Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

It's just a league game. 3 month leagues 4 a year. You start over every league and do challenges to get unique MTX (shit to make your characters look cool) ect ect. Most (all?) leagues come with balance patches and new uniques. Standard is full of weirdos and neckbeard collectors. You don't want to be a weirdo do you?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most people here will be in the temp league and can help throw others gear. One of the good things about PoE is being able to help others out with tradeable loot especially early on in leagues.

Standard if someone seriously plays it I can give you anything within reason. Its a graveyard like these guys said.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Standard also has a weird ass economy as it's basically the graveyard of the game. Should always play on the leagues.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You never know, forums have a wide "diversity" of mentalities. I wouldnt be shocked if someone here was a standard player and argued that it was the greatest league of all time :)

• 1Worf

Myst

Peasant
Would anyone have a good budget Duelist Sword/shield or Dual sword build? Looking to get back in the game tomorrow and haven't been keeping up with all the changes.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would anyone have a good budget Duelist Sword/shield or Dual sword build? Looking to get back in the game tomorrow and haven't been keeping up with all the changes.

A lot of people are going Sunder 1h this league, you can probably easily find a 1h Sunder build on the forums. I think thought a lot of them are going Zerker, since they are OP atm though.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Consider the base leagues of standard and hardcore as test beds for testing out a build before you roll it in the newly introduced league. Not to mention the economy in those base leagues is going to be fucked beyond belief. If you're not playing the new league you're basically going to be playing by yourself, in a fucked economy, and not being a part of whatever newly introduced mechanic the league provides, which in this case is the Harbringers.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Sunder - check the duelist forums. May not want to be married to sword specifically, you may find a badass axe/mace

Ryanz

<Banned>
Despite Storm Burst's lack luster looking numbers, I've still managed to get it around 150k explosion damage in PoB, not including any unique flasks or anything, and on a 4 link. Better than I thought honestly.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Despite Storm Burst's lack luster looking numbers, I've still managed to get it around 150k explosion damage in PoB, not including any unique flasks or anything, and on a 4 link. Better than I thought honestly.

That skill looks so tempting and people keep comparing to Storm Call which felt so clunky imo. I will for sure play around with it and try something out, it looks fun as hell.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea it looks fun but it might fall flat in execution. One of the problems it might run into is the same thing that scorching ray runs into. You have to basically spin in a circle to hit mobs that aren't lined up directly in front of you. Although on the surface level that might not sound too terrible, but in a fast paced game such as this, those half seconds you have to take to stop and channel the spell and spin might become annoying. Won't really know until I actually have my hands on the skill, but it's one of the gripes I've heard.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea it looks fun but it might fall flat in execution. One of the problems it might run into is the same thing that scorching ray runs into. You have to basically spin in a circle to hit mobs that aren't lined up directly in front of you. Although on the surface level that might not sound too terrible, but in a fast paced game such as this, those half seconds you have to take to stop and channel the spell and spin might become annoying. Won't really know until I actually have my hands on the skill, but it's one of the gripes I've heard.

What you described is exactly whats holding me back mentally from Scorching Ray and leaning me into RF again. Even playing EK Nova last league it felt cumbersome to shield charge into packs --> EK, that second step always felt taxing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm torn between sunder and blade vortex. I've played sunder a few times and know it's great. I also like trying new builds and haven't done BV before. Life is hard.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gladiator is awesome man, the 10% explosions are OP. You can stack the 5% unique gloves as well with Gladiator if youre going physical.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks found a good sunder build on the forums. I dont need to specifically stick with swords; it's just a preference. I know they used to provide free tree resets, and I can always swap around depending on what I find.

This build looks intereseting as well: Forum - Duelist - [2.6] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget - Path of Exile I will have to check if it is still valid for 3.0

Once the league starts no tree resets but you'll get enough respect points and regrets to back out of and reenter weapon specific nodes.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
League "starter build" videos from the pros are starting to drop.

Mathil is probably in top 5 of most knowledgeable players of the game. He's in the small group of players that establish the meta.

Oh this was great. I think the Sunder/Cyclone Duelist is a good build for me. I'm loving Sunder on the Marauder. I'm not understanding what he means by pick "Slayer" but I guess I've not gotten that far yet. I'm level 24.

Actually by the way, Sunder is so good this game is kinda easy on Normal. Is it beneficial to crank up the difficulty? Do most people start at higher difficulty?

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
League it is boys, thanks for convincing me.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users