Path of Exile

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My duelist is about the same level and tearing it up, even without any of the new gems. Went sword and board and loaded up on attack speed + life on hit + life leech. Honestly getting all defensive and hp nodes you end up getting enough dps along the way without even trying. I think with auras hes at like 60% armor mitigation, 55% evade, 40ish block and maxed resists. Big packs cleave + faster attacks + life on hit + life leech I just sit at full hp even with a shit ton of mobs and if its not dangerous I just use a fully offensive skilled lightning strike gem + conductivity curse. The bosses with the annoying auras that give huge damage can be annoying and I have to be careful though, which makes things like whirling blades and run speed nice (I agree with the above that runspeed and a QS flask can be a bigger life saver than anything else at times).

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I got life leech and ghost reaver after finally 5Ling my chest, expected to face roll maps and got spanked instantly. Stun is a real pita. Is chayula the only item which removes stun? The reduced life will fuck with my light radius, I already can't see shit with this low life build

thanks for the response Genjiro. Curious whats your DPS w/ sword and board? Dual wield has me at like 319, sword and board im @ 260. I'll look into stacking Cleave with Life on hit versus Cyclone

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I got life leech and ghost reaver after finally 5Ling my chest, expected to face roll maps and got spanked instantly. Stun is a real pita. Is chayula the only item which removes stun? The reduced life will fuck with my light radius, I already can't see shit with this low life build
I got chayula a few days ago and yeah, it enables a low life build. I got it for 4gcps. Congrats on 5Ling your chest.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Grats on 5L!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
thanks for the response Genjiro. Curious whats your DPS w/ sword and board? Dual wield has me at like 319, sword and board im @ 260. I'll look into stacking Cleave with Life on hit versus Cyclone
Cleave is around 520ish

Double Strike for my single target dps is 1408 in town right now at level 50. That's with non quality double strike + weapon elemental damage + added fire damage. I got a really nice level 37 sword from someone for 1gcp thats like 150ish damage top end and 1.7 speed. I also keep a Viper strike leveled up which is really nice for anything hit and run to heal up, or energy shield bullshit etc. It actually does really nice dps if you keep that 4 stack on since not much resists chaos damage.

Also: Grats also to the above post on the 5L, I have multiple characters about 50ish level and I still have never seen a 5L anything drop ;/

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If it makes you feel better he dumped a ton of fusings on it, it didn't drop 5L.

DMK_sl

shitlord
So it seems like everythings back to normal lag was and I've got relatively good ping..Thanks for the tips guys. Has FOH got a crew going on this or..?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just an FYI I bought 2 5L chests for between 1-3 GCP.

Also when starting a new character my advice is to stack as much rarity increasing then quantity increasing mods as possible so long as you still wear your gems. Early in the loot table is smaller so high rarity means you will have excellent chances of scoring higher currencies. I generally get at least 4-5 GCPs while leveling in normal on top of other currencies. I have found 3 exalted like this but that was over several characters into their thirties.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My recommendation is to do whatever makes sense in your first playthrough at normal difficulty and then stack survival and get carried in leveling groups doing docks/ledge etc. It's unlikely to get enough IIR/IIQ with your first char while leveling to generate enough loot to make it worth to decreased leveling speed.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just an FYI I bought 2 5L chests for between 1-3 GCP.

Also when starting a new character my advice is to stack as much rarity increasing then quantity increasing mods as possible so long as you still wear your gems. Early in the loot table is smaller so high rarity means you will have excellent chances of scoring higher currencies. I generally get at least 4-5 GCPs while leveling in normal on top of other currencies. I have found 3 exalted like this but that was over several characters into their thirties.
I don't think increased rarity affects currency, but quantity does

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Correct, Chris has stated that IIR does absolutely nothing for currency, only actual armor/weapons.

And unfortunately, neither stat has any effect on socket numbers or links. Everything related to sockets is still just totally random.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If they opened up another server with a fully featured auction house (no rmt) and gave free transfers for accounts would you guys use it?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If they opened up another server with a fully featured auction house (no rmt) and gave free transfers for accounts would you guys use it?
Fuck yes. It's the major thing missing for me. I like trading and deal hunting in these games. This has been by far the worst one I've ever played in that respect

DMK_sl

shitlord
I don't know how I feel about an AH being implemented as I feel it trivializes finding items yourself. I'm on the fence about it as I understand the positives..

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Upgrading my video card made my pretty severe hitching issues almost disappear. I was maxing out video card memory at 512mb, smooth now at 2gb, highest settings.

Switching to an SSD made the remaining hitching disappear and load times drop to a couple of seconds from 30+.

I'm pretty excited. I died on my last two races due to hitching, hopefully I'll perform better now.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea after seeing my roomates pc boot up in a few seconds on a SSD and seeing games on it, its my next purchase.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
while farming for fusings ive scrounged together quite the IIQ set, most of it can be worn at low levels too. I too heard exalts and gcps drop more at lower levels, will definitely put that to the test soon

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
the main problem im having is just not knowing what anything is worth. Today I sold a quality infernal blow gem for essentially 1 gcp, then 5 minutes later someone logs in asking to buy it for 5, just frustrating.

oh, and starkonja's cap - 50% reduced damage on low life is damage you do, not damage you take
frown.png
i'd feel more bad except i mostly paid alchs for it which i have too many of anyhow

frown.png

DMK_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know when the Cut throat mode comes in? Will we have to create new characters for it when it does? Or will we be able to bring other characters in? If so I might wait till its implemented to play it sounds honestly like nearly my perfect MMO. I was the original person to bring Path of Exile to everyones attention here at FOH and I didn't even know about that mode. SOOOOO fucken pumped.