Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Trial league mechanic update:

I've made about 100div this weekend after I put together a scuffed ass version of the zhp void sphere shenanigans. Rank 2k is just as easy as Rank 1 with this build (Hit 2k very easily and went from level 80 to 97 just in TOTA). The mechanic is kind of fun when you have a scuffed version like I do. I do not have Acrobatics because I didnt want to make a new character, so I just threw the standard gear setup on my guardian. I can still die pretty easily since I only have block/spell block and kinda gimped evasion but no spell evade.

How scuffed exactly is my char that still easily farms this mechanic? I've got ensnaring arrow in a 5L and void sphere in a 4L. Here's the POB:

A "long" round with this setup might take 2 minutes. Most rounds are over in under 1 minute.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The lack of a respawn timer is just kind of a comedy of the usual "errors" GGG makes. Every mechanic has a distinct lack of UI information when its released. Like the crucible progress bar last league. Im not sure what their testers do that they just never suggest "Hey how about a respawn timer so you know whats going on with your character and when its going to spawn in again"

GGG has a firm position that a vague UI, and a cumbersome UI is a direct contributor to the difficulty of the game. I'm sure that things like "Should we have a respawn timer?", and "Should we have more information rather than just the overlay map?" were questions asked during the design of the league, to which they were answered with "That would make it too easy".

Chris has said as such. In fact, one of the only reasons I was hoping and praying D4 would have been a fantastic game, was to put GGG in a position to add some *real* quality of life, and not bullshit.

For example, being able to identify all, or auto sorting your tabs.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How the hell do you people make so much currency. I'm lvl 94 with my RF guy and found one raw Divine and sold to make maybe 3 more total. Granted I don't know what the fuck I am doing half the time but theres such a big gap it feels unreal.

• 1Truth!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
How the hell do you people make so much currency. I'm lvl 94 with my RF guy and found one raw Divine and sold to make maybe 3 more total. Granted I don't know what the fuck I am doing half the time but theres such a big gap it feels unreal.
For any build my goal is always to get 4 watchstones and run T16 for eldritch altars cause they're good and i cant motivate myself to play magic find in low tier maps.

Then it's greatly build dependant and what can keep you mapping whitout tiering out..Which in my case excludes delirium because the grey and slow spawning mobs are annoying to me.

I also league started RF and for RF i really wanted a currency strat and map that played to RF strengths which is melee ranged legacy of fury clear so compact mobs and narrow maps.

I went with expedition, harvest and harbingers with growing hordes with 4 rusted scarabs and just random extra mob count sextants (this can be changed to a more expensive variant but would take more work on TFT):

-Expedition: RF (+fire trap) with legacy of fury boots can do any remnant mods except fire immune and the shield guys can't block you and the boots clear most everything by just running around with phase flask on. Takes selling logbooks in bulk on TFT though.
-Harvest: It also is compact so good with RF+boots and it's easy to cash out for raw divines and you make average i'd say 1/8 of a divine every time (skip plots that don't have a T3+ ie blue mob in it).
-Harbingers with the 6c map device option. Still good with boots and just exalts, ancient orbs and annuls more than make up for the 6c cost, you also get a ton of maps and fracturing shards are just the topping.

When it comes to a map for RF, i chose crimson temple because of div cards and it's adjacent to city square which is a popular map and sell in bulk of 60 for 240-280c easy. Downside is it's kind of awkward for expedition but hard to pass up a chance to get apotechary cards (dropped one 2 days ago).

The last 2 leagues i played Ek ignite and lightning arrow/Tornado shot so i farmed legion in a big open map like Dunes.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea you really want to play on your strengths to your build. I'm boneshatter so wrnt with a dimilar strat but Im doing wandering path, growing hordes, beyond, 7th gate and harvest

Khane

If meaning the currency I made with the league mechanic, the build I use cheeses the mechanic completely and runs it very fast. The league mechanic also drops a TON of raw divines. I would estimate about 30-40 of those 100div were raw div rewards. I also had a couple big unique drops (like Dialla's), some valuable div cards (4x The Nurse) and tattoos have been selling very well. I'd say it's on par with, maybe even better, than the rewards from Sanctum with the added bonus of getting the rewards at the end of each winning round rather than the rewards being all or nothing at the very end.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've made about 40 div playing super casually this league. Didn't even start until a two weeks after start. Most of my currency had been chaos to divine from bulk selling liquid currency. Only gotten a couple raw divine. And a few things that sold for a div+.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Look at you whipper snappers talking in divines. Back in my day in PoE we priced things by Ex and that's the ways we liked it damn it. Now get off my lawn.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I measure my league starts not in divines, exalts, nor chaos, but rerolls. I think I'm on my 5th. So, I'm...succeeding?

I actually went back to boneshatter. I stumbled upon Carn facetanking 2x shaper beams and shaper balls on the Tainted Pact Slayer version decided it was worth pushing through whatever issues I had with the skill.

It really helps to buy the MTX for boneshatter as it only applies to the pulse from stuns. Thus you can easily see it chaining through packs(or not) instead of having to guess whether Tribal Fury's splash is doing that same work. That default grey fart is so imperceptible it might as well not even exist.

Boneshatter will still leave stragglers on the edges of packs, but it bothers me less for some reason, idk. Slayer AoE? Lots of attack speed? I'd actually say at this point a rare not getting blown up by his adds is more annoying.

Khane

Got two of those new Random Keystone tattoos already. Should be interesting to see what happens to the prices over the coming days.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got two of those new Random Keystone tattoos already. Should be interesting to see what happens to the prices over the coming days.
Had no idea they even existed, bought one to see and it gave me eternal youth. Minus 1.4div but there's definetly some powerful possibilities with these.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Held off on doing the TotA until maps based on the feedback here, mines works surprisingly well. Not sure how far it'll go but makes short order of things so far either offense or defense.

Shitty thing though, whenever I go towards offense near the opponents towers, something causes my PC to draw in juice enough to cause my UPS to beep consistently. Nowhere else in PoE has that effect, its bizarre.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I measure my league starts not in divines, exalts, nor chaos, but rerolls. I think I'm on my 5th. So, I'm...succeeding?

I actually went back to boneshatter. I stumbled upon Carn facetanking 2x shaper beams and shaper balls on the Tainted Pact Slayer version decided it was worth pushing through whatever issues I had with the skill.

It really helps to buy the MTX for boneshatter as it only applies to the pulse from stuns. Thus you can easily see it chaining through packs(or not) instead of having to guess whether Tribal Fury's splash is doing that same work. That default grey fart is so imperceptible it might as well not even exist.

Boneshatter will still leave stragglers on the edges of packs, but it bothers me less for some reason, idk. Slayer AoE? Lots of attack speed? I'd actually say at this point a rare not getting blown up by his adds is more annoying.

I've played Carns version a couple of times in events/races/etc and it's pretty good. The slayer AoE really helps with it cleaning up during mapping but you're so reliant on leeching that I'm not sure why you'd play it at endgame over Jugg. Once you scale Jugg it just outperforms in every way, but I get why he likes Slayer for his grindfests to 90 etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've played Carns version a couple of times in events/races/etc and it's pretty good. The slayer AoE really helps with it cleaning up during mapping but you're so reliant on leeching that I'm not sure why you'd play it at endgame over Jugg. Once you scale Jugg it just outperforms in every way, but I get why he likes Slayer for his grindfests to 90 etc.
Before 3.21, I couldn't tell you why he prefers Slayer. But since then, Tainted Pact.

To be fair, Jugg has various methods of obtaining "Slayer leech". But Slayer has the only way to boost maximum recovery(note, not per second). It essentially extends your leech to a duration comfortably beyond self poison.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

I enjoyed RF a lot, but with that said it's an exceptionally slow in both movement and playstyle. PoE is a game that the more you kill the more you will get. A character that has 300% movement speed and explodes screens of mobs is going to outperform RF with 42% movement speed that damages things in a small radius around them every day.

However, there's tradeoffs. RF is going to be near unkillable in most scenarios, where as a deadeye is going to be much more fragile.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've gotten 3 to 90+ now. One even used Kitava's Thirst! (Don't!) I've also got a few more ideas if I care to fuck around with some new tech from supports/tattoos, but this mechanic just shits out so many divines it's all I do. I've become one of those players that amasses wealth then does nothing with it. The literal worst type of PoE players.

Really waiting for a week or so around these new tattoos and build makers to see what crazy shit is possible. Is Archmage back?!?! Are CI Juggs going to save 13 travel points and be even MORE ridiculous? When will the Guardian phys to ele melee builds show up and break the damage meters?!?! So much to come and people are still farting around on their currency gatherer builds.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Here I'm happy to have one character.. lol. Prob gonna buy some divines once I'm 70-80 or so to get my hexblast goin better. Can get 40 for $10 but rather pay someone here :p Only played a few seasons and feel like shit just gets more complicated as to what to focus on to.... maps..heists..metamorph seems like waste of time.

Khane

I enjoyed RF a lot, but with that said it's an exceptionally slow in both movement and playstyle. PoE is a game that the more you kill the more you will get. A character that has 300% movement speed and explodes screens of mobs is going to outperform RF with 42% movement speed that damages things in a small radius around them every day.

However, there's tradeoffs. RF is going to be near unkillable in most scenarios, where as a deadeye is going to be much more fragile.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
1693969060645.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Blown
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's crazy seeing helmets like that and just knowing some guy spent 800 divines making that and he's still going to top out at like 15m dps. Hurts my brain.

• 1Like