Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I bind my attack skill to Space and use W as move command so there's no clicking here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Oooh! space bar, good idea!
Also jeydax jeydax ill hit you up, i need some of those circle gem thingies, you know the ones that add extra meatballs? for the brutus lead sprinkler build im gonna do next. I got moneys if you got some of those skill tree gems.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
mkopec mkopec I just scrapped a Brutus build (was just farting around with it) so I have a few pieces that have your name on it. I'll be on around 5:30 central time tonight, I can jump on Discord too if you use that.

Edit: I think you're talking about the Wildfire Crimson Jewels. I have two of them for you and a few other pieces you can use.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure if you guys do this but you can bind "attack in place" to your number lock key. You can then press numlock to toggle all of your attacks being in place until you hit numlock again.

Movement skills can also be really odd if you're used to having the cursor right on top of you and can cause rubber banding. The cause of most of the hitching from movement skills is just not keeping the cursor far enough away from you most of the time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Right now I have the cyclone one to 62, almost done with the last playthrough, but I think its kind of slow. Its got tons of damage, but it feels like its slow as fuck. I watched a couple vids of the dudes that do the sprinkler and it looks like its more up my alley. more aoe, faster clear, better dps on singles too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not sure if you guys do this but you can bind "attack in place" to your number lock key. You can then press numlock to toggle all of your attacks being in place until you hit numlock again.

What do you mean by this? I dont understand.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Cyclone can be an EXTREMELY fast clear as a Pathfinder with Dying Sun (+2 projectiles) and a Ngamahu's. Honestly one of the most OP builds in the game, if built correctly. But you definitely need the right gear and flasks (in addition to Dying Sun) for it to be just stupid fast clearing. If you're not used to how Cyclone feels and works, it can be a massive pain in the ass. Running into stuff making you stop spinning/moving, etc. I personally HATE cyclone but I played a Facebreaker/Shield Charge build last league with one of my buddies and it was disgusting how fast we finished maps. His DPS was just retarded good.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
What do you mean by this? I dont understand.

1) Change the keybind of "Attack in Place" to a numerical keypad number.
2) Push and hold the keypad number you bound Attack in Place to.
3) While still holding the button for Attack in Place, turn off numlock.
4) ???
5) Profit. Attack in Place always.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just followed some guide on the forums. Forum - Marauder - (2.6) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: ☠Great For Legacy league☠ Atziri Farming,Budget,Uber Lab,Eazy - Path of Exile

Its safe as fuck, I cannot die while spinning and hitting shit, its just that its slow movement as a marauder. But Im still learning how shit works in this game. its pretty difficult for a noob to figure all this shit out. Especially the interdependence of all the 100+ or so skill and support gems that are in the game, This is why im lv62 and still not finished the last play through yet, lol.

Just got a 6L chest last night(15 chaos orbs) which helped a ton with cyclone and the added support gems.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cyclone, on top of not being a channeled skill, got its AE size adversely affected by the recent patch.

It's still pretty great. Most builds just use Inc AE as the 6th or 5th gem link. I have a Flicker Strike Trickster and I use Cyclone as my leech skill in a 5L and it does like 70kdps with my charges up and I'm just using a Terminus Est.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's still pretty great. Most builds just use Inc AE as the 6th or 5th gem link. I have a Flicker Strike Trickster and I use Cyclone as my leech skill in a 5L and it does like 70kdps with my charges up and I'm just using a Terminus Est.
The dps itself is still good, sure. But until they fix their pathing issues and collision detection and make it a channeled skill, I don't think it will "feel" like a top tier skill. You can definitely do everything with it, but it's not going to play great.

Xevy

Log Wizard
On my 6L I have:

Cyclone
blood magic
fast attack
life gain on hit
fortify
added fire dmg

Not sure if you can see what I have, any thoughts?

View Profile - Path of Exile - mkopec1

Maybe I can replace the added fire dmg and do ae support?

Your character tab is locked. There's a button on account settings and privacy I think to make your characters viewable if you so desire. Your cyclone is fine, but blood magic costs you up to like 25% DPS probably from another gem that could be there. If you could get like 1% mana leech on a jewel or a passive skill it MIGHT be enough to sustain and you can then swap blood magic out for WED, Inc Melee, or Phys to Lightning or something else. Honestly without seeing your char I can't completely diagnose it.

Deathwing, yeah you're right. Being stopped by a rock and not knowing wtf is going on is the biggest problem with Cyclone right now. But the fact you're immune to stuns during it makes it super awesome if you just keep trucking nonstop. If they ever make it channeling they'll have to seriously decrease it's inherent DPS or it'll just be too much with dudes fucking Cyclone + Firestorm(or whatever)ing everything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Your character tab is locked. There's a button on account settings and privacy I think to make your characters viewable if you so desire. Your cyclone is fine, but blood magic costs you up to like 25% DPS probably from another gem that could be there. If you could get like 1% mana leech on a jewel or a passive skill it MIGHT be enough to sustain and you can then swap blood magic out for WED, Inc Melee, or Phys to Lightning or something else. Honestly without seeing your char I can't completely diagnose it.

Deathwing, yeah you're right. Being stopped by a rock and not knowing wtf is going on is the biggest problem with Cyclone right now. But the fact you're immune to stuns during it makes it super awesome if you just keep trucking nonstop. If they ever make it channeling they'll have to seriously decrease it's inherent DPS or it'll just be too much with dudes fucking Cyclone + Firestorm(or whatever)ing everything.
ok try it now

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Deathwing, yeah you're right. Being stopped by a rock and not knowing wtf is going on is the biggest problem with Cyclone right now.

This becomes a non-issue once you get used to the cyclone playstyle and how to move around with the skill. This happens with whirling blades too when you're not used to moving around with it but once you get it down pat, it's glorious. I'd imagine shield charge is the same but i've never used it personally.