Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Siliconemelons

Holy shit. Necrious is still playing? I remember him when he was still wearing cloth gear! Much less his time in Fish Bait and Dark Ascension with me. Jesus - to think of how many people he has seen come and go on P99.
eek.png
Necrious is insane, I love that guy- a great bro to hang out with.

Someone in DA said "Necrious is not a person, it is some form of AI experiment that has run haywire and gained its own life and now plays classic EQ until someone pulls the plug and he will cease to exist." or something to that extent because Necrious is such a beast

Shaman min/maxing is all relative as each race combo can offer actual advantages for the most part over another- SK however, in a minmax...esp once you consider no armor penalty come velious- iksar is the best choice.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a level 50 Enchanter with 2 friends about to start playing. What is our best trio option for 50+ content and why? Getting them to 50 with me will be fast and easy, so I am only worried about 50+

I was thinking Monk+Cleric+Enchanter... Was originally going to sub a Shaman for the cleric but am now thinking otherwise.

Discuss:

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have a level 7? paladin that I started years ago when Black Hand was in its inception. Problem on P99 is that everyone has a druid/enchanter/necro/WHATEVER bot and they get PL'd. Hard to find groups and double penalized (Dorf/Paladin) on exp made leveling such a pain. Have not bad gear. Would love to play again if someone would be interested in actually grouping, lol.

Or are paladins useless these days? I wouldn't mind going the way of the cleric...again.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I have a level 7? paladin that I started years ago when Black Hand was in its inception. Problem on P99 is that everyone has a druid/enchanter/necro/WHATEVER bot and they get PL'd. Hard to find groups and double penalized (Dorf/Paladin) on exp made leveling such a pain. Have not bad gear. Would love to play again if someone would be interested in actually grouping, lol.

Or are paladins useless these days? I wouldn't mind going the way of the cleric...again.
Paladins are the least popular class on the server (just below Ranger) and yeah the hybrid penalty makes people not want to group with them so much. Clerics are obviously one of the most wanted classes in the game. Shaman and Enchanter are also highly desirable for grouping, although there are a fair amount of them.

Kind of depends on what you want to do.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I'm a level 50 Enchanter with 2 friends about to start playing. What is our best trio option for 50+ content and why? Getting them to 50 with me will be fast and easy, so I am only worried about 50+

I was thinking Monk+Cleric+Enchanter... Was originally going to sub a Shaman for the cleric but am now thinking otherwise.

Discuss:
My trio (as a cleric) is Cleric/Enchanter/Shaman. Don't need a tank with the chanter charm pet and shaman just makes things easier.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone in DA said "Necrious is not a person, it is some form of AI experiment that has run haywire and gained its own life and now plays classic EQ until someone pulls the plug and he will cease to exist." or something to that extent because Necrious is such a beast
Ha, I actually got a laugh out of that! You could almost imagine that its true with how much he plays. Necrious had better attendance than anybody in DA, even the officers and Durison. DA was some really fun guild between the time everyone left Fish Bait, to when the Swedish(?) guild joined. Anybody with that much free/spare time to play EQ Classic deserves to be a beast at the game, simply cause he has the best gear at all times. He was the first Necro on P99 to get the Necro Epic too, I believe.

I havent played since right before Sky's release, but we had killed IB off and TMO was just starting up. Hard to believe people put IB back together after all the shit that happened, and DA vanished without a trace.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Necrious is still hittin hard. Like what, 76-77% attendance in TMO over the entire duration of the guild? Bananas. Doesn't even post tracking anymore, and hasn't asked for a loot in like, what, a year? We'll force that sow sword down his damn rogue's throat :p

As far as minmaxing goes, Ogre has serious benefits for shaman soloing. Iksar is better for afking with lich? Heh. For just hanging out with arch lich (veli) you can just click your soul well staff on your eyeball (dem beads). It's irrelevant for raiding, though. Race has no real bearing on raiding for any of the classes. Hide pulling used to be enormous on my halfling, RIP hide pulling.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I used soul well & eye alot on live, but it is really hard for a raid full of people to resist smacking an eye, and the staff takes awhile to cast.

Siliconemelons

Ha, I actually got a laugh out of that! You could almost imagine that its true with how much he plays. Necrious had better attendance than anybody in DA, even the officers and Durison. DA was some really fun guild between the time everyone left Fish Bait, to when the Swedish(?) guild joined. Anybody with that much free/spare time to play EQ Classic deserves to be a beast at the game, simply cause he has the best gear at all times. He was the first Necro on P99 to get the Necro Epic too, I believe.

I havent played since right before Sky's release, but we had killed IB off and TMO was just starting up. Hard to believe people put IB back together after all the shit that happened, and DA vanished without a trace.
DA is now TMO, well that's the chain of merge/takeover etc.... but with the fusion mess and the TMO recent-ish mess- DA souls are currently mostly split TMO and IB

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
DA is now TMO, well that's the chain of merge/takeover etc.... but with the fusion mess and the TMO recent-ish mess- DA souls are currently mostly split TMO and IB
We've lost the french, mostly. Nothing of value :p And picked up the old FE scum (like meeee)

Siliconemelons

We've lost the french, mostly. Nothing of value :p And picked up the old FE scum (like meeee)
As long as its old FE that where old IB- etc :) I respected them on the battlefield - those DA vs IB days where 110% classic EQ... when you tell your grandchildren the war stories from those times you can hold your head proudly! lol

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Always thought it was curious how people bitched about moon cats but never said shit about evil lizards.
Iksar are the master race. That said I have always liked the Iksar just because of the way they look, Cabilis , and Kunark were all my favorite area's. They have always been my favorite race and would make them even with out the regen which likely helps a lot but I never noticed unless sitting.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Paladins are the least popular class on the server (just below Ranger) and yeah the hybrid penalty makes people not want to group with them so much. Clerics are obviously one of the most wanted classes in the game. Shaman and Enchanter are also highly desirable for grouping, although there are a fair amount of them.

Kind of depends on what you want to do.
I've done the cleric, druid, shaman, and necromancer thing. I have fun by actually grouping with people. Soloing is not fun for me. At all. I thought paladins would be helpful because they can tank. But, I don't mind going cleric, enchanter, shaman, etc. I would just want to group or play with people, haha.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
I've done the cleric, druid, shaman, and necromancer thing. I have fun by actually grouping with people. Soloing is not fun for me. At all. I thought paladins would be helpful because they can tank. But, I don't mind going cleric, enchanter, shaman, etc. I would just want to group or play with people, haha.
Paladins actually can be decent tanks. Both them and ShadowKnights are better group tanks than warriors due to better snap aggro. They're also cheaper to gear than a warrior (especially Paladin). Their issue is Paladins carry a 40% XP penalty which affects the group, while SKs carry up to a 68% penalty (if you go Iksar/Troll). That's the biggest reason people suck it up and take the crappier aggro holding potential of a warrior. Warriors have an XP bonus, not a penalty.

While you hate soloing, you may want to consider the option of farming cash camps at later levels. Clerics can't solo much of anything worth value, while Enchanters and Shaman can solo high end drops.

If you want to be best healer in the game and be super desired by raid guilds go Cleric. If you want to be super desirable in groups and be overpowered with the potential to farm high end cash camps, go Enchanter or Shaman.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
I've got a level 28 paladin and I've not had any issue with getting groups. I think tanks are so rare that most groups are happy to get what they can, and if you're decent you get tossed on everyone's friends list and get invites as soon as you log on. Only issue I really have with my paladin is having to use Flash of Light for agro at this point and that kind of restricts my ability to move during fights if we get an add or someone pulls agro on a 2+ pull.

Big thing with SKs is better race options and getting Disease Cloud at 9. FD, invis, CoS, lifetaps, snare, etc are all pretty tits but on Pal you get hp buffs, root, heals, paci and LoH. I think in smaller groups, paladin is a little more versatile but it really comes down to what you're doing and what levels.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've got a level 28 paladin and I've not had any issue with getting groups. I think tanks are so rare that most groups are happy to get what they can, and if you're decent you get tossed on everyone's friends list and get invites as soon as you log on. Only issue I really have with my paladin is having to use Flash of Light for agro at this point and that kind of restricts my ability to move during fights if we get an add or someone pulls agro on a 2+ pull.

Big thing with SKs is better race options and getting Disease Cloud at 9. FD, invis, CoS, lifetaps, snare, etc are all pretty tits but on Pal you get hp buffs, root, heals, paci and LoH. I think in smaller groups, paladin is a little more versatile but it really comes down to what you're doing and what levels.
Hybrid tanks were better tanks in Classic. When they changed taunt and added disciplines to Warriors - thats when a well geared warrior became a God compared to a Hybrid in a tanking situation. Ogre Warrior with the best haste, slam, and epics - I wish a Hybrid would!!!

Jais

Trakanon Raider
For me, I know I'm never going to be top tier, tanking AoW or Vulak. I've never compared my agro against another tank. I'm sure a warrior would "tank" better by the numbers but I get agro when I want it, they get agro when they can. Then again I'm low level but I've had people state that they were glad I came along to replace their warrior tank, simply because I could hold agro. I can only assume warrior agro becomes more consistent at some point, but hybrids have more tools to play with. All really six one half dozen the other unless your downing dragons and gods, warrior all the way.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does disease cloud still give outrageous aggro? Haven't played in years but thats all a SK needed for taunt and goodluck pulling off of them.