PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I think it's a younger generation thing, like the guys pleading with Fatshark for microtransactions in Vermintide 2 because they are too lazy to level the character themselves.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, I kind of get it. I spent an inordinate amount of time getting a full set of Rubicite armor and 2x Ykeshas because it looked fucking cool. Or level up a half elf bard only because going super fast in a set of neon blue Lambent armor was awesome.

But the weapon skins are something no one is even going to see. Shit, I'd guess somewhere north of 50% of the time I don't even see the person killing me. If I do, there's a good chance they're 300m away.

You can't even show it off in the lobby.

So I guess I fail to see the point.

And I'll have to see how the hunter orange skins translate, but I imagine even the tiniest speck of that shit if you're hiding in a bush or grass will give away your position.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So after a patch or sometimes just randomly I get defaulted to Asian servers - I usually figure this out because 1) lobby is full of people speaking ranglish 2) I’ll get 3 - 4 kills in a round, which is unheard of for me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ha! Just noticed on pubg.op.gg that you can see the other teams and how they placed. I was going through looking to see if we'd had any pro games recently, and I fucking saw this one...

foh.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

New event is... something. At least it's not stat tracking so I can be as bad as I want to be! Unfortunately there seems to be no regions and 90% of the players are Chinese again like the old days.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally kick playing something else that wastes too much time, try to hop on this morning for a couple rounds for the first time in many months...... servers busy/down. Always a lesson in frustration with this game.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Not bad first round, adrenaline dump for no reason, 3 kills, 4th if I wasn't jittery. Damn you old man 4x games. Died to the circle, in part because I spent so long looting trying to figure out what attaches to some things and what guns are any good.

Anyone have a quick summary of DP28, Tommy Gun, Mini 14 vs just old stand bys of m416, sks, ump

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tommy gun is straight garbage, avoid it at all costs. The horizontal recoil is so bad you'll miss 90% of your shots, even if they are sitting still and you have the site right on their head.

DP28 is pretty bad unless you're prone, but it can shred vehicles and people if you can get a good prone position.

Mini 14 is pretty weak now after they nerfed it, I rarely pick it up unless there are no other options.

The rest aren't bad, and I can be successful with them, I feel they nerfed the AK too hard. It's recoil is insane now.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
3 games, 3 all original map, I feel cheated no new map. I have no idea what other new guns there are, I assume the G18 still garbage pistol and better using any of the normal semi's if you are forced? Unsure what other new guns I havnt seen since I havnt been keeping up w/ game. Did get pleasure of mid game dying to some guy with AWM and lv 3 armor, sks was doing pretty little to him meanwhile I'm eating big health packs back to back.

Xevy

Log Wizard
M4>SCAR>M16>DP>AK>UMP>Vector(extended mag only)>Uzi>Tommy Gun

Winchester is a niche gun, fun to play with and not bad on stationary targets, but doesn't really fit in the meta. Shotguns I don't know how to rank because a lot of people prefer the double barrell as you can get two shots off instantly with no recoil. The pump has more shots before reload but each pump time can be costly. The SK is just way too much recoil without a compensator.

Pistols is a toss up. P92 probably least recoil honestly, P1911 can hit hard but recoil is broken and unbearable for spamming, G17 is alright but rarer, R1985 is really hard hitting but no sight and slowest reload in game, and the Rhino/Raging Bull is pretty good if you're accurate and steady. Probably Rhino>P92>R1895>P1911>G17.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You forgot the P18C. Late game that is your best choice, since you basically can burst down people close range if you find your main weapon out of ammo

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
You forgot the P18C. Late game that is your best choice, since you basically can burst down people close range if you find your main weapon out of ammo

I called it the G17, which I guess it's actually a G18 AKA P18. It's alright, but it's basically a weaker uzi, but with option for a red dot.

How'd you get in for the new Map?

Edit: This sums up the game for me lately.

Last edited:

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
The guy got the drop on grimmz though, unless he bothered to watch the replay, I dont see why he assumed he would have won that for sure. Like by the video, I do get it's only by half a second of firing (and a smidge more seeing and lining up probably), but even fairly good FPS you still have another half second of lag behind that. I'd be interested to see the other guys health/video etc. Course I never cared for grimmz because he seems to cry a lot and bitch about deaths that were more clearly legit than this one.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
What about the sawed off? As good as the double barrel up close?

Desert map twice..... not liking it so far, some of the geometry of hills just seems infuriating. Second time died to what shouldn't have been such a big deal of a hill yet I go slipping down it like a slip and slide and 20 feet later dead.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Desert map twice..... not liking it so far, some of the geometry of hills just seems infuriating. Second time died to what shouldn't have been such a big deal of a hill yet I go slipping down it like a slip and slide and 20 feet later dead.

I'm not a fan of the desert map outside of the cities. The close quarters urban combat in towns is done really well, a lot more verticality then old map. I especially like the concrete constructions sites in Los Leones.

But out in the open terrain there's not enough cover. It's far too easy to scan an entire hillside and see people on the move.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
M4>SCAR>M16>DP>AK>UMP>Vector(extended mag only)>Uzi>Tommy Gun

Winchester is a niche gun

Interesting to see a vector below a ump. Both dry, sure but fully kitted.. my god is the vector a monster. I usually grab it 9/10 times and just run up on people all day. I use to done it with the Uzi but vector has a better effective range with burst/single.

Surprised you'd have the AK so low. I'd say m4 > ak then trickle.

AK is pretty shit beyond medium range but it's the strongest AR medium and below. It's hard to beat that damage, little recoil on the first 5 shots. Put a red dot and take over any city fighting with ease. It can essentially 2tap 2/2s as long as one is in the head.

DP is surpringly good at range but you gotta fire slow as shit but it'll def fuck someone up. Burst firing is pretty shit, spraying in cq is shit.. I'm either trying to single tap it or just letting all my bullets down range while a teammate tries to move on em.

Trick to the Winchester and Tommy, don't rely on iron sites. Tommy gun is quite beastly if you don't ads and are in a decent range. Most everyone I know who uses it pretty much 100% right clicked hold. Granted I wouldn't I don't keep it much longer until I find something to replace it.

Winchester is the same. If you rely on right click hold, it is quite pinpoint. If im ever ads, it's because some fuck is window leaning and I'm just trying to get that zoom/breath zoom. Ran many Winchester only runs, duel wieldling Winchesters yelling at people about how the West was won. Majority successful with decent kill counts, but no dinners. Only because we collect scopes smokes and chesters.

Only ever run shotgun if I have a choke, or no choice. Saw off is pretty much useful if they're in the same bedroom as you.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
3 games, 3 all original map, I feel cheated no new map. I have no idea what other new guns there are, I assume the G18 still garbage pistol and better using any of the normal semi's if you are forced? Unsure what other new guns I havnt seen since I havnt been keeping up w/ game. Did get pleasure of mid game dying to some guy with AWM and lv 3 armor, sks was doing pretty little to him meanwhile I'm eating big health packs back to back.
The other night we probably played 20 games and all but like 2 were the old map.

Then Saturday night we played another dozen and they were ALL the desert map.

Not sure what they use to pick which map, but it's fucked.

Anyway, I refuse to use shotguns after watching this video.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user