Podcasts Misc

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like Dan O'Brien, because he stays in his lane. Listening to Jack and Swaim talk about politics is pretty much torture though.

Jack in particular has the fascination with Frozen as being a "two princess movie" and he completely misses why it was popular or what it innovated in the first place.
Jack and David got to the point that they just pissed me off. Especially the matrix jerkoff fests. Just Soren, Dan and Swaim is what they need.

I run the Biggest problem in the universe, BS Report, American life, Harmontown, The Best Show,James Bonding, Superego, PTI, Grantland Sport Stuff, I Was ThereToo, Flop House, War Rocket Ajax, Nightvale, Nerd Poker, the James Urbaniak pod (defunct it seems) and Thrilling Adventure Hour.

I have a job where human contact is minimal....

Goonsquad Officer
Jack and David got to the point that they just pissed me off. Especially the matrix jerkoff fests. Just Soren, Dan and Swaim is what they need.
Jack and his narcissistic rubbing-your-nose-in-his-music bullshit makes me crazy. i could listen to dan, david wong, and soren all day.

I liked the episode where dan subbed in for jack. he said he had to put hiphop in, so he did and gave the whitest explanation of the shit.

radditsu

Jack and his narcissistic rubbing-your-nose-in-his-music bullshit makes me crazy. i could listen to dan and david wong and soren all day
Yeah he is about my age and all this "groundbreaking" music he listened to was just "music" to me. I Still watch the youtube stuff but jack and david are kinda dead to me.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I recently subscribed to thePBS News Hourpodcastwhich I think is just the audio from the TV show chopped up into podcasts, and I do mean chopped. That said, I have really enjoyed it. I had almost forgotten what a real news report sounds like.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think I am about done with Cracked after that last episode. Hearing Jack O'Brien lecture about diversity was a bit much.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
For those of you that followed the case on serial new evidence has been found in the form of eye witnesses and Adnan has been granted an appeal.

In addition here is anotherpodcaston the case that's supposed to be more investigative oriented than serial was.
UndisclosedPodcast

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yikes, eyewitnesses from 15 years ago? I still don't know if I think that guy is guilty or not.

radditsu

Welp with my consumption of espn podcasts by Simmons being shot down in flames. I need to add about 3 hours or so of podcasts a week. My wife already does the PBS/Freakanomics/NPR stuff at night so stuff wIth more personality would be a plus. The new Paul F Thompkinspodcastis pretty great.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nerdist is good, it is hit or miss on people I am interested in though. Hardcore History is amazing but not exactly exciting. I like Infinite Monkey Cage, pretty funny show even if it is British. Rogan just had a good episode with Sam Harris, if that sort of thing does it for you many of Rogan's podcasts are like that.

How Did This Get Made is probably my #1podcastat the moment, I really look forward to that one more than the others. Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas (i think that's how you spell it) are hilarious.

BTW new episode of Hardcore History came out. I have listened to almost all of it. I plan to go back and completely redo the WW1 series, it is one of the best things I have ever heard.

radditsu

I do nerdist when they have someone i care about. Same with comedy bang bang. Those two can get very circle jerky. i only do how did this get made when they have a good movie. Jason and Paul always overcompnsate when the movie is weak for material.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They just did Con Air and Face Off, both were pretty much amazing. Every time Jason just says "ON BOARD" I crack the fuck up.

I tried to get into Comedy Bang Bang, I just don't get it. Like two hours of (admittedly, amazing) comedians sitting around riffing, I don't understand what to take from that.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The "From Justin To Kelly" and "Punisher: War Zone" episodes are probably my favorite from HDTGM, though when I first started listening I didn't like June that much when she was on but have really grown to miss her especially from the Con Air and Face Off episodes. Kinda wish they would include Paul F Tompkins on every episode as well, show only gets even better when they get other professional comedians on.

joz123

Potato del Grande
What Say You?is pretty good. It's Sal and Q from Impractical Jokers and the last ones they did were all on the Fast and Furious movies for the premier of 7 which they did live.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Welp with my consumption of espn podcasts by Simmons being shot down in flames. I need to add about 3 hours or so of podcasts a week. My wife already does the PBS/Freakanomics/NPR stuff at night so stuff wIth more personality would be a plus. The new Paul F Thompkinspodcastis pretty great.
If you're looking for sports podcasts NFL network has a couple I like. The ones I listen to are "The Dave Dameshek Football Program" and "Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah". Dameshek's is sort of comedy and football talk from a fan's perspective. Daniel Jeremiah is a former scout and he talks more in depth football stuff, particularly evaluating players.

I also listen to "The Vergecast" and "What's Tech" from the Verge website. The Vergecast is snarky commentary about the week's tech news by the writers at The Verge. "What's Tech" is a 15 minute explanation of a single tech related topic with someone who is an "expert" on it. Also if you want more tech stuff you can go to TWiT.tv and they have weekly podcasts on pretty much any tech related topic.

"Stuff You Should Know" is another educationalpodcastthat comes out twice a week and it's just 2 guys telling you about a random topic. It's pretty good.

radditsu

Has anybody found any decent networking pods? I sure could use a hot voiced chick talking to me about OSPF routes and Radius servers.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried to get into Comedy Bang Bang, I just don't get it. Like two hours of (admittedly, amazing) comedians sitting around riffing, I don't understand what to take from that.
Listen to the 2014 best of episodes they did at the start of this year. It's Scott and Paul together introducing the bits. More importantly they go in to how the sausage is made, which they never do in the actual show. They talk about the comedians and improvers actually playing the characters etc. The top 2 episodes are the 2 Andy Dalyverse episodes with Scott and Jason Mantzoukas hosting and doing their best to trip up Andy as he plays from 2 to about 15 characters at once, from both sides of the ultimate battle between good and evil. They do a ton of exposition, so you're not lost.

Also Brendon Small, writer/creator of Metalocalypse and Home Movies, is amazing as both Tiny and Victor. I really thought it was 2 guys the first time he was on.

when I first started listening I didn't like June that much when she was on but have really grown to miss her especially from the Con Air and Face Off episodes. Kinda wish they would include Paul F Tompkins on every episode as well, show only gets even better when they get other professional comedians on.
June doesn't bring as much as Paul and Jason directly, but she's essential as someone for them to react to. Every time she starts some crazy theory or question Paul starts to answer or interject and Jason stops him with "Wait Paul, let her finish!" because he wants to see just how ridiculous it is. Best part of any episode. TheHoward the Duckepisode was a real highlight for this.

Also I concur on PFT. He should be on every episode of everypodcast. Him and Kumail Nanjiani.

As for other podcasts to kill time?Judge John Hodgmanis fantastic. John Hodgman is hilariously quick witted and amazing at ripping the people apart without it ever really veering in to just being mean and insulting. The actual cases are pretty much irrelevant to the quality of an episode. He does actually consider everything and try to offer the "right" answer. Recent case was a husband and wife where to settle a fantasy football dispute years ago she offered to let him choose pizza toppings for as long as they were together. She thought the relationship wouldn't last long, then they got married and he stuck to it. It veers off in to his weird food quirks, her desire for bizarre pizza, his job as a professor of argumentation, and he spoiled Italian brother. Lots of ground gets covered and in the end JJHo makes the right call.

radditsu

Listen to the 2014 best of episodes they did at the start of this year. It's Scott and Paul together introducing the bits. More importantly they go in to how the sausage is made, which they never do in the actual show. They talk about the comedians and improvers actually playing the characters etc. The top 2 episodes are the 2 Andy Dalyverse episodes with Scott and Jason Mantzoukas hosting and doing their best to trip up Andy as he plays from 2 to about 15 characters at once, from both sides of the ultimate battle between good and evil. They do a ton of exposition, so you're not lost.

Also Brendon Small, writer/creator of Metalocalypse and Home Movies, is amazing as both Tiny and Victor. I really thought it was 2 guys the first time he was on.

June doesn't bring as much as Paul and Jason directly, but she's essential as someone for them to react to. Every time she starts some crazy theory or question Paul starts to answer or interject and Jason stops him with "Wait Paul, let her finish!" because he wants to see just how ridiculous it is. Best part of any episode. TheHoward the Duckepisode was a real highlight for this.

Also I concur on PFT. He should be on every episode of everypodcast. Him and Kumail Nanjiani.

As for other podcasts to kill time?Judge John Hodgmanis fantastic. John Hodgman is hilariously quick witted and amazing at ripping the people apart without it ever really veering in to just being mean and insulting. The actual cases are pretty much irrelevant to the quality of an episode. He does actually consider everything and try to offer the "right" answer. Recent case was a husband and wife where to settle a fantasy football dispute years ago she offered to let him choose pizza toppings for as long as they were together. She thought the relationship wouldn't last long, then they got married and he stuck to it. It veers off in to his weird food quirks, her desire for bizarre pizza, his job as a professor of argumentation, and he spoiled Italian brother. Lots of ground gets covered and in the end JJHo makes the right call.
As a person who listens to everything and anything Paul F Thompkins does...I did listen to the best episodes. I have tried a couple shots at Judge John Hodgeman. He is just a bit dry. Which sucks because I always love him on Thrilling Adventure Hour when he does a character.