Patrick Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicles

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Book two was a bit excessive in the I'm awesome department, especially Dances with Adem. But we have some bad/humbling events on the horizon that have already been alluded to + the state of the narrator. Hopefully when the story catches up to the present Kvothe won't get conveniently "fixed" too quickly.

phen_sl

shitlord
Book two was a bit excessive in the I'm awesome department, especially Dances with Adem. But we have some bad/humbling events on the horizon that have already been alluded to + the state of the narrator. Hopefully when the story catches up to the present Kvothe won't get conveniently "fixed" too quickly.
I forget where I read it, but iirc, Rothfuss said the first 3 books were going to be a trilogy leading up to present day and there would be another trilogy from present day to the future.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I forget where I read it, but iirc, Rothfuss said the first 3 books were going to be a trilogy leading up to present day and there would be another trilogy from present day to the future.
Yes, except the opposite of that.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
People have asked him about doing another trilogy after KCC and he's never given a straight answer. It's a safe bet Kvothe dies in book 3.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I just finished the first book, gonna finish game of thrones book 4 before i start book 2 of KCC. This series is fricken awesome though, i found it really hard to put down, can't wait to start up book #2

I believe Rothfuss said in an interview that we should expect Kvothe's story to come to a close in the third book.

Which when you think about it does'nt tell us much
wink.png

If he can wrap up the whole narrative properly in 1 book without leaving everyone with massive blue balls, props.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Of course, that can be read as "the story Kvothe has been telling", rather than "the books starring Kvothe".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ending it all in the third book would be a bit abrupt, hopefully the story will catch up to his present and then continue.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I read an interview with him a while back where he was all like, "other people just continue writing...when I'm done with this trilogy, that's it." I think it was in response to how long the WoT series got.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
At least we know how full of shit he was when he said that books 2 and 3 were already "essentially done" back a few years ago. When you produce fiction as fast as the globe-trotting pimp known as George Martin, you might want to reconsider professions... Then again Harper lee lived off 1 fucking book that she probably didn't even actually write...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Maybe you should consider going off to fuck yourself.

They dont owe you anything you self entitled asshole.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I read an interview with him a while back where he was all like, "other people just continue writing...when I'm done with this trilogy, that's it." I think it was in response to how long the WoT series got.
I hope to Jebus this is true. I'll not start another unfinished trilogy/etc.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
At least we know how full of shit he was when he said that books 2 and 3 were already "essentially done" back a few years ago. When you produce fiction as fast as the globe-trotting pimp known as George Martin, you might want to reconsider professions... Then again Harper lee lived off 1 fucking book that she probably didn't even actually write...
Great, don't fucking post up a blog post saying your books are almost done and should be publishable within a year when it will actually take 6 or more... At least I knew with Martin that I'd be in for a wait (I only started back around 5 years ago when his penchant for doing ANYTHING than writing was already well known) same with Scott Lynch, I knew I'd be in for a long wait when he posted about his depression and his need to do things other than write...

Hey, you know what though, I love my job, I would in fact continue to work at my job even if they stopped paying me, which conveniently just so happened last month...I'm not going to pre-order a book written by someone that obviously hates writing as a career until I read reviews saying it's positive, and not just something he slogged through to get a paycheck when the second book was very iffy compared to the first.

Edit:this in response to laurariac, mobile version of this site is difficult to navigate and whatnot.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Great, don't fucking post up a blog post saying your books are almost done and should be publishable within a year when it will actually take 6 or more... At least I knew with Martin that I'd be in for a wait (I only started back around 5 years ago when his penchant for doing ANYTHING than writing was already well known) same with Scott Lynch, I knew I'd be in for a long wait when he posted about his depression and his need to do things other than write...

Hey, you know what though, I love my job, I would in fact continue to work at my job even if they stopped paying me, which conveniently just so happened last month...I'm not going to pre-order a book written by someone that obviously hates writing as a career until I read reviews saying it's positive, and not just something he slogged through to get a paycheck when the second book was very iffy compared to the first.

Edit:this in response to laurariac, mobile version of this site is difficult to navigate and whatnot.
I also enjoyed the first book more, however the second book was still pretty solid.

*cough*

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
well, at least he wrote a different book set in the same universe... I refuse to preorder it until I read that it's at least halfway decent. Writers that hate writing get no love from me. Pre-ordered Robin Hobb's 14th book in the Farseer universe/series.