Path of Exile

Caliane

q4PyiRW.jpg

LioneyesStairs.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
3 hours till expansion announcement and "something that will change ARPG's forever" inb4 auction house lol

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Where's that gif of the guy falling off a chair in WWE when you need it, it describes my reaction to the trailer.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Am I missing what is changing ARPG's forever on that page?
I guess the way you advance the character by killing specific bosses ? The other possibility is that you don't replay any content before maps, so far pretty much everyone made you play a new game+. Possibly things in the revisited acts change based on what you did the first time

Caliane

nah. I think its this:

Act 6 IS act 1. Act 7 is act 2, act 8 is act 3, act 9 is 4 and 10 is 5.

But, things have changed. New layouts, bosses, etc. A few changes to zones. Karui have taken over the fetid pool. Theres a dock at Lionseyes watch. Undead nobles fleeing Oriath are now the drowned dead in twilight strand.

act 6 brine king. He is now in merviels spot.
Act 7. lord and legion. act 2 forest encampment has been overrun by bandits.
act 8. lunaris and solaris fighting in sarn.
act 9 renunion with the beast.
act 10. return to oriath again.

see?

so, we ARE just playing through the game twice. But they are being clever about it. mixing things up in the second playthrough. Mixing in previously existing maps, to create new zones. tower is now in prison. Beacon is now, part of cavern of anger leading to sea king fight. Rampart will probably be part of act 8 or 7.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Act 6 IS act 1. Act 7 is act 2, act 8 is act 3, act 9 is 4 and 10 is 5.

But, things have changed. New layouts, bosses, etc. A few changes to zones. Karui have taken over the fetid pool. Theres a dock at Lionseyes watch. Undead nobles fleeing Oriath are now the drowned dead in twilight strand.

act 6 brine king. He is now in merviels spot.
Act 7. lord and legion. act 2 forest encampment has been overrun by bandits.
act 8. lunaris and solaris fighting in sarn.
act 9 renunion with the beast.
act 10. return to oriath again.

see?

so, we ARE just playing through the game twice. But they are being clever about it. mixing things up in the second playthrough.

Yeah, after I watched the ZiggyD video, I agree. While most of the hardcore will give zero fucks and just blow through it in a few hours, having a coherent structure all the way to maps is going to do wonders for the casual audience. I like that they are making the world feel more like a real place instead of random maps and doubly so that more people get to see t10-15 maps along with some underused lab mechanics. Where Blizzard just let you do whatever with adventure mode and rifts, GGG is offering carefully crafted progression.

Caliane

Caliane

This article seems to have the most relevant concrete information. I'm not seeing any info on how Ascendency classes will work with the redone progression.
A good question.
two playthoughs, and maps account for 3 out of the 4 ascendancies. But we are missing one still then.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I just wish GGG would chalk the Lab up to being a failure and stop forcing us to do it. The helm implicits are too random and too good and the 4 forced runs are too many and too boring. I wish the Ascendency points were just linked to killing the A5 boss.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just wish GGG would chalk the Lab up to being a failure and stop forcing us to do it. The helm implicits are too random and too good and the 4 forced runs are too many and too boring. I wish the Ascendency points were just linked to killing the A5 boss.

I like'd the lab. I'd do every trial for a shit ton of offerings, then on a 'good' day for uber lab I'd farm it over and over. I think the best day I got was like 9 minute runs with 5 keys. I'd usually only do days with intricate lockers and sell a bunch of Death's Door boots for a shit ton of currency.

That said, this was the only season I've been on Softcore. There's little to no chance I'd take a lvl 90+ character into the lab 10 times in a row against a fully charged Izzaro. Especially after my aurabot partner D/C'd TWICE right before final Izzaro and he actually managed to kill me once. Real bummer.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
As far as daily racing for jewels, that was kind of a failure, but otherwise I like how it forces you to play at different pace. Endgame maps are mostly about zoning out and chaining as many as fast as possible. The slower speed when you do it on a new character and having to stock up on defense/mobility is good and I say that as somebody whose characters got repeatedly murdered by uber izaro before I got the last 2 ascendancy points. You don't even need max resist for early maps if you kill shit fast enough, but Izaro is fat enough you won't kill him until you have the perfect build or tweaked out gear.

I think a lot of the specifics are still up in the air, there's no reason they couldn't do 3+3+2 or something like that. I also have a feeling bandit rewards will get morphed into the pantheon system, assuming it's character specific (and I hope it is, first time progression through atlas feels good, second time you just chain good maps)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is there more than just the acts and those shitty "pantheon abilities" in the trailer? I can't watch the trailer right now.

I think it's historic that it's one play through to endgame. No difficulty levels anymore is a big paradigm shift for the genre.

I'm excited.