Path of Exile

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I'm on the fire totem hype train now
For later in the game at like 75-80+ you might want to switch to incinerate in a spell totem. You'll see much better damage that will be needed for much tougher mobs/maps. Fire totem can totally get you to 100 if want but the change to incin/spell totem will be better and almost exactly the same tree (crit/totem cast speed if you want/totem resist/dps).

There are tons and tons of videos of both if you want some more pointers.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does the Added Chaos Damage gem drop randomly? Does anyone have an extra or is it an expensive item?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Ripped to pit map extra lightning lightning tempest double boss.

Can watch the end of the latest broadcast on my channel for the rip if you want.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Ripped to pit map extra lightning lightning tempest double boss.

Can watch the end of the latest broadcast on my channel for the rip if you want.
Deja vu, this is exactly how my first char in Tempest died this season. Locked into a pit with gates, lightning tempest buff on mobs, running around trying to avoid them.. totems kept dying and couldn't kill fast enough. I decided then I wasn't ever making a totem build again.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Dinged 90 on tempest. The game is better than ever but I couldn't sustain 75+ maps so 87-90 was one hell of a grind.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Dinged 90 on tempest. The game is better than ever but I couldn't sustain 75+ maps so 87-90 was one hell of a grind.
Yea, I map primarily solo and 76 and above was not profitable any longer. I was alc/chiseling everything on my way up and having a good ol time, but I'm not sure if 76+ is even intended to be profitable... or if the design intent is "group or bleed currency".

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Making an Atziri attempt. Expect the rip.

Update:

Vaal duo down. Glacial tempest not too bad.

Tenks

I tried to roll up a PA Ranger and I got her to 35 last night. So far it seems worse than fire totem by a fair margin. Maybe I'm not playing it right or maybe it just scales better?

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I tried to roll up a PA Ranger and I got her to 35 last night. So far it seems worse than fire totem by a fair margin. Maybe I'm not playing it right or maybe it just scales better?
Try tornado shot or split arrow with piercing.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Iirc it scales well with supports but it's pretty shit as a core skill due to all the nerfs over time. I don't really know what's the way people build PA nowadays though.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PA scales better but is weak early on. Power really comes when you can boost it above lvl 20 with empower and a +3 bow. Until then its sort of meh.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Iirc it scales well with supports but it's pretty shit as a core skill due to all the nerfs over time. I don't really know what's the way people build PA nowadays though.
I think it's similar to old-school searing bond in the sense that it doesn't require much to scale -- one of the vets on the forums/reddit posted a build for a PA solo budget MFer that he spent months working on.

Tenks

I am using this as my basic guide

Forum - Ranger - [2.0] Poison Arrow Solo Map MF'er (20/300+) - Path of Exile

I have a +2 bow waiting but it is level 64 required. I have a 4L +1 bow once she hits 40. I'm currently just using a generic 3L +phys% bow w/ PA, Conc, Slow Proj. The other issue is I have none of these jewels.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well the guide is fairly clear that leveling as PA is pretty shit and in general recommends either leveling as flame totem(boring) or at least level as non PA bow build until later(split/tornado with Death Harp is a good way to get there for cheap). Jewels are for lategame mostly, you can roll them once you have currency to spare. If you went PA from the start, you should have looked into buying a 4L Silverbranch, probably not worth shit anymore since it was nerfed to +1 instead of +2 several patches ago, but since it's fairly low lvl you can get a 4L +1bow early on, which probably helps quite a bit. Not sure how far you are from 40, probably not worth it anymore.

PA used to be awesome for leveling, even without any support, so it was nerfed quite a lot at the lower levels.

Tenks

One of my masters is selling Empower today but it costs a Divine. Looking up the price of the gem it appears to be ~15-20c. Is buying it via a Divine at all a good deal? I have no idea the value of a Divine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of my masters is selling Empower today but it costs a Divine. Looking up the price of the gem it appears to be ~15-20c. Is buying it via a Divine at all a good deal? I have no idea the value of a Divine.
Seems a divine is 15-20 chaos anyway, so doesn't make much of a difference. That's from a quick look at poe.trade, not sure if it's still relevant but should be.