Puzzles and Dragons

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Light/Red Minerva is how I should evolve her correct? cannot wait for Friday to roll around, I need so many dublits to evolve my creatures -.-

Df~_sl

shitlord
What are peoples thoughts on double hera?

Thinking Loki/Persephone leaders, Vampire, CDK, Hera, Situational (mk2 golem, cerberus, abyss neptune, rainbow keeper, second hera)

Yes, Red Light Minerva is best Minerva.

Current plan for Hera dungeon is to get 2 of them... then finish levelling up my dark stuff to tackle zues the next time he shows up...

Does anyone know if Zeus abilities/attack are blocked by thanatos?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Why do you want to make a Dark team? I'm asking because I have Persephone, Underworld Hades (which I will evolve double black on Friday), Vitria, two Vampire Lords and a level 30 MDK, which I will eventually level up to a CDK. What is the benefit over other monocolored teams?

For instance I'm looking at a CDHermes, Blue Ripper, StE, Mystic Fenrir Knight and filler + your Blue Odin and it absolutely destroys things.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wait, why is RL better than RD?

As far as double hera, I have no idea, I'm gonna zombie it out at least twice for her I think. Not sure how I'm going to pull it off though :|

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Why do you want to make a Dark team? I'm asking because I have Persephone, Underworld Hades (which I will evolve double black on Friday), Vitria, two Vampire Lords and a level 30 MDK, which I will eventually level up to a CDK. What is the benefit over other monocolored teams?

For instance I'm looking at a CDHermes, Blue Ripper, StE, Mystic Fenrir Knight and filler + your Blue Odin and it absolutely destroys things.
I want to make a hermes team with Ste Ripper Fenrir Zerker (might even throw in final form of the blue golem) and the Twins just to see if I can rapefest with it while rolling through pretty much everything.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I want to make a hermes team with Ste Ripper Fenrir Zerker (might even throw in final form of the blue golem) and the Twins just to see if I can rapefest with it while rolling through pretty much everything.
This is the shit that makes PAD fun and why I've invested so much time/cash into my god team.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Why Minerva goes Red/Light is because her red white portrait is nicer
smile.png

Though... your SPECIFIC needs change what you will do...

There are several dungeons that pair red/light damage together (specifically Aither Desert).

If you are trying to fit her as a sub in your team, then the choice becomes a bit more specific to your team makeup...

Neptune has it much easier... Blue Black neptune is perfect for 2 heros. Thats more than enough reason to always go blue black... until they release another dungeon that changes. Blue and Black are also found together at Talos's Abyss

If you are going for a rainbow god team (like Horus + Bodin) Then it is suggested you pick the same sub color for all your gods...

As for which Ceres is better... no idea... I wouldnt use Ceres for 2 Heros and I cant think of any place which REQUIRES ceres or that set of resists.... same goes for Venus.

I do think the Light version of Ceres Neptune and Minerva look so much better than the dark... is that important? :p

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, I'm going to go Light/Light for Ceres I think, and I'll setup my second hades as Dark/Light. So then I'll have DD Hades, LL Venus, and DL Hades! Just one more Venus to go Light Dark for ultimate resists!

Doing math it's odd to see that if you needed double resist for dark and light, you're better off bringing two of the offset Hades/Venus instead of the "one of each" set of single color dual element choices (15% damage?).

Df~_sl

shitlord
I want to make a dark team because thats the only "viable" choice I have for leaders.

I now have at least one of each orb changer and one of each knight and one of each starter dragon...

So I COULD make a team for any color... but then lets think about levelling:
Light - yeah after trying to max Ama, gold hunts rarely ever show up
Dark - most common hunt... no pengdras... YET.
RGB - hunt / peng / plant cycle.

Strength / Weakness
Light - strong against dark, weak against nothing (hera?)
Dark - strong against light (zues/valk dungeon)
RGB - weak against one, strong agianst the other...

Orb Changers -
Dark - farmable (Castle of Satan + special lightless dungeon) skillable
Light - Valk dungeon (harder than zeus?)
R - farmable (Tower of Giants / etc) skillable
G - 2 heros (have a special dungeon for their mystic knight)
B - 2 heros

So yeah, thats why I am going with my Dark Team... plus I picked up a cerberus, thanatos, anubis, vritra, dark golem mk2, dark mech, dark sky, lillith, and loki...

List of things I still want:
Viper (delay + zombieeee)
Horus or Isis (maybe Ra) or just really active friends with this...
Bastet as a sub...
Hades (but maybe just double hera instead)

Df~_sl

shitlord
Also... in case anyone missed it... there are reports of hera being thursday instead of zues...

make your plans accordingly... I will update when I know for sure.

Japan side definetly has Hera on thursday...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Well, I'm going to go Light/Light for Ceres I think, and I'll setup my second hades as Dark/Light. So then I'll have DD Hades, LL Venus, and DL Hades! Just one more Venus to go Light Dark for ultimate resists!

Doing math it's odd to see that if you needed double resist for dark and light, you're better off bringing two of the offset Hades/Venus instead of the "one of each" set of single color dual element choices (15% damage?).
I have been driving myself nuts this week trying to figure out which dual spec I want for my lineup.

I've been using mr b.odin almost exclusively trying to decide how I enjoy the rainbow team play style. On the PAD forums there is a fairly good read about high end team building.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/sho...d.php?tid=3578

The discussion about rainbow teams led by a Isis/Horus/Odin devolves into theorycrafting about which subs are needed. Most side on the idea of a blue heavy lineup. Orochi/Enchilada are a staple in each lineup. Since Isis will be the usual partner (blue odin leaders are hard to find) you will be sitting on 3 blue creatures in your group and 3 remaining spots to trigger the other green, black, and light colors. Green can be a pain to fill. Not many options. Dark and light have many more options.

I started off the week running Odin with Orochi, Shiva, Susano, and dark/light Hades. Usually was teamed with another Odin or Isis. This team is pretty damn fun, I'm not going to lie. The problem I was running into is that on harder dungeons I didn't have a high enough RCV and health abilities to stall or take sustained hits. Sure it's fine at the end boss to pop viper for the 5 sec stun, hit Shiva to drop defense and then spear them in the face with Odin before you get 5 rounds to multi-combo whatever it is into hell, but it did not have staying power. The second issue I ran into was into was I was heavy with blue damage and super weak on light. This issue compounded with the low recovery caused a few wipes when I was getting saucy and trying to kill the 2nd to last stage on normal, Hera.

I decided to make some modifications to the base lineup. Since most of the dungeons I was running were more brute force speed clears I swapped out the viper for my amaterasu. This boosted my RCV up by another 800 points over the viper and added an on demand full heal to help alleviate my low rcv/healing issue. It also balanced out my damage to a much more even level by having all the colors covered as primary damage instead of light just being a secondary spec on the hades. With this being a god team the total stats are much higher than average once powered up to a high level. This made exp material farming really effective. Any 5 gem match was sweeping the baby dragons in metal/jewel dungeons unless it was against the color it was weak towards. If a 5 gem match was against a medium/queen dragon that it was strong towards it would kill those also. This is ignoring the 3x combo needed for Isis or 4x for Horus. this is using the 2.5x attack multiplier for Odin. This drastically sped up my farm time. To kill king dragons it requires 2 3x combos it is strong against and 2 more different color 3 gem matches to trigger Isis. The defense on those suckers is 60k so the strong element attack needs to be 30010 damage to one hit kill or 60k for standard element damage obviously. Spearing them in the face with Odin's ability flat out makes me smile. It kills any of the divine masks outright as well. If you have the chance I highly recommend you try it out at least once.

I noticed that light sub spec on Hades ended up putting out nice damage from time to time. Those extra minor hits added up with the proper combos which helps clear the trash quicker. More theorycrafting time... Now I need to level up more dual spec creatures to work with this. Now I run into two more issues. Which dual spec and even which end game team. I'm just going to throw what I've been thinking about out there because frankly there isn't any discussions that I've seen on the english language forums that brings up the crap stuck in my brain.

Which sub spec to go with with Rainbow team to maximize pure brute force?

Blue Odin leader
Minerva red/light
Ceres green/light
Hades dark/light
Zeus

This group can take for a ally leader either Blue Odin, Zeus, Isis, or Horus and proceed to flat out wreck shit according to my napkin math. My dilema is the goddamn dual specs. Do I want to go all light for mass aoe light damage? OR would it be better to take either Minerva or Ceres and go with 1 light and 1 dark for subspec, then make Hades dark/dark so is would be more spread out damage? I have nothing to prove my ideas but I'm really thinking that the full light subspec will be stupidly overpowered.

Now my other thought is do I want to go with Zeus as a leader build the team around that? Most Zeus teams end up with Zeus as leader with a Valk, Verche, Enchilada, and Parvati. Very effective team that can pop all the buttons at the end to turn most of the board light. I keep thinking that with the dual specs a rainbow Zeus team will have much more flexibility with what allies it can team with.

Zeus leader
Minerva red/light
Ceres green/light
Hades dark/light
Demon Viper Orochi or hell even Blue Odin

Team this mess up with another Zeus or Isis/Odin/Horus. With an Orochi in the team you have the big stun for the boss fights, 2 gravity with your Zeus and Hades and possibly a 3rd when teamed with another Zeus. Ceres has a full heal that you can pop when you need the zeus leader damage boost to be active (requires full hp to trigger 3x multiplier). Minerva has a low cooldown single target nuke which is pretty nice for shit like imps/devils. I haven't seen anyone post a lineup like this.

If anyone bothered to read my one too many beers endless tangent please post any thoughts. =)

Df~_sl

shitlord
I have no personal experience with that, but from just theorycrafting...

For subs, I would try to mix the light and dark, making damage be more even rather than bursty. Especially with no orb changers. So keeping a mix of light and dark subs would be my preference. The current top tier dungeons (Valk and Zues) favor dealing dark damage.. will that continue in the future? We dont know.

For the Zeus Zeus Ceres Hades Minerva Orochi ... Its a 9X team with 3 gravities. That MUST be full health to work.

Bastet/Isis Leads, Zeus Hades Orochi XXX(Red Sub) Gives you an 7.5X team with 2 gravities, delay, that requires a 6 match to work... oh and you can turn it into an AE rape machine.

For shits and giggles, I am going to run my alt account through hera...
Valk + Viper setup...
If I can make it through the first four rounds, rest of the dungeon should be cake...

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
With bastet/isis leads it is still a 7.5x team. Zeus/Zeus or Zeus/Isis it a 9x. Blue Odin and Isis/Zeus is a 7.5x. Or did you mean go with dual Horus for the 16x?

I'm going to stick with the blue odin for farm time. Was thinking of the Zeus leader team for boss killing... possibly. I really enjoy how the blue odin team plays out. Having both leaders as blue odins makes your multiplier lower (6.25) but every combo you make hits pretty damn hard. Isis is so easy to trigger she gets lots of use as well, being easier to find allies with.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Yeah sorry my brain is not working right... These modifiers are all jumbled for me right now, I need more sleep!

I do not suggest dual horus for most people... as when you do not trigger.. you do crap damage... Sometimes there is nothing you can do to force a trigger especially with no orb changers. Isis however, is a sure thing.

4 minutes to find out if its hera or zues....

yup its Hera... lame.

Here we go... starting hera:
AO, RKx3, Neptune, Godin
16963 HP

Super slow and steady wins the race...

Charged up skills on each round, killed the little devils first as they attacked each time and left the bigger devils up while I charged (no skills to worry about so can take your time). Used a Rainbow Keeper and Godin Gungnir to start off with until I could get staggered attacks. Then just whittled stuff down and made sure to recharge all skills before finishing them off.

Currently on the gods... I do not foresee any problems...

On minerva... biggest problem is staying motivated and not just using automatch...

Neptune... hurray I brought poison... sleepy time.

So... if you have both Hera and Hades... hera just turns into a ridiculously expensive chance at a skill up
frown.png
At least its an assured drop... but 50stam per skill up chance... thats better than any of the mystic knights I guess :p

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Oh sweet holy Jesus it is like night and day doing Hera with an AMA/Odin team compared to running a zombie team.

Just killed Hera in 34 turns. Total dungeon clear time 40 min. Zero stones used.

Time to farm some Heras to skill up Hades
smile.png

Df~_sl

shitlord
Farming becomes so much easier with very high stamina... since each stone is worth so many more dungeon runs...

Guess I need to find a good way to level up now... at rank 100+ The idea of using a stone and getting 10 metal dragon runs sounds fantastic...
Using a stone for 3 metal dragon runs sounds awful.

Df~_sl

shitlord
I literally fell asleep during my hera clear... so yeah... theres that. Just finished up clear number one... gonna do number 2 in less than an hour from now...

by the way...

[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */..

your ADK is lvl 1... wtf throw some xp at that thing! Should feel ashamed listing that as your leader! But for farming... an adk is an adk I suppose... how long you gonna leave it at lvl1?
smile.png

Also, I wish there was a way to know which people on your list used you... I am sure there are lots of people on my list that never ever use me... yet I have to reject people all the time...

You guys are affecting my PAL point generation... USE ME ALREADY...

I was expecting alot more pal point generation with a maxed AO than I am currently getting...