Playstation 5

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It applies to accounts in Hong Kong. But by all means keep sucking that Jinping cock you megacuck.
Well obviously? Hong Kong is part of main land china as far as everyone's concerned, it sucks but you didn't see anyone step in to tell China to fuck off when they were in the streets for 6+months. And then they passed laws to make China even stronger there and it'll likely be absorbed into China proper in a few years because no one wants to step up against China. No company is going to sell shit in China if they don't comply, so they all comply.

I wasn't defending China, I said that big corporations all end up sucking Winnie's little yellow dick so they can profit off the huge chinese market, regardless of where they stand politically. Which in itself is a joke, corporations don't have really have political alignments, they just go where they think they'll make the most money.

If that means appealing to the black demographics with a UI theme then they'll do that, barely cost them anything and you can have self righteous idiots thinking they're actually doing something "for the cause" when really they're fucking doing nothing, but they feel good about it and they buy more PS5s and that's really all that matters.

And if they notice they do actually lose a bunch of money over that? You can bet your ass people are getting fired and they'll go back to "neutral". Alhough they'll still be bowing down to China, regardless of what they say elsewhere. It's the same shit for Nike and whatever, "we're fighting for progress and equality, Black Power!" meanwhile making shoes in China, which is a much bigger shithole than the US they hate so much in that regard, but eh it's cheap labor and money is really all that matters, not the actual ideologies, those are just to make more money.

At the very least the discussion about the BLM theme is somewhat relevant if you're politically against the movement, but whining because Sony follows the CCP's procedures to sell their shit in China(and Hong Kong/Taiwan which as far as China is concerned, are also main land China, and they get to decide that apparently) when literally everyone does the exact same thing because they have no other way to do it, short of not selling in China at all. Yes they're all willing to sell their souls to the Commies so they can make more money, that's the whole fucking point, they didn't even have souls in the first place.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
It applies to accounts in Hong Kong. But by all means keep sucking that Jinping cock you megacuck.

Hong Kong and Taiwan are part of China and if you disagree then some nice asian fellows have a free trip to Mongolia for you to see their cultural sites, including a free exciting train ride

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Well obviously? Hong Kong is part of main land china as far as everyone's concerned, it sucks but you didn't see anyone step in to tell China to fuck off when they were in the streets for 6+months. And then they passed laws to make China even stronger there and it'll likely be absorbed into China proper in a few years because no one wants to step up against China. No company is going to sell shit in China if they don't comply, so they all comply.

I wasn't defending China, I said that big corporations all end up sucking Winnie's little yellow dick so they can profit off the huge chinese market, regardless of where they stand politically. Which in itself is a joke, corporations don't have really have political alignments, they just go where they think they'll make the most money.

If that means appealing to the black demographics with a UI theme then they'll do that, barely cost them anything and you can have self righteous idiots thinking they're actually doing something "for the cause" when really they're fucking doing nothing, but they feel good about it and they buy more PS5s and that's really all that matters.

And if they notice they do actually lose a bunch of money over that? You can bet your ass people are getting fired and they'll go back to "neutral". Alhough they'll still be bowing down to China, regardless of what they say elsewhere. It's the same shit for Nike and whatever, "we're fighting for progress and equality, Black Power!" meanwhile making shoes in China, which is a much bigger shithole than the US they hate so much in that regard, but eh it's cheap labor and money is really all that matters, not the actual ideologies, those are just to make more money.

At the very least the discussion about the BLM theme is somewhat relevant if you're politically against the movement, but whining because Sony follows the CCP's procedures to sell their shit in China(and Hong Kong/Taiwan which as far as China is concerned, are also main land China, and they get to decide that apparently) when literally everyone does the exact same thing because they have no other way to do it, short of not selling in China at all. Yes they're all willing to sell their souls to the Commies so they can make more money, that's the whole fucking point, they didn't even have souls in the first place.
I'm not buying the argument that Sony has to go to the lengths it does in that ToS agreement in order to business in China. It's the path of least resistance for sure - just give China exactly what they want [stripping civilians of their human rights] and gain access to their market. But if corporations were to take a stand and refuse to impose these draconian restrictions against their user base, is China just going to go back to living in the last century with no internet access, no game consoles, no sports, no anything? No, they'll cave to the pressure because they can't really be part of the modern world economy without these things.

To be fair, it's hardly just Sony who is guilty of caving to CCP demands to make a quick buck. But they're definitely part of the problem.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hong Kong is not mainland China. While it is technically connected geographically, the term "mainland China" is a political term that specifically excludes special administrative regions such as Hong Kong and Macau.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Hong Kong is not mainland China. While it is technically connected geographically, the term "mainland China" is a political term that specifically excludes special administrative regions such as Hong Kong and Macau.
You may have been in a coma for the last year but the CCP effectively ended all of that. The CCP moved to install a puppet government and institute a new Security Law that enforced mainland restrictions in Hong Kong. People in Hong Kong fought back in elections, so the CCP brought in muscle and held more elections. The people protested and pushed back; when the world supported the protests, suddenly COVID happened and the CCP let planes leave Wuhan and spread the plague.

Now Hong Kong is effectively the same as the Mainland with a Puppet government that extradites people for crimes against the Chinese people. HK democracy movement leaders had to flee Hong Kong or get disappeared, most non-collaborating Westerners had to leave, etc. The "two systems one China" policy is dead.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I'm still waiting to buy but once I do ....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
reviewers have started getting their PS5s today, no mention of when embargo date is for reviews. maybe no embargo?

xboxes have also started showing up in south america and some retailers are just letting people buy them

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

That seemed to be a foregone conclusion after the teardown video showed how easy it was to remove the case. Nice to have to option for those that want a different color.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tempting, but what they've posted on their shopify and twitter isn't quite enough for me to trust them yet. Shopify images all appear to be renders, and on Twitter they say they're using the dimensions Sony provided, but that was just LxWxH and doesn't include the curvature or the location of all the clips on the inside.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That seemed to be a foregone conclusion after the teardown video showed how easy it was to remove the case. Nice to have to option for those that want a different color.

I really like that shade of red. Pretty nice!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This is awesome. I wanted a black PS5, but now that I look at the options, the Chromatic/metal one is unique and reminds me a little of the original Playstation color. I'm only going to fool with changing the plates once, so this is a tough one.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Tempting, but what they've posted on their shopify and twitter isn't quite enough for me to trust them yet. Shopify images all appear to be renders, and on Twitter they say they're using the dimensions Sony provided, but that was just LxWxH and doesn't include the curvature or the location of all the clips on the inside.
Just take them off when you get it, grab a nice can of spray paint with your chosen color, and go to town. I’d understand if you wanted an intricate design or something, but solid colors should be easy and look fine

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When I'm actually gonna buy one, hoping for panels that make it lay flat and not look like some wobbly piece of shit art piece no one would buy if the components in it weren't a console.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When I'm actually gonna buy one, hoping for panels that make it lay flat and not look like some wobbly piece of shit art piece no one would buy if the components in it weren't a console.
It’s can lay horizontal. The circle thing moves.

8AE883C3-5F62-4DF0-AC8A-46EF564F04E2.jpeg

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yes pls stop bringing politics up when the company selling the product makes political statements

• 3Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users