Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Korrupt Korrupt I will give you 4 sets for normal Atziri if I see you online when I get off work tonight.

Deathwing Deathwing I saw your link to that EE build with PP's and the golden shower aspect got me going! I already started gathering pieces for it but might look into other builds as well for it.

Awesome I appreciate it and will be on tonight. I have tons of everything if you guys need, especially maps which will go to waste.

Malinatar Malinatar Poets for sure is an insane boss killer with VD / Unearth, the clearing to me is kind of slow because of wands but its not that bad once you get rolling.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I bought a couple of Poet's Pens last night and was going to follow EE's guide that was posted, but then I saw this:

I feel like this can take care of both clearing and bossing at once w/o any gem swapping. Plus I can take advantage of a couple cool MTXs which honestly is the most important reason.

Edit: I found the actual guide: Forum - Marauder - [3.1] CHILL POET BERSERKER - Non Crit, Shatter, 8K+ Life, EZ Playstyle, Shaper and Guardians down, - Path of Exile

Its weird how this guy is running 7+ attacks per second, when the build I followed warned you not to exceed 3.9 or some shit without cooldown gear (5 with cooldown gear)because you will start to lose attacks and DPS. Maybe because hes using 2 attack skills per pen and they cycle?

The pens have a cooldown of ~250ms which means they can only attack 4 times per second without cooldown gear. Anyone know wtf is happening here?

Default Cooldown of Poet's Pen is 250ms or 4 per second. With cooldown gear (shaper exclusive mod) you can get as low as 200ms or 5 per second.

Therefore it's important to never have more attacks per second than the cooldown. If you attack while the spell is on cooldown nothing happens and you lose DPS. You can check cooldown by hovering the triggered spell in the hotbar.

So fully buffed with no cooldown gear you want to have 3.9 attacks or .26 attack time.

With cooldown gear 4.9 attacks or .21 attack time.

Edit: Thinking about this more maybe him stacking all that attack speed is basically doubling the 3.9 attacks per second so he does not realize every other attack is not proccing but hes still getting the 3.9 attacks per seond, just every other attack is not registering.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW, when I get this scion to 88- 90 im definitely making another pen build, this shit is just too fun. These are my first cast non mele characters ever, I usually like the mele shit and used to it and how to scale it. So its fun just leaning this shit. For instance I realized last night that the pens rely on your attack skill like frenzy to proc them, right? Well you want to stack attack speed rather than cast speed. Shits so confusing....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Seems interesting, malinatar. Berserker seems like a weak ascendancy since the nerf to VP. Is it being used just for the attack speed?

PP builds seem ultimately disappointing if they are still just the same old walk n wand. I want a PP build that uses movement skills somehow! Unearth-Bodyswap was close, but that projectile and LoS made it kinda clunky, like having to settle for leap slam.

mkopec mkopec 4APS is the limit if you only have one spell socketed.

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its weird how this guy is running 7+ attacks per second, when the build I followed warned you not to exceed 3.9 or some shit without cooldown gear (5 with cooldown gear)because you will start to lose attacks and DPS. Maybe because hes using 2 attack skills per pen and they cycle?

The pens have a cooldown of ~250ms which means they can only attack 4 times per second without cooldown gear. Anyone know wtf is happening here?

Default Cooldown of Poet's Pen is 250ms or 4 per second. With cooldown gear (shaper exclusive mod) you can get as low as 200ms or 5 per second.

Therefore it's important to never have more attacks per second than the cooldown. If you attack while the spell is on cooldown nothing happens and you lose DPS. You can check cooldown by hovering the triggered spell in the hotbar.

So fully buffed with no cooldown gear you want to have 3.9 attacks or .26 attack time.

With cooldown gear 4.9 attacks or .21 attack time.

Edit: Thinking about this more maybe him stacking all that attack speed is basically doubling the 3.9 attacks per second so he does not realize every other attack is not proccing but hes still getting the 3.9 attacks per seond, just every other attack is not registering.

That I have no idea on. Honestly once stuff starts to break down to this level, my head starts to spin. If it looks cool and seems to do reasonably well in a video..I'm GTG. Filthy casual...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What is "islands of devestation"? I got ported there in a t11 elder controlled map. Took a little while of just going from A to B to avoid whatever was on the ground but I killed whatever the boss that was there, dropped some elder items. Got popup when whatever died I got a completion bonus for that map, that I wasn't in any longer. Got shapers orb which is what I was after.

Oh whoever was looking for cold on a claw, where you looking for any cold damage or damage to spells? I rolled a t1 claw cold damage to spells.

Borzak

one of the elder's guardians

Thanks, I've had this happen at other times. Fighting a boss and you can't really see his name or what he does/resist on his name tag cause you back off a little and it kinda goes off top of screen.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks, I've had this happen at other times. Fighting a boss and you can't really see his name or what he does/resist on his name tag cause you back off a little and it kinda goes off top of screen.

If you open your Atlas (G is default) you can see where the Elder landed once you cleared enough. The off colors below on the left side of the map are his 4 guardians.

Borzak

If you open your Atlas (G is default) you can see where the Elder landed once you cleared enough. The off colors below on the left side of the map are his 4 guardians.

Thanks I never looked at the occupied by part. Elder has about 1/3 of my map and I'm at 120/154 on the map. I guess I just never picked the one by random. Only did that one cause I wanted the orb, funny I could see it had the orb and didn't notice the "occupied by".

Borzak

I know this is nothing for most everyone else, just didn't feel like endlessly rerolling just to get the map done. And no, the last 1 monster was not the boss but I honestly didn't feel like looking for him. I guess I should not be so quick to reroll some maps. Tho the one I corrupted that made it not identifiable and hidden sucked, apparently it was major reflect. Edit, NM the flask I had already was staunching.

There was a trial there, I should have announced it open to all in chat and see if they could find the one guy living.

PoE.png

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems interesting, malinatar. Berserker seems like a weak ascendancy since the nerf to VP. Is it being used just for the attack speed?

PP builds seem ultimately disappointing if they are still just the same old walk n wand. I want a PP build that uses movement skills somehow! Unearth-Bodyswap was close, but that projectile and LoS made it kinda clunky, like having to settle for leap slam.

Yeah I hear you. One build that doesn't use Poet's Pen is the Autobomber. CuteDog has a good guide for it (and no you don't need a Headhunter).

Don't think that specifically answers your question, but the end goal is probably what your looking for.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Berserker for casters has some other benefits that I was forgetting, like leech. And there's always 40% more damage. Perhaps not a "weak" ascendancy, just not as overpowered as it was with old VP.

Autobombers look interesting, but that's starting to get into territory of farming for farming's sake. And I kinda hate builds that are so focused that you can't even attempt other types of content with them(bosses).

I sold my pens, maybe time to get another set just to fart around. Or maybe save that for next league.

Caliane

what a bizarre thing to say. what about cast on attack wands, makes you think "movement skill!" And, then claim PP build suck because your dumb bodyswap build doesn't work well.

while everyone else sees the obvious. PP builds scale great with projectiles, and more importantly, lets you use ONE skill, to cast two different skills. aka, Detonate skills are great with it. Because you, and everyone else complain about have slow having to cast a setup skill, for detonates. (in addition to CoH skill)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Suck and disappointing are not the same, please don't confuse the two.

Also, I don't think it's bizarre to try to use an item that allows simultaneous casts to fix the main wand defficiency.

I think pp builds are great fun, I even said so in another post. It's a shame that it still boils down to the same walk and wand in a general direction. That cyclone build is a bit different though, if a bit limited.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I know this is nothing for most everyone else, just didn't feel like endlessly rerolling just to get the map done. And no, the last 1 monster was not the boss but I honestly didn't feel like looking for him. I guess I should not be so quick to reroll some maps. Tho the one I corrupted that made it not identifiable and hidden sucked, apparently it was major reflect. Edit, NM the flask I had already was staunching.

There was a trial there, I should have announced it open to all in chat and see if they could find the one guy living.

Once you get a strong build set up you can usually run almost any combo of mods barring a few insanely hard ones like -max + crit chance/multi + 2 extra ele damages + frenzy style stuff (and even then it's just a bit of an added risk to die). Reflect is the main thing that stops people from doing maps, the other most common thing is certain mod sets for specific bosses that make them stupid. Hardcore is a bit different since you're risking rolling a new char instead of a bit of exp.

If you corrupt a map and it goes unidentified it keeps the mods it had before you corrupted it. No real reason to corrupt an unid rare map instead of identifying it first that i'm aware of although maybe it improves the odds of it staying unid since the "no effect" roll would presumably leave it unid but why bother vaaling it if you want unid maps in that case.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Once you get a strong build set up you can usually run almost any combo of mods barring a few insanely hard ones like -max + crit chance/multi + 2 extra ele damages + frenzy style stuff (and even then it's just a bit of an added risk to die). Reflect is the main thing that stops people from doing maps, the other most common thing is certain mod sets for specific bosses that make them stupid. Hardcore is a bit different since you're risking rolling a new char instead of a bit of exp.

If you corrupt a map and it goes unidentified it keeps the mods it had before you corrupted it. No real reason to corrupt an unid rare map instead of identifying it first that i'm aware of although maybe it improves the odds of it staying unid since the "no effect" roll would presumably leave it unid but why bother vaaling it if you want unid maps in that case.

I for sure always stay away from -max res, but I know some of my guildies love it which seems insane to me. Once I hit 96 I roll maps with almost no damage mods, losing 8 hours of EXP for one tiny mistake makes me want to KMS. Right now im taking a break on my 98 from dying to added lightning damage from a bleed, the bleed also adds the lightning and it just tanked me with blood rage on.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, dots and added damage don't work that way. You probably just tanked from the bleed, was it corrupting blood?