Path of Exile

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Hah, I played for 90 mins and then realized it was PoE and I'd played 200 hours of it already.

You can never go back.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nerfed version of normal malachai is still a tp fest. Like Ryanz said, it's just a tp fest (on the 2nd phase, first phase is fine). His aoe fists take up half the room and ground effects take up the other half, combined with poor visibility and a bunch of zombies trying to block your pathing. Managed to clear him tonight on my 3rd char (2nd try at malachai) but I used somewhere around 16 portals in the process.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Have call of brotherhood ring

Am herald of ice / thunder -> glacial cascade crit build

Boy not sure wutdo

Probs bank it cuz it looks like value will sky rocket in a month

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know you miss my shit eating grin.
Did you raid in Wildstar / WoW also Byrr? I wasn't sure if those dudes were the same guys but after hearing their voices that's the same Bob slop piggy and Odang. I know there was a few others on rerolled that raided with them, didn't realize they were the dudes running the HC ladder in PoE.

Started playing this over the weekend. I am a veteran d2 player but my knowledge of this game is very little. Made it to 40 on my first templar until I died in act 4
frown.png
I only play hardcore and currently I play on that new server called Tempest. Rerolled a shadow last night and got to act 3 pretty fast. I am actually following a guide this time until I learn the skill tree and mechanics better. name is Traak.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'd been purposely avoiding all info about Act 4, hadn't touched the game in several months. Fired up my level 81 Incinerate Witch on standard just to play through Act 4 Merciless and check it out.

Re-distributing my skill points, I pretty much followed my old build but it seems like I ended up with a lot less mana(I have a pre-nerf Cloak of Defiance, so mana pool for soaking damage is big for my build), but I think a lot of that was the change to Arctic Armor, reserving 20% now rather than just a constant drain(and damnit, I had the regen to cover the drain, even when moving, oh well). With Herald of Thunder, Ice, clarity, and arctic armor I only had about 300 mana left for my CoD/Mind over Matter damage absorption...that kinda sucked

Anyways, I thought the act was really well done, although I expected it to be a bit longer, it seems much shorter than the other acts.

Most of the bosses seemed to be well balanced and pretty straightforward. The only two that seemed ridiculous were the new Piety(are you just supposed to run in circles constantly to avoid that damn beam or what?) Sucks for classes that need to stand still do DPS (like my Incinerate). I don't remember the name, but when you're collecting the 3 Malachai body parts from the mini-bosses, the 1 mini-boss thats like all physical damage/EK with the mines on the ground, that shit was ridiculous. As someone who relies mostly on their arctic armor + life leech for defense, that physical damage rocked my world. I died like 5 times to that goddamned mini boss. More deaths than even all the phases of Malachai at the end combined(I died to him once until I figured out what was going on).

I can't imagine getting through the new piety and that physical mini-boss on a hardcore league, at least not without porting to town a half dozen times(which always feels like a really cheap mechanic to me, I hate to have to rely on that)

Also note that while I went into all of these fights totally blind with no knowledge of them, I was using a vastly over-leveled character that could put out about 25,000 DPS with my (phase 3)incinerate

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you raid in Wildstar / WoW also Byrr? I wasn't sure if those dudes were the same guys but after hearing their voices that's the same Bob slop piggy and Odang. I know there was a few others on rerolled that raided with them, didn't realize they were the dudes running the HC ladder in PoE.
I didnt raid with them in those, checked out of Wildstar in the beta. I think they raided with Voodoo? They would have had more running with them in WoW. Kingfly, Nihilism and Etup are the ones that come to mind.

Caliane

I think I need to learn the Filter thing. I don't like any of the ones I tried from others.

Caliane

I'll give it a check. I've found the others I tried, overly aggressive.
Playing self found, I want to see good base items, I may craft for example. An itemlevel 72+ jewelled rapier for example. Even white, I want to see it.
All superiour, want to see, in case I want to grab them and vendor for currency.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, i'm done with this game for a while I think. Ripped at 59 in cruel Grand Arena in the arena with the 3 orange guys. Killed the whirlwinder no problem, caster guy runs up and drops vaal summon skeletons on me, rip in less than 2 seconds. 2600 hps, capped resists, granite flask, couple insta-heal on low-life pots, didn't do a thing for me.

I dislike act 4 so much. The mobs do such retarded amounts of damage even when you're over-leveled and over-geared it's ridiculous. I was 5 levels over cruel dried lake and the archers chunked me for 70% if one of them got a crit, and Nightvane or whatever the orange blink-arrow one was hitting me for 90% if he crit (at least 2k damage). Normal was the same way, i'm assuming merciless is the same too.

Have any of you gotten to merciless on HC without playing Path of Flame Totem? Pretty much everyone i've talked to outside the guild used flame totem on the chars they did it with.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Act 4 damage is pretty crazy. My lvl 81 witch has 4900hp, 300ES, capped resists, about 10% armor and 25% avoidance and I was running Arctic Armor and I dropped dangerously low on health a couple times clearing zones.