and almost all of them just add content every 6months and the rest of the time it's just RNG boxes and costumes and what not. PoE is always adding new areas, monsters, mechanics, skills and rebalancing shit.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If it doesn't fuck over PC, they can do whatever they want, the game runs like a charm compared to a year ago when it was SSD or bust. Console is going to need a lot of rebalancing, since I'm not sure how you even translate inventory/stash management without it being a huge pain and the skills are going to need some trimming. Also I can't imagine concole players being able to keep up with turbo maps with the targetting system.

After reading some of the r/pathofexile comments, wow, the people are retarded. To claim that the lack of new namelocking skills is because of the console port, instead of nobody using them is simply dumb.

Last edited:

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't mind the xbone release but I won't play it personally. I find it pretty odd though because honestly, isn't xbone on its last legs? I figure it's about time for microsoft to announce xBOx shiggidiggy. But I guess if they are then GGG can just port it to that console as well

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty sure Xbone isn't going anywhere and if Microsoft doesn't make the upgrades backwards compatible, it would be a suicide. I see no reason to buy one, ever, outside of US, but I'm confident GGG ran the numbers that porting your sole breadwinner onto a console is a smaller risk than making a new game from scratch. While they have been growing like every league, even they know there's probably only so many people interested in hardcore ARPG.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think it's cool as long as they do keep them versions separate but equal (LOL HISTORY). I have friends who love Diablo type games but don't have PCs (they own Macs because they're rich 20 year olds) but have Xbones. Hopefully they have a good multiplayer system and the looting system would DEFINITELY need to be revamped. Imagine trying to pick shit up with a thumbstick. They'll probably put in the auto-loot wisdom scroll feature that would make PoE sooooo much better already.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If they let you hoover up all currency with the same name on screen in a single click, I'd buy another supporter pack. So far they only talked about console having a default item filter though and I'm wondering how is trading going to work.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The game seems horribly suited for console but whatever. I just don't really understand how it'll function since the game spunks loot at you that you actively want to pick up it just seems like a nightmare with a controller.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I don't see why looting or gameplay would be an issue, they both work excellent in the Diablo 3 console versions.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Diablo has smart loot, the amount of straight up useless crap you have to sort through in PoE is much bigger, not to mention currencies and maps complicating the issue even further and it's not that hard to have screen literally covered in drops. Loot that.

• 1Solidarity

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would imagine GGG is going to install some kind of built in loot filters you can toggle. I've been running a super strict version and I don't see hardly any loot unless its decent.

I'm wondering how targeting will work for bosses. Map bosses and end game bosses in PoE have layers and some are raid events that require very fast targeting and reactions.