Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I had a problem with spectral throw's shape and speed. That instant where you're initially throwing out some claws and they're travelling relatively slowly, you're not leeching. That split second is really important in a game that likes to fuck you up at a moment's notice(hence why true movement skills are needed). The shape of ST was not great for picking off stragglers on the side. And definitely won't kill anyone that manages to get behind you.

Haven't tried EK, will add it to the list for 3.0.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
KB is one of the best trash clearing skills but it's not too far ahead of most of the other aoe skills once you have the proper damage and aoe for them. Probably the biggest advantage for KB in that regard goes to being able to hit mobs that are offscreen quite easily.

edit: Once you get used to spectral throws spread and stuff it's crazy good at clearspeed and you can swap to single target with just one gemswap unlike KB which requires you to use a barrage setup for single target.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Im trying the Dual Strike right now. Mara, bezerker. Man the low levels suck, im used to shit like earhquake just melting shit. 3.0 ill probably just go earthquake+warchief totem, but well see how this DS thing turns out. Still learning and trying to figure shit out.

That is what I'm doing now. How far have you taken this build?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Do merc lab
Get gloves, boots (+25% or more MS), helmet and with +75 or more hp and 60-70 combined resists, should cost like 1c each, maybe less.
5L the mace, don't link it yourself, buy it from poe trade or 6l whenver you can afford it.
The jewels you are using are trash, you want %life, but at least augment/regal the ones you have. There is no reason ever to use one line magic items when you are mapping.
Is the Spirit void node really necessary ? 1 Mana leech node was generally plenty, but YMMV

Ok, did merc lab, got the equip you mentioned (not 1c anymore, more like 2-4), lost some unneeded talents and swapped out my jewels. I'm at 6500 armor and 6100 life; but now my issue is I lost 20% DPS doing it. I am going to get a 6 link weapon that should mitigate some of that; but my clear speed is becoming an issue on some maps.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You need less duration gem in your earthquake links. I would drop the extra fenzy charge down by duelist (that's 2 points) and the 10 strength node below sanctity and put those 3 points in to Amplify up near the templar area (increased aoe and area damage) and possibly drop a 5% life node or something to grab the last 8% aoe node up there too but that's optional, could always just wait til you get another level for that one. This is assuming your profile post has updated to current.

Less duration on EQ makes a huge difference on it and the aoe will also help with clear speed since more stuff dies each time you quake. 5L marohi should be quite cheap to let you get that less duration in there. If you end up getting the 6link then that'll just be even bigger dps gains as you throw in either conc effect or melee phys or whatever 6th link (Last time I played earthquake was a while ago, not sure how the AOE on it is after the changes when using conc effect in a marohi).

Eventually you're going to want to change out those rings for ones with high life and any resists or stats you might need from them that also have weapon elemental damage instead of things like the flat phys rolls you have on them now. Flat phys rolls on jewelry are terrible for slow 2h weapons because your weapon already has super high damage so you only get like 11 or 12 dps from the 8-15 physical damage roll. This can wait though because I don't know what your budget is or anything and jewelry can start getting quite expensive when you need a bunch of things from it.

One other good upgrade would be a taste of hate flask somewhere in your lineup which provides even more physical mitigation through conversion to cold damage as well as more damage.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is me so far this league (my first league.)

So far, I think I'm doing pretty good. Having trouble getting to Shaper but I think that's mostly because I suck, not because of my character. Any tips are welcome.

(I also think my jewelry is pretty fucking nuts.)

I probably need to start using a Dying Sun to progess any more.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Interesting build, I don't think i've ever seen a spectral throw build with varunastra before. Dying sun won't help a spectral throw build out any since you shouldn't really be having issues with map clears and it will do nothing for single target. Taste of Hate would probably be a better option since you're phys based. Most of the stuff below depends on where you're running in to the roadblocks and I can get a bit more specific with some more details.

Where are you getting stuck at and what is your life/dps looking like? Are you swapping a slower proj gem for the lesser multiple projectile on big boss fights? How is your accuracy/chance to hit? Why did you go with LMP instead of GMP?

You could drop the offhand varunastra for a shield and get rid of the 4 armor/life nodes near marauder start, the armor/phys dmg one past the scion life wheel and the 2 dual wield nodes and put those 7 point in shooting up to discipline and training by the templar (would be changing 17% life and some armor for 15% life and +30 life) on top of any gains you get from the shield but this is assuming losing the accuracy from the 2nd varunstra doesn't screw your chance to hit.

If it's the guardian fights themselves that you are stuck on, I wouldn't worry about that part too much since that seems to be largely just getting used to the mechanics. I am starting to get to the point where I can kill them semi-reliably as long as the map has super easy mods (no damage mods and nothing that ruins my damage) but even then I still sometimes fail the fights. This is the first league i've fought them, I'm definitely getting better at them though. I've tried shaper once and lost all 6 of my portals on the first phase.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Ok, did merc lab, got the equip you mentioned (not 1c anymore, more like 2-4), lost some unneeded talents and swapped out my jewels. I'm at 6500 armor and 6100 life; but now my issue is I lost 20% DPS doing it. I am going to get a 6 link weapon that should mitigate some of that; but my clear speed is becoming an issue on some maps.
Now do Uber lab, there's your extra 30% damage. You might die a few times, but jugg is generally an uber lab farmer since endurance charges trivialize Izaro. You really should try to get 5L weapon and play around with your support gems to see what gives the most deeps. Less duration on EQ is pretty awesome.

View Profile - Path of Exile - klickercz This one I played back in prophecy, but it should still hold up as far as itemization goes. I think I stopped playing him around t10, since you needed a Voidheart to get anywhere in lategame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

its 50% on crit. via ascendant. Pathfinder is 100% on crit, and even then its only borderline worth getting anymore. And THAT comes with flask effect, and easy access to flask charges gained, to make it not terrible. as well as is packed with bleed remove.
Ascendant pathfinder is terrible. no flask charges, duration or effect. no status immunity, or elem dr. no penetration.

I could see elementalist+deadeye maybe. Ascendant deadeye all effects spells. which even ranger deadeye does not entirely.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
its 50% on crit. via ascendant. Pathfinder is 100% on crit, and even then its only borderline worth getting anymore. And THAT comes with flask effect, and easy access to flask charges gained, to make it not terrible. as well as is packed with bleed remove.
Ascendant pathfinder is terrible. no flask charges, duration or effect. no status immunity, or elem dr. no penetration.

I could see elementalist+deadeye maybe. Ascendant deadeye all effects spells. which even ranger deadeye does not entirely.

Weirdest one I've seen that looks really strong is Necromancer/Slayer with the Baron hat, Doon Cuebiyari, and STR stacking. Put zombies in the helm, CWC-Firestorm-Scorching Ray in the scepter, and wear a Kaom's. Give the zombies added fire and use Anger, 11 zombies will then do tons of DPS and you will pretty much permanently sit at the leech cap. You have Kaom's level HP, you get skill duration from Necromancer for Firestorm and the skill duration cluster is right next to the +1 zombie cluster that you want anyways.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a way to specify this on poe.trade? I'm looking for an item with X set of affixes, but I'll also accept items with X-1 affixes and a crafted/missing affix in the spot of the last one.

EDIT: Nevermind, the "count" option in the pulldown under the mods isn't exactly intuitive just from the name itself.

EDIT2: Still can't figure out how to tell poe.trade exactly what I want.

For example, I'd like a ring with WED, Lightning damage added to attacks, fire resist, and cold resist. Or a ring with three of those mods plus an affix(crafted or empty) that can be changed into the missing last affix.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So when you pull up the site it has all the option boxes for offense/defense/etc. and under that there is a section for Mods. Click the drop down box for that and choose the first affix you want on the item (IE elemental damage with weapons). Then udner that there is a button for Add Mod. You can Add Mod as many times as you want to get the combos you are looking for. The list of mods is ridiculously long so you're best bet for finding the things you need is to just use a primary word (elemental for WED, resist for resists, specific element for everything related to that element, etc.) It can get tricky sometimes because there are a lot of asinine categories for mods that can end up bricking the item search. For things like resists etc. you generally want the ones with Total in a green box or [pseudo] in the name. Then you can narrow the search down by putting minimums next to the mods you are looking for, so you can narrow it down to X item with 71 minimum life and/or 35 minimum fire resist etc. which will narrow down the field a lot.

I'm not sure what the max item return is but it's nowhere near enough if you don't start narrowing it down some on at least some of the mods. I generally like to start with high values since those are usually ideal and then lower it as necessary if no items are returning or the ones with the high values are too expensive.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to specify this on poe.trade? I'm looking for an item with X set of affixes, but I'll also accept items with X-1 affixes and a crafted/missing affix in the spot of the last one.

EDIT: Nevermind, the "count" option in the pulldown under the mods isn't exactly intuitive just from the name itself.

For example, I'd like a ring with WED, Lightning damage added to attacks, fire resist, and cold resist. Or a ring with three of those mods plus an affix(crafted or empty) that can be changed into the missing last affix.

which league? ill try to set it up and give you a link. Actually im not sure you can, you may just have to use the count and look through em.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider

search results