Path of Exile

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lost my first HC char last night at level 31. : ( Defeated Vaal Oversoul without any real issues, zoned into City of Sarn, died a minute later to Perpetus who bear trapped me. I died in the time it took to figure out what happened and didn't log out in time.

I've been playing my softcore characters as is they were hardcore and seeing how far I could get without dying and of my 7 characters 3 of them first died to Perpetus. I swear he is the Loken of PoE. He isn't really hard to beat or anything which makes it all the more frustrating when you die to him.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
scrolls generally wont be an issue unless you run into my situation - specifically, too poor to buy fusings, so having to farm via yellows-> alts, which requires lots more scrolls than I usually use. The fusing situation is starting to get really frustrating. I am fine with 6L being ultra rare, it's really a luxury. But 5L is a pretty significant factor for some builds, and being without it really sucks. What's worse is, unless I have a good backup to use (not really possible for me since I use a shavronne's robe), when I am going thru the fusing process I am completely gimped between attempts since often I wont even have a 3l or 4l setup by the time i run out of fusings. I hope they either significantly up the odds of getting a 5L, or create a way to store a previous 4L fuse or something.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
ya thats what ive been trying to do but its honestly not that fast. Between some poeple still scrabbling for them I can grab maybe 5-10 per map run. I easily use many more than that in the same amount of time

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Where do you get your rares from? I usually get 2 wisdom/portal scrolls for each rare I find.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Where do you get your rares from? I usually get 2 wisdom/portal scrolls for each rare I find.
If you're actually farming items just for alts you run out of wisdom fast. Put on a bunch of item gear and do ledge runs on Normal, it's crazy fast.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Does anyone play this from the oceanic region? I find it really frustrating with the lag between clicks and actually hitting mobs...Having finished Diablo a few times and finding it pointless to play Torchlight II now as the community seems to have moved on. I really want to get into this game and be apart of its slowly growing community but I don't want to commit if its always going to be laggy. Any tips?

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does anyone play this from the oceanic region? I find it really frustrating with the lag between clicks and actually hitting mobs...Having finished Diablo a few times and finding it pointless to play Torchlight II now as the community seems to have moved on. I really want to get into this game and be apart of its slowly growing community but I don't want to commit if its always going to be laggy. Any tips?
Are you logging in through the Singapore gateway? I haven't heard complaints specifically about that region of the world.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Yeah man I've tried that still get aorund 200-300ms each attack is like .5-1 second late constantly and I just don't know how to get around it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
That's odd, isn't GGG based in New Zealand? I ahve to assume at least some(if not all) of their servers are there as well. Strange that you'd have that poor of a connection to them, being that close.

Elerion

N00b
I've been playing my softcore characters as is they were hardcore and seeing how far I could get without dying and of my 7 characters 3 of them first died to Perpetus. I swear he is the Loken of PoE. He isn't really hard to beat or anything which makes it all the more frustrating when you die to him.
Generally, unless you have a surefire plan on how not to die to Perpetus, hug the southwest wall through City of Sarn. Won't encounter him that way.

Most characters WILL die to him at the point you first encounter him.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Apparently the SEA-ME-WE3 cable to from Perth to Singapore was just fixed and some folks are already reporting much better pings although it might take time for the ISPs to blah blah blah and rabble rabble rabble.

Also, running some defrag tool can help a lot with load times:http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/28060/page/1

Edit: the below instructions are borrowed/stolen/pilfered from a reddit post by reddit user yoyo_master
Instructions for use: This is a command line tool. It takes two parameters, first: the location of the ggpk file, and second: what you want to call the defragmented output.
Steps:
Step 1: Download OP's windows executable. Place it in your Path of Exile directory.
Step 2: While inside of your Path of Exile directory, Shift+Right Click and select "Open command window here"
Step 3: Now, in that command prompt window, run the program by using the following command:
ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk Content.ggpk.defragged
This will take 5-15 minutes depending on computer speed, but when it is complete you will now have another file in your Path of Exile directory named Content.ggpk.defragged. This is the newly defragmented file.
Step 4: Now to use this new defragmented file, first rename Content.ggpk to Content.ggpk.backup (you may recieve a warning here about file extensions, ignore it).
Step 5: Rename Content.ggpk.defragged to Content.ggpk
Boom, now youre done. Load the game and enjoy faster speeds! Hope this helps some people.
Also, if for any reason you want to revert back to "stock", rename Content.ggpk to Content.ggpk.defragged and rename to Content.ggpk.backup back to Content.ggpk.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've always had it on an SSD, load times between zones are about 1 second, I usually can't even read the little message or whatever it's gone so fast. The only significant load time in the game is when it first boots, which is maybe 5 seconds tops.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Btw anyone running maps today? Just got an andvarius and my iir is over 200 now. I can bring in my culling strike/iiq gemmed skellies to make loot rain down.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I dont think so, as far as I know shield charge(Rhoas, and those shielded guards in Act 3) cannot be evaded. You have to physically move out of the path to avoid it, and with latency/desync tha way it is, you better move very early. A last minute bail-out doesn't work a lot of the time.

This is why, in my opinion, the best defense in the game is run speed. I try to never stop moving for very long.

Man my lvl 49 duelist is getting spanked lately. Im technically @ the slums in Act III cruel, but I pretty much need to grind Act 2 lvl 45/46 dungeons to survive.

Unsure what the deal is, but really getting rocked lately.